His Love is Enough

His Love is Enough

A Poem by Love Well Spent
"

God's love will always be enough.

"

I didn’t understand why it was so hard to find love.

Was I looking in all the wrong places?

Was my appearance not enough?

 

Three years have passed since I let Stacy go.

He was a great boyfriend, but was he right for me?

No.

 

People call me beautiful, but why should that matter?

I’m too quiet, too shy, too…

Afraid.

 

What if he didn’t love me for me?

The woman who I had grown to be,

A daughter of God, servant of The King

 

I was tired of waiting for my Prince Charming

It pained me to know he might never come

And that I might never fall in love…

 

But then I thought of the One True Love

And how He had died on a cross for me

He questioned me, “Is my love not enough, beloved?”

 

And I realized then what a fool I had been

I don’t need a Prince Charming to complete my life

I have Jesus and His love is enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Love Well Spent


Author's Note

Love Well Spent
So...yeah, this poem is kind of messy. Sorry about that. It's far from being perfect, but then again perfection isn't what I was aiming for when writing this poem. I really just let out all my feelings...no altering of words or phrases. Hope you like it. Feel free to leave me a review with your own thoughts and/or feelings. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this poem a lot. It has truth in it (one of the best qualities in a poem). I really like the line 'He questioned me "Is my love not enough beloved?''. I wish others could understand as you do. But I hope they do through reading your poem Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dear Love Well Spent,

Often times, we find ourselves looking for love in all the wrong places when God says, His grace is sufficient for us. Patience is a learned virtue and I know I'm still learning, lol. And the second stanza, I definitely understand what it means for something to just not be right. When I feel lonely or frustrated like the first stanza, I often find myself trying to make things work with someone I know is not for me.

I say the same thing, like, okay just cause I have a pretty face does not mean I can have any guy I want. It takes patience, assertiveness, and discernment, things that come with time.

I liked how in the middle of the poem, you redirected your thoughts to Christ because often times we look for others to complete us, but that leads to a dead end. There's a hole made for Christ only.

Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely Victorious

God bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


Don't what to say other then it is good. It has heart behind it and is obviously comes from true faith. Which is why it's hard to critique.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really do like this poem. It really isn't that messy, it got the message through perfectly. And a beautiful message as well, sometimes we really don't think about it. His love is enough. Really great poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What if he didn’t love me for me?
The woman who I had grown to be,
A daughter of God, servant of The King

WOW such amazing words, I love this write.
Doesn't appear messy to me, it's well said and written.
You have strong faith and I like that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ur faith is commendable.thanx for sharing.well done :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


like it looks great

Posted 11 Years Ago


beautiful - so true. i often look for love in places , where ill never find the kind of love that i am looking for and then i realize that only HE cloud love me like that!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow.... i had some sort of revaluation similar to this recently too... i did turn to god for a listening ear... ooo this is a touchy subject for me..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was beautiful, no need for perfection in this piece, in my opinion. I totally agree with the message of this poem. Jesus is king of all and is our true Prince no matter what others say or thing about us. His opinion is the only one that truly matters. Beautiful write my friend, thank you for sharing this. It was honestly something I really needed to read today, so thank you for that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"And I realized then what a fool I had been
I don’t need a Prince Charming to complete my life
I have Jesus and His love is enough."

Beautiful poem (: and yes, His love certainly is enough.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, life, love, sadness, god

Author

Love Well Spent
Love Well Spent

Asheville, NC



About
Small town girl, endless dreamer, devoted friend, beloved daughter, and a baby sister of two. Just turned 22! My passion is writing and I love sharing it with the world. Thanks for checking .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ancient Custom Ancient Custom

A Poem by Tex


I Remember You I Remember You

A Poem by Tex


The Statue The Statue

A Poem by Emily


Of Pain Of Pain

A Poem by Emily