Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Lady Nikki Nightmare
"

this is basically whats going on in the story for the most part. It is kind of confusing but I hope you enjoy it.

"

Vampires everywhere have heard stories over the centuries of great vampires falling for mere humans. Humans are lowly creatures who mean nothing to anyone! So, a historic vampire doctor named Edward The Horrid from the days of the crusades invented a special procedure. If it is done correctly, this procedure can safely allow a vampire to live without its heart. Everyone knows without a heart it’s twice as hard to kill a vamp, but it’s also twice as easy for a human to recognize them as well.

 

A procedure like that leaves a permanent scar on a vampire. It leaves an ’X’ where their skin is stitched back together over the place where their heart used to be. Without a heart, the only way to kill them is to lore them into sunlight or burn them by fire, unless they have a Lapis Lazuli stone. Then the only sure fire way to kill them is to decapitate them and burn the pieces.

 

Before anyone had ever imagined religion or vampires, a child of Eve was born. A daughter who was destined for greater things. She was born to a lowly family, her mother died whilst giving birth, and her father could not bare the sight of her. So, she was taken in by a rather wealthy couple. Little did any one know she was going to be murdered.

 

In the days of old, when she was born, everything was kept in secret. It was illegal to create vampires younger than eighteen. Since the girl was merely a child, the couple had to raise her as their own. The only name she had ever known was Roslyn, Rose for short. She could never understand why her parents were both exquisitely beautiful with dark hair and golden eyes and skin as pale as newly fallen snow while she was plain. She had long blond hair that her ’mother’ refused to cut that curled nearly perfectly, but she longed to have her mother’s wavy jet black locks. Her eyes were as blue as the deep pacific ocean, but she longed for her father’s golden honey eyes. Her parents were both naturally tall while she was short.

 

By the time the girl had reached eighteen, she knew what was going to happen to her. She knew what she was, and she knew what her parents were. She also knew there was nothing that could save her, or her precious heart. Her heart was and still is what keeps her alive, the only problem was that she didn’t know where her parents hid her heart.

 

Roslyn was tired of living in fear, and she was tired of being what the humans came to know as the heartless. From the moment she broke away from her parents she left a white Rose on every victim she ever fed from, and she made sure that she kept her victims alive and numbered. She had the power to alter memories, and that was the only power that she ever used on herself as well as the humans.

 

My name is Roslyn, and I am the first hybrid vampire. I have no heart, and I have not had a heart for nearly five thousand years. I was born in the year 2990 BC. I became a vampire in 2972 BC. I am the oldest living Vampire since Dracula. My story isn’t for those who are faint of heart. If you cannot take a lot of violence, I suggest you close this now. But if you are up for the challenge, Keep reading. It only gets more intense.



© 2010 Lady Nikki Nightmare


Author's Note

Lady Nikki Nightmare
this is basically more like the description of what's going on right now, but the first few chapters are all ready written.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are very rare strong parts in here, spelling errors, and i think you need to change the name of this edward guy it is too much like twilight. Other than that I think you have a great base for a story, very original ideas, but you need to make the whole story flow together if that makes sense.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting prologue, enough to keep me reading, I guess I'm up for the challenge, I think I'll check out the next chapter :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I expected this to just be another vamp story, but it really is original! Fabulous - I'm heading over to the next chapter :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

852 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2009
Last Updated on January 1, 2010
Tags: vampire, lapis lazuli, love, hate, Roslyn, Luke


Author

Lady Nikki Nightmare
Lady Nikki Nightmare

Great Falls, SC



About
I have been writing for pretty much the past nine years. I have never had any formal creative writing training nor have I studied writing. I just became addicted to the escape of writing. Im.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Help Help

A Poem by Brittany YO