Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by LovelessRomance
"

When the love of your life is in love with someone else.

"

I’m losing you. The game of love has come to a close. It’s over. She’s won. We had it all until she came along. I’ve lost you. I just wanted you to know that I’m still in love with you. You’ve inspired me to follow my dreams, and I thank you for that. There are so many things I want to tell you but I’m afraid I won’t be able to. I know she’s standing over you reading this silently in her head and laughing quietly to herself. I hope she makes you happy. Just know that I will love you until the day I die. I am yours. Forever.

             Forever yours,

                    Ana

 

 I stared at my laptop screen for what seemed like an hour. My mouse hovered over the Send button. I grazed my hand over the keyboard and hit the Backspace button. I watched as my letter disappeared word by word before my eyes. I just couldn't do it. He's happy now that he's with her. They deserve each other. She's beautiful and everyone seems to love her so much. I see why he chose her over me.

 Getting away from my laptop seemed like a challenge. A sigh escaped my lips as I headed towards my dresser. A picture of us together at the mall sat on top of my dresser. I picked up the picture and stared at it. The two people in the photo looked so happy together. The guy in the photo stood at six feet tall with light brown skin and short black curly hair. He wore a solid blue polo with an eagle imprinted on his chest. The guy had deep brown eyes and a wide smile. The girl had her long light brown hair in a ponytail hanging down her chest and her big hazel eyes were covered up by black nerdy glasses. Her skin was two shades lighter than the guys and she had a smile to match his. The girl was wearing the guys grey hoodie and it was a one size too big for her. The guy had his arm wrapped around her waist and they were both throwing up peace signs. In the background was the Forever 21 store.

 I put the picture back down on the dresser and sighed. Those two people in the photograph looked so happy together. That picture was taken just two weeks before she came into the picture and then everything changed after that. Things seemed so much easier before she showed up. My phone vibrating in my pocket snapped me back into reality. New text message: Michael. You texted me. I took a deep breath and opened up the text. It's been awhile since we hung out. Wanna meet up later? No. Not right now, I thought. I'm trying to get over you. Sure. The mall at 7? Looks like getting over you won't be as easy as I thought. Sounds good. See you there. Oh, China is coming too. Hope that's cool? Of course you would invite your beautiful girlfriend along. Yeah. That's even better. See ya soon. Why must I be tortured like this? Am I being punished for something? Please God, help me get over him. I can't take the pain anymore. Please, make it stop. I sank down to the floor and cried into my hands. I didn't want to go out but I couldn't say no to him. I wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to put on my brave face. This was going to be a long day. Just remember the good times, I kept telling myself.


 It's been two years since we first met. It's funny how people can come into your life at the most unexpected times. I needed you even though I didn't know it at first. You always stuck by my side. Always had my back. I put you through hell sometimes but you were still there for me. I still think about the very first time when we met. We were both seventeen at the time and in our Senior year of high school....

 It was the middle of the school year and I had just moved here from Georgia. The scenery was different. I was now living on the west coast in San Diego. My mother and I moved here because it provided us with more oppourtunity. I never knew my father and I honestly didn't care to know him. The way my mom described him he sounded like an a*s. I hurried off down the hall and into my class. Photography class. Great. I've always been terrible at photography. Lighting and angles were not my friend. When I grabbed the last empty seat that's when I turned and saw you. You were talking to a variety of people with a camera in your hand.

 "Hey Michael. Want to come over tonight? A bunch of us were going to film some new stuff," a short chubby girl with curly red hair said.

 "Not tonight Amber. I still gotta finish editing my last video. You guys know how it is with this youtube stuff. Maybe this weekend though?," Michael said while stuffing his camera into his backpack.

 "Alright. I'll hold you to that promise. By the way, are you going to Alex's party Friday night? He really wants you there."

 "I don't know. I'm not in that whole popular kid scene. Just cause he's my cousin doesn't mean I'll do everything he says."

 "Chill Michael. It was just a question. No need for the verbal abuse."

"Okay students. If you're all done with your private conversations, can we get started with class now?," the teacher said.

 The teacher was a short and skinny man with a huge bald spot on the top of his head. He wore glasses that looked like they were from the 80s and his sweater was stitched with multi-color stripes on them. His khaki pants were slightly wrinkled at the bottom and his black shoes looked like they had just been polished.

 "Okay class. Now today we're going to be taking facial shots. I want each of you to grab a partner and head outside. Pick a spot where the sun hits your partners face and capture the emotions. Now I want strong emotions in these pictures. Give me a variety of poses. Now get going."

 I looked around the room and saw people moving around like herding cattle.

 "You're the new girl, right? I'm Michael. Looks like we're partners now. My partner ran off with someone else."

 "Ahh I see. How tragic. Maybe you should file a complaint," I said teasingly.

 "Haha. Maybe I should."

 Michael and I headed out into the front of the school. We looked around and saw people running around like animals let loose in a zoo.

 "Hmm...how about we go over there by the parking lot. I see a ray of light that looks perfect."

 "Uhh sure. Lead the way Michael."

 "Sure thing. So what's your name?"

 "Oh. I'm Ana. Ana Roberts."

 "Nice to meet you Ana. I'm Michael Rozaro. Welcome to our school. You enjoying it so far?"

 "Well, it has a nice view."

 "Are you flirting with me, Ana?"

 "What? Uhh, no? I just meant that I have a good view of the city from here."

 "I was just messin with you. Haha. Yeah, the views great. You get some great shots from here too. A bunch of famous photographers do photo-shoots here."

 The parking lot was full of vehicles. Not one spot was empty. It was easy to get lost in if you weren't careful. I felt like I should draw out a map of the place or something.The sunlight hit Michael's face perfectly and it looked like he was glowing. I didn't know much about photography but I'm sure this is what our teacher was looking for. Michael was so beautiful standing there in the light.

 "So, do you want to be the model or should I? Hello, Ana?"

 "I'm sorry. What?"

 "Do you want to model or take the pictures?"

 "Umm, I'll model. I'm horrible at taking pictures."

 "I was too when I first started out but now I enjoy it. Maybe you should try it sometime. You might actually like it."

 "Yeah. I'd like that."

 Michael set down his backpack on the ground and pulled out his camera. It was huge. It looked like one that professionals use.

 "Alright. Now stand over by that blue car over there and try to think of something sad."

 "Something sad? Got it."

 I headed over towards the car and squatted on the ground. I thought about when I ran over an innocent squirrel in the road one day. That was pretty upsetting. It was my first time hitting an animal and I felt so guilty about it that I had a funeral for it.

 "More emotion. Move over a little to the left. That's perfect! I got a great shot. Now move over towards that silver car and show me some anger."

 I moved to the next car. I had more anger in me than I wanted to admit. This shot would be an easy one.

 "Wow! That was great! You must have a ton of anger in you. Okay, final shot. Move over to that yellow car and show me some happiness."

 I headed over towards the yellow car and leaned up against it. When I did the car alarm started going off.

 "Oh no! Michael, what do we do?!"

 "RUN!!"

 We gathered up everything and ran as fast as we could up towards the school building. As we were running we stopped to catch our breath and started laughing.

 "Nice going, Ana."

 "Me? You're the one who told me to stand next to it."

 Michael snapped a quick picture of me.

 "Sorry. The light was perfect. Great shot by the way. You're a natural at this."

 "So do I get to see these pictures?"

 "Maybe."

 Michael ran off into the school. I chased after him laughing all the way back to the room. We were the last ones to arrive back in class. Our teacher, Mr. Jones gave us a confused look but shooed us to our seats.

 "So. What took you so long? I thought you got lost or something," Amber whispered.

 "Nahh. An alarm went off. Scared us both."

 "So, who's your new partner? She's pretty."

 "Her name's Ana Roberts. You're the one who left me here."

 "Sorry about that, but Jake's usual partner was absent today. I couldn't let him go without a partner."

 "Uh-huh. Sure. I'll never understand girls. Actually, I had a good time with Ana. She's different."

 "If I didn't know any better I'd say someone is crushing on someone."

 "Nahh. I mean I don't even know her."

 "Well Michael, the whole point of dating is to get to know the other person better. Didn't anyone ever teach you that?"

 "Yeah, yeah. Get back to staring at Jake."

 Michael looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back at him. He seemed perfect but then again, we all have our flaws.

 That first day we met was nothing short of perfect. You were quite the charmer and you weren't even trying. I think that's the day I fell for you. It was like love at first sight. You meant the world to me and you still do. I just wish I had told you before it was too late.

 I pulled up to the mall on time, and headed to our usual spot. There you were waiting for me. Everything about you was still the same. Your face, your smile, your eyes, and even your laugh. I wanted to run into your arms and hug you, but something stopped me. You had a girl on your arm. China. She was tall, and had flawless sun-kissed skin. Her full lips were a pale shade of pink and she had those model type curves. She looked like she just stepped out of Vogue magazine. Her sleek long black hair was pulled up into a sloppy bun and she had long legs. Black pumps were on her feet and 80s style shorts hung on her hips. She wore a big grey t-shirt and a chunky black belt. Sunglasses hid her eyes but I already knew what was behind them. Big dark green eyes. Her eyes were what got guys attention even though she wasn't lacking in the b***s department. I guess that's how she dragged Michael in to her love game. She seemed sweet on the outside but on the inside she was as vicious as a snake. I could see right through her disguise and I guess that's why she never really like me. She never liked how close Michael and I were. She always saw me as a threat and I guess she still does.

 "Ana. It's great seeing you. Man, it seems like forever since we were last here. You remember my girlfriend China, don't you?"

 "Of course I do. Nice seeing you again, China."

 "Yeah. Nice to see you as well, Ana."

 China just gave me an evil glare and squeezed Michael's arm. In girl code that means, "back off. He's mine. Touch him and I'll break your arm." I just looked at them and smiled politely.

 "So is there some sort of special occassion for us being here or are we just hanging out?"

 "Well actually I wanted to talk to you about something."

 "Okay. Shoot, Michael."

 "China and I are moving in together. We're moving to Chicago at the beginning of next month."

 "You're moving away? What? Why? That's only two weeks away!"

 "I know it is. Well China wanted to move back to Chicago to take care of her mom since she's sick and I couldn't let her go alone so I'm going with her."

 "That's insane. Is this really what you want?"

 "Of course it is. All I want is to be with China. She's everything I want, and I'd do anything for her."

 "Awwh, thank you baby. You're so good to me," china said as she kissed him in front of me.

 Watching them kiss right in front of me was painful. I wanted to close my eyes or do anything to keep from seeing it but it was over all too soon before I could do anything.

 "Well congratulations to you both. I'm happy for yall. Will I get to see you again before you leave?"

 "Yeah. I want you there when we head to the airport. You're my best friend Ana and it would mean the world to me if you would see us off."

 "I wouldn't miss it for anything."

 "Great. Well we better leave. Gotta pack some more. I'll see you later, maybe?"

 "You sure will. Nice to see you again China."

 "Bye Ana."

 I watched them walk off and China smiled back at me. I slowly headed back to my car and tried to process what all had just happened. I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I was losing my best friend, the love of my life to some hoe of a Barbie doll. I was losing Michael and there was nothing I could do about it.



© 2012 LovelessRomance


Author's Note

LovelessRomance
Grammatical errors are possible. This is just a rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
Added on September 11, 2012
Last Updated on September 11, 2012
Tags: Romance, Teen, Sad, Love, Youtube, Photography


Author

LovelessRomance
LovelessRomance

KY



About
I'm a weird person, but it has its advantages. more..

Writing