Letting Go

Letting Go

A Poem by Layla Anne Massaro
"

Letting go might sound easy but it is not.

"

I have finally decided to let you go

Wishing it was a brilliant option

Although my tears will always flow

I just need to make the last conclusion

 

Here in my heart you will still reside

The greatest moments of the two of us

All the impossibilities that I have tried

I will directly return it to where it was

 

Me: “I love you”

You: “I love her”

 

It was hurtful when you answered me

But then I thought of just accepting it

The painful scars that you might not see

It made me down from my head to feet

 

Me: “Goodbye”

You: “Thank you”

 

Letting you go is easy for me but…

Forgetting you will take a long time…

© 2011 Layla Anne Massaro


Author's Note

Layla Anne Massaro
I am letting you go just to make you happy. I know that you don't need me in your life anymore but just to let you know, I felt hurt.

Readers, bear with me, I am awfully melancholic right now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is never hard saying good bye even when you know you have to to move forward!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sad, sorrowful words, beautifully expressed. I think we can all relate to your words in some way or other. great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What I really like about this poem is this change of perspective structure,it`s a poetic technique you don`t often see,but when I read your poem I realise how effective it is and how well you have used it.It´s a great way to explore the contradictions in relationships.Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes, letting go is never easy. I felt like that when me and my ex broke up. I know it's hard for anyone to ever go through. This poem was really nicely written. And I'm sorry your in a melancholy mood. I can truly understand what you're going through. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Letting go is never easy but sometimes it is the right thing in order to live life fully. Very emotional work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is definitely a subject many can relate to, myself included. While it's hard to fathom, what he did had merit in itself. I've been (and sort of still am) in a situation where not only does she feel more for someone else, she also drags me along for the ride. She swears she hates him. She swears she loves me. But as soon as she wraps me in, the truth rears its ugly head. Closure is a valuable commodity, even if it's rarely wanted.

Since this is a review though, I have to say the flow was nice. "Here in my heart you will still reside, The greatest moments of the two of us" was a nice, straightforward line that didn't need flowery arrangement to be powerful and beautiful. Nicely executed. "my tears will always flow" feels a little cliche to me, but besides that, there's not much I can criticize.

It's honest, it's heartfelt, it works. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


My goodness... I can relate so well! And you are right. It's really hard to let someone go especially when you have loved that person for so long. The love you two shared definately makes a big impact. But sometimes life does force us in these situations where we just learn to let that person go even if it hurts so much. This poem reminds me of my broken past. Though..sometimes that person we love might not be the person for us, you know. I'm so sorry your dealing with such ache especially during this time. I hope happiness will guide you again and make you smile. Feel better soon! I loved your poem! A very powerful write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved it. I think I'm going through the same thing but things have been so blurry lately, I can't tell the real from the fake.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Me
Fantastic!!! Great piece..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved the red parts. They added spice to the poem. Anyway, the poem as a whole was bittersweet and sad. And you being melancholic right now is the reason why this poem is heart-tugging. You expressed your emotions well, and as a result, we feel for you. When it comes from the heart, a poem usually ends up brilliant. So great job. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1033 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 31, 2011

Author

Layla Anne Massaro
Layla Anne Massaro

MO



About
I am an erratic, straight-forward, amiable and amorous girl. I’ve been hurt a lot of times when it comes to love so I decided to make an account here to read some of the greatest love poems. I a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tainted Heart Tainted Heart

A Poem by Thea


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry