Surrounded by the Dead

Surrounded by the Dead

A Story by LovelyDeath
"

Spare my beloved and you shall have me, body and soul. -Robin, Surrounded by the Dead

"
 There was nothing any of us could do. We all knew what was coming and we all feared the end that was coming to quickly over the horizon.
I sat quietly, letting the sun warm up my skin for the last time until we would have to run into hiding to save the last of the human race.
I wasn't ready to die and neither were half the people have died. The pain must have been unbearable and my hear stops beating as I picture each of them dropping to the floor in their lifeless states.
"We have to keep moving, Isla." Robin said, grabbing my arm and pulling me up to my feet. Hot tears streaked down my face as I glanced at the setting sun. The sky was a beautiful shade of red and orange as it darkened.
"Okay." I said quietly, wiping my tears off even though they still kept coming. I was rooted into the spot and I couldn't move at all. Robin sighed, running a hand through his hair before he spun around and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder and running just as the last of the sky darkened.
Screams erupted out of no where as the ground shook. The first part of the end had struck not to long ago and now the second part would happen, the part where the corpses of those who died will come to kill us.
"Robin!" I yelled as one of them started pulling after us. "Run run run!" I shouted, I could see blood seeping out of one the zombies, as we like to call them.
More came and suddenly we were surrounded, Robin set me down and pulled me into his warm embrace as my heartbeat seemed so loud I could almost hear it.
 I was deathly afraid, but not for my life. The unbearable pain of seeing Robin die would surely be more painful than anything that these things could do to me.
I started to cry, hot tears streaming down my cheeks as I kept picturing something happening to Robin, my Robin.
'Shh, Isla. It's alright." he said, stroking my hair. Even in this moment would I could have been killed did my heart beat even faster from his embrace as tingles shot through my body.
He pushed me away from him and turned around, flipping his knife out and cutting his skin. They stared at him in wonder, until blood seeped out and what was left of their eyes darkened.
"Robin!" I yelled, "Don't! Please, I need you!"
He spun around and looked at me, dropping the knife and pulling him to me for a long sweet kiss that set my skin on fire and my heart picked up speed yet again.
He pulled away just then, and cut himself again.
"Run Isla.." he stated easily, and I didn't move.
They came at him full force, knocking him over as they pretty much ate him alive.
"Robin!" I screamed out.
Three single words nearly lit myself on fire, sending me into overdrive. My heart was being ripped in half, not physically by the zombies for they were to busy eating Robin alive.
"I love you." he stated simply, before his eyes slipped closed and he stopped moving completely.
I turned and ran, moving as fast as I could to try and save myself. But not for me, if I had it my way I would throw myself to them, but for Robin. So his sacrifice would mean something.
 I ran, then tumbled. I felt the blow to my head as I fell over and everything went black....
I woke up with people leaning over me, their eyes practically falling out of their heads as blood seeped from them and their hair that was already almost completely gone.
I screamed a high pitched sound, it even hurt my ears. Their expressions didn't change, still lifeless; still hungry.
They reached towards me and one of them cut my arm. My heart picked up speed, louder and faster than any of the other times as I knew I was going to die.
They touched me again, running their fingers over my blood for a moment, before they picked up my hand.
I felt their disgusting skin touching my hand and my eyes widened. I tried to pull away, seconds from being bit a new voice spoke in.
"Leave her." he said and I looked up at Robin, he wasn't the same as before. He was one of them now, not like me.
"Robin." I whimpered quietly, staring up at him. The tears that had been pulling in my eyes were now spilling over looking at him.
"We want her though." one of them mumbled, making what's left of his teeth come out, which he caught and shoved back in as the others nodded.
"Spare my beloved and you shall have me, body and soul." Robin said quietly. He wasn't as falling apart as the others.
The others thought about it for a moment, only a moment before they hissed at each other and moved away as quickly as possible.
 "Robin." I stated quietly, trying to get to my feet only in making myself fall over. He moved closer to me, kneeling down.
"Isla.." he said, putting a hand on the side of my head. "I love you."
"I love you too and it's all over."
'No it will never be over, now it's just the beginning." he said, kissing me softly before pulling away. "Take care and don't die on me." he said simply, before he glanced up as I followed his gaze.
"No!" I yelled out as the sun rose over the horizon. I could see what was left of him was melting and falling apart, before he put one hand on the side of my head, staring at me with a gaze filled with love.
It changed to pain, before he was replaced with ashes that blew away in the wind as I laid there staring.

© 2010 LovelyDeath


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 8, 2010

Author

LovelyDeath
LovelyDeath

AVC, CA



About
My name is Miranda, I'm 12 years old and I've been writing for only about a year, but I've read more than 2thousand books since I've learned to read and over 95thousand pages. I love romance novel.. more..

Writing
We Meet Again We Meet Again

A Chapter by LovelyDeath