Chapter 2 - This Cold World

Chapter 2 - This Cold World

A Chapter by Lucia

Chapter 2 - This Cold World

It has now officially been a month since Geun Young and I have met.  We meet each other each weekend, but we can't talk in public because of her aggressive "boyfriend".  I've learn that she goes to a neighboring school, only one city away from mine.  She is an art major and mostly does paintings.  She even showed me a picture of one of them.  And she is really amazing, truly talented!  But since our meetings are few and far between we use our only, or should I say abuse, our only option.... G-Dragon.

We use him to send notes to each other, back and forth.   Of course I wish we could just text, but sadly she doesn't have a phone.  So G-Dragon will have to do for now as we are still getting to know each other.  Yet each time I leave from talking with her, I want more.  These notes no longer satisfy me.  I fear we will always be like this....sneaking around.  And every night that I get home I can't help but let my thoughts trail off....

I just wanna know if you feel the same
Where u at, where u at, where u at?
Tell me now
And let my love for you begin
Where you at girl?


It's Saturday night and I'm giddy with enthusiasm as I practically skip on my way to JYP's Night Club.  It's November, but I don't need a coat.  Geun Young notices little things that I do, like at, and laughs.  Ah, such a sweet laugh that I would do anything to hear it.

Today is the day I'm going to tell her how I really feel.  I wonder if it is to soon, but I ignore my usual worrisome self as I take a seat at the bar.  The usual loud music is playing as I go though my confession speech in my head.  Maybe I should run it past G-Dragon, he's way better with stuff like this anyways.

I just wanna know if you feel the same
Where u at, where u at, where u at?


"G-Dragon~"  Hey....where is he?  That's odd, he's never missed a shift in his life.  Even when he's sick he comes in energetically and ready to go.  Something is wrong.  "Hey, have you seen G-Dragon?"  I ask another bartender, whom I've probably seen a million times, yet his face is foreign to me.

"He called and said he is running late,"  he reported to me and then went hastily back to his work.  That's not right.  If G-Dragon is anything, he's punctual.  

I nod and thank him, though he isn't paying attention to me anymore.

When you call my name someday

"I need to talk to you,"  a voice whispers into my left ear and grabs my collar.  I spin around and am relieved at the sight I see.

"G-Dragon, you scared me,"  I breathed out, lucky my suspicions were wrong.

"Yeah well something scared me today..." he trailed off as his eyes shifted around the room, "don't ask question, follow me"  he instructed, and I had no other choice but to listen.  His worried look really scared me.  Everything felt wrong.  G-Dragon never felt scared or worried.  He was the most laid back person I know.  So you can imagine the thoughts going though my head at this moment.

I will be right in front of you

He was silent for quite some time, as if he didn't know how to tell me something.  "I'm right here.  Just tell me what happened, ok?"  I tried calming him down but his eyes flickered constantly like the light of a candle during a storm.

"I saw, or rather hear, something I don't think I should have.  I was on my way to work when I saw Geun Young getting yelled at by her "boyfriend".  He pushed her into a nearby house, and I was just so shocked I couldn't move.  I finally went to the door because I just couldn't leave at what I had seen, and I heard...they were yelling..."  he stopped and sat down.  Even though we were in the building's largest storing room, I suddenly left cramped.  I dropped to the floor for support.

"Then what happened?"  I prompted.

"...then I put my ear to the door...they were yelling about....you."

"ME?!"  I screeched.

"Shhh!  Yes YOU!  And then I heard...well it sounded like things were being thrown around.  And she was screaming really loud.....then there was nothing.  No noise whatsoever.  I was so scared I ran all the way here."

His abnormally sweat socked shirt proved his story, yet I didn't want to believe him.  Geun Young was hurting because of me.  I felt terrible.  I hit my head with my fist but G-Dragon stopped me.  "Here, this the note she gave me to give to you today"

I simply looked at it.  The little frogs jumping around as it's border only accentuated the cuteness of the stationary. It's pastel colors seemed smile, childish, and inviting.  But as I have said so before, looks are incredibly deceiving.  I unfolded the note and read it out loud, "I might be late today"  That's all it said.  "That B*****d!"  I screamed, throwing the paper in no direction in particular.  

"Ok, this is what your going to do.  She'll be here soon, so make up your mind how your going to react when she arrives."  G-Dragon was really serious, and I didn't know how to absorb the new he had just given me.  My momentary impulse told be to go beat that guy up for what he did to my Geun Young.  But I couldn't.  He's good with cops and I'm sure he would be able to make it look like I'm the one at fault.

But could I just sit here and talk to her like nothing was happening?  Why did things have to be like this?  I stood up and helped G-Dragon into a standing position.

"We'll get him for this" he assured.  Then we both walked back to the main room in silence.
.
.
.
She's here.  I had made up my mind.  I can't tell her how I feel today, not with everything that just happened.  I guess all I can do is be there for her.  I tried not to make a depressed face, but no one was looking right?  ...Wrong.

"Hi TaeYang!"  I felt a gentle tap at my shoulder and I instantly knew who it was.  How could I forget hands as delicate as hers?

The look on your face seemed to say
You understand how lonely I was


She gave me a sympathetic look, and a reassuring squeeze for my shoulder as she gracefully sat beside me.  "Are you feeling alright?  You look red?"  She bent over and put her cool hands to my overheated  forehead.  I knew I should pull away, but still I let the moment linger.  I knew in that touch, that moment, that we were made for each other.

That look makes you so unforgettable
You understand me


Why does she treat me so well?  I look up at her face for the first time that night.  Gasping, I almost fall out of my seat.  "W-w~"  I point to the gigantic bruise on her left side of her forehead.  Even with make-up, she couldn't hide it.  Grabbing her hands I quickly scan her arms.  They are also full of make-up cover bruises.

"It's nothing..."  she pulls away, then makes up some lame excuse,  "I fell down...hard".

"You--"  I start, but remember what G-Dragon told me.  I need to choose my words carefully.  I don't want her to know that I know what happened...not yet.  "You need to be more careful,"  I soften my tone and pulled her into a loose hug, so as not to hurt her.  I can feel her lips curving into a smile, and I swear I felt a couple of tears run down and gather at my collar bone.  They are cool and calm as they dance around my neck.  We stayed in this embrace for some time until I hear a rap song fade out...

Oh then I wake up
Then I'm out my zone
Blink twice, and then you're gone


...and fade into a softer, slower song.  "Would you like to dance?"  I whisper in her ear and she shyly nods, not once letting go of my hand as I lead her to the dance floor.  Arm in arm we move closer and closer.  I can feel her rhythmic heart beat, and wonder if mine is also noticeable for her.  My heart cries for her, for all the pain I have caused her.

Is your life as hard for you as mine is for me?

I know it is...even harder.  And you don't deserve this.  I promise I'll protect you.

I swear she heard my promise, because when I silently made it she looked up and gave me the most unforgettable kiss.  Soft and quick, barely even noticeable.  Yet I will treasure it all my life.  It was wonderful, but also the constant prof that I am a coward.  I couldn't even kiss her before she kissed me.  Shocked, and unsure of how to react, I didn't even notice someone tapping at my shoulder.

Geun Young struggling free from my grip propelled me into the current moments' situation.

"Hey you!"  A voice yelled behind me and I foolishly turned around.

WAMMM!!  The next this I knew, darkness was swirling all around me.  I felt a warm stream of liquid spill from my face, and it took me an abnormal amount of time to recognize this substance as blood.  He must have hit me good, because I could no longer see and my hearing was going.  Yet his yells were definite and clearly audible.

"Some kids never learn!"  I could then hear Geun Young screaming and crying.  Her breath was heavy and it sounded like she was being dragged out of the place.  Soon I no longer hear anything except the confused yells of concerned spectators.  Then I stopped struggling and let my body fall into consciousness, and believe it or not, it was a lot more pleasant than the pain from my nose.
.
.
.
"Wake up already!!"  I hear a high pitched voice scream, though I knew it distantly to be a boys'.

AH!  I jumped up hitting my head against his, "What did you do that for?!"  I screamed, trembling from the cold water that was just thrown on me.

"Sit still..."  his familiar voice made me smile, and as I saw my vision coming back I could see a towel already blood stained coming at my face.  I tried to move away from it, but he roughly grabbed my head and shouted, "I said sit still!"

I did as I was told and let him finish cleaning my face.  There was a lot of blood, and I was grateful that I wasn't one of those kids that faints at the sight of blood.

"Pabo"  he grunted, helping me to remember how much of an idiot I had been.  Finally he was finished and he did something I have never expected he would do.  He turned my head and hugged me.  "Hey, what are you doing?"  I yelled and tried to shove him off of me.  Then I looked around in hopes that no one was watching, but to my surprise I found that the night club was empty.  I was still in a little daze, and concerned with G-Dragon's behavior, but soon he explained everything.

"TaeYang, it's 3:00am...you've been you for three hours....I- I thought you weren't going to wake up"  he pouted.

"I fine--I'm fine" I reassured him, "Now get off me!"

"Man...what a day!"  He sighed, "I can't believe he just came right up to you and punched you"  he was shaking his head, and somehow he looked more than a year older than me.

"Mmhh"  I cringed at the remembrance of last night.  "Geun Young!"  I stated, thinking out loud.  "Gosh, now she's never going to want to see me again"  I angrily pounded my fists on the ground.

"We'll figure something out,"  G-Dragon smiled.  "But first you need to rest, let me drive you back to your dorm,"  he offered.

"Thanks..."  I accepted.  "Oh, but first go bring me some of Geun Young's stationary and a pen"

"What for?!"

"Just do it!"

When he came back with the supplies and his care keys I quickly scribbeled a message onto it for Geun Young.

When you feel worn out by this cold, cold world
Please hang in there until you find me


The note didn't really make sense, but it was what I was feeling at the moment, and what I'm  sure she needs to hear right now.

"Give this to her as soon as possible,"  G-Dragon nodded and put the note away, "Alright, I'm ready to go".

"Great,"  But my legs felt like jello so he supported me all the way to his car.  Again, we were silent and had this understanding about what was going on.  I really need to think about what to do next.  With what happened tonight, my next move might be my last.

 



© 2009 Lucia


Author's Note

Lucia
Hope your enjoying it. Only one more chapter to go.
Please Comment >_< I'd love to hear what your thinking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i AM enjoying it~ but omigosh!!!! i feel so bad for her! how can that jerk of a "boyfriend" do that to her? and poor TaeYang... after all the happiness he's had with her and then he gets punched in the face... but writing wise, it was great. the description and detail were amazing, as usual. i could almost feel myself get punched in the nose... lol

but oh.. only one more chapter.. i'll be sad when it's over, but at least i dont have to wait in suspense to read the next part! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is amazing. i love it!!!! you have to write more i just hate cliffhangers, but that boyfriend how could he do that to her, and poor taaeYang, he got punched, but this is still amazing. the description and details to this writing are just just amazing, i can't wait to read more

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i AM enjoying it~ but omigosh!!!! i feel so bad for her! how can that jerk of a "boyfriend" do that to her? and poor TaeYang... after all the happiness he's had with her and then he gets punched in the face... but writing wise, it was great. the description and detail were amazing, as usual. i could almost feel myself get punched in the nose... lol

but oh.. only one more chapter.. i'll be sad when it's over, but at least i dont have to wait in suspense to read the next part! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2009


Author

Lucia
Lucia

Candyland, OH



About
Hello, Lucia here! I'm a girl, sixteen years old, and an (almost Junior) in high school. I am also the youngest in my family... ... Many things I enjoy are writing (obviously), reading, listening .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Happiness Happiness

A Poem by Lucia