Chapter 3 - My Promise

Chapter 3 - My Promise

A Chapter by Lucia

Chapter 3 - My Promise

"A note form G-Dragon?"  I look up puzzled at the bartender.  He's the same one from before, and I feel guilty that I still can't remember his name.  But something isn't right here.  G-Dragon has a cell phone, so why would he write me a note?

"Yes"  he hands me the note and I automatically look it over.  I can clearly see that it was torn out of a notebook and crumpled up.  Also, his hand writing is very sloppy, which is unusual for him, so I can assume he wrote it in a hurry.  It read:  Come Now, Hurry!

I jolted out of my seat causing it to be roughly knocked over, and I sped past people showing anyone down that was it my way.  I couldn't think...this wasn't supposed to happen so soon.  It's only been a week.

That's right, it's been a week since G-Dragon and I came up with a plan to catch Geun Young's "boyfriend" in action.  We needed prove, and this note told me that G-Dragon had found.  I just wonder to what extent did he go to, to get it?

I flew past trees and house, a swirl of green filling the corner of my eyes.  I couldn't tell you what direction I was going, or even if I was in the street or on the side walk.  I let my heart be the compass that will bring me to Geun Young.  

I run and run and run searching for you
You become only farther and farther away


I knew this moment would come and I can already taste the justice on my tongue. No girl deserves to be treated the way that boy treats her, and this will all be over today.  I'm not sure if I even remember what it was like to having feeling in my legs.  They unconditionally burn with eagerness to arrive before it's too late.  My head is pounding and beads of sweat gather and are propelled past me from the nape of my neck.  But when I look up at the calm, blue sky, I am reminded of Geum Young and the way I felt the day I met her.

Day and night, high and low
Beyond the blue sky
I shout for you


There it is!  My destination is only a block away and I am sure of that.  I can see the flashing lights of two ambulances and a crowd of people gathering around them.  Police already have their guns ready and are trying to keep everyone calm.  But still the screams grow louder, filling my head with nerving thoughts.  Why do I always assume the worst?

I have reached the crowd and still I am not slowing down.  I swiftly zig-zag though people left and right until I reach the first ambulance.

"Hey kid you can't be back here!"  A police man grabs my arm and tries to throw me back with the crowd but I first catch a glance of the person on the stretcher.  It's G-Dragon!  My heart drops looking at how beaten up he is.

"That's my brother!!!"  lied, and as tears form at my eyes.  The police man must have felt sorry for me because he let me go.

"G-D, G-D, talk to me!"  I scream, tears flying everywhere.  I look him up and down, seeing bruises and gashes along his whole body.  He may be older than me, but he's smaller, and definitely not a fighter.

"brother.."  he scoffs, but it turns into a coughing fit.  Even when he's hurt he can crack a joke.  But I can't take watching him this hurt because of me.

I lean closer and try to catch my breath, "Are you ok?" I finally say though tears and gasps of air.

"Oh I'm fine.  But look at you, your a mess!" he laughs, "You better go clean up before you see Geun Young"  I laugh along with him until his face becomes serious again.  "I've got the evidence.  Were golden, brother"  he hands me a video camera with shaky hands.

I take it, unable to say anything.  At that moment I considered him my brother.  What he had did for me...for Geun Young, was incredible.

"Don't make so much noise, there is no need to thank me"  he says sarcastically and I can't help but cry more.  I try wiping away my tears, but it's no use.  There are just too many of them.  "What are you doing standing her and crying like a baby!  Go to her!" he shakes my hand and though he is weak, he does his best to push me towards the other ambulance.

As I walk my feet become very unsteady.  "I'm riding with her"  I point to Geun Young, who is already attached to IV's and other various machines.  She even has a clear mask to help her breath.  And I've never wanted to hug her more.

"Fine, get in.  Now let's go!"  He yells and the doors close.  Almost instantly the vehicle speeds off and I am flung against the wall.  I feel weaker and weaker but still I stumble to the side of her bed.  And just before my lights go out, Geun Young opens her eyes.  For that quick moment, she saw me.  and I knew that all my efforts were worth it.
.
.
.
.
.
"Let me break this down!"  I was so angry that they wouldn't let me in, but this door wouldn't stop me.  Nothing would.

"You need to calm down sir.  She's be all right, but she did loose a lot of blood, which is never good.  Right now the doctor is giving her a blood transfusion."  a nurse reported to me, "Then you can see her.  He pushed me into a seat and continuously told me to relax and keep my voice down.

"and G-Dragon?"  my voice cracked, I  was already soar from yelling so much.

"He Doesn't need immediate attention.  Just beaten up badly...some pain medicine will do."  I could tell my down that see was irritated, but I didn't care.  The two people I care most about were injured and what did she want me to do...relax!  Yeah right!

"Thanks" I try being polite, but she just clicks her heals and walks away.  I really start to feel exhausted and as I look up at the red light, which means an emergency operation was taking place, I can't take it anymore.  Maybe I do need to relax, I mean I already fainted once today.  But I wouldn't let the doctors examine me... I didn't need that.  And besides, I wanted every one putting all there efforts into helping Geun Young and G-Dragon.

I stick my hands in my pocket to find that my i-pod is there.  I smile, because I'm in luck.  Music is the only thing that can calm me down, especially in a situation like this.  I turn it on and BigBang's "Haru Haru" is playing loud and clear.  This is G-Dragon's favorite band, and I'm pretty sure he wishes that he was in it.

You may be listening to this song somewhere

The red light turns of and I quickly stumble to turn off my I-pod.  Moments later I watch Geun Young being wheeled out and into another room.  I follow closely behind, until they reach the other room and a nurse stops me.

"She needs to rest.  Are you even family?"  he impatiently asks me.

I quickly come up with a lie, "Of course!  I'm her....cousin."   I can tell the nurse doesn't buy it, but she lets me in anyways.  I step into the room and close the door behind me.  The room is small and has a particular white glow about it.  It is very clean and plain, but I guess that's what most hospital rooms look like.

I reach her bed and the sight of her takes my breath away.  She looks so pale and weak that it's just sad.  I still see make-up cover bruise and a handful of fresh cuts and gashes.  Who would do such a thing?  Even with all these cuts and bruises she is still incredibly beautiful.  And somehow her hair look perfect, like today's tragedies haven't touched her.  

I kneel down and watch as her eye lids tighten...she is waking.  I smile, but as soon as she sees me she starts to cry.  "W-what's wrong?  Are you in pain?"  I look at the machines, trying to see in any of her numbers are off, but she grabs me hand.  Her grab is tighter than I imagined would come from her.

"I feel no pain when I look at you"  she smiles, and I take her other hand.

Taking a seat on the side of her bed with extra room, I look into her eyes.  I don't know what came over me, but I said what I have wanted to say since the first day I met her, "Let me promise you now.  You where meant for me, so I'll be there for you."  

"You say the most beautiful things,"  I wipe her tears away, and she looks at me, content.  The longing look in her eye made me know exactly what she was thinking.  Was I going to ask her to be my friend or my girlfriend?  I thought long and hard, remembering all that we had been though up until this very moment.  It felt right..we felt right.  And I chose...

 



© 2009 Lucia


Author's Note

Lucia
Ohhh...cliffhanger! haha ~ hope your excited because there is a sequel coming!
Any Comment will do ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ARG! not a cliffhanger! but nevertheless, wonderfully well-done! the characterization is great, detail impeccable, descriptions are good too... plus the wording you used was simply beautiful. i love this story, and whenever i listen to this song i'll think of him sitting next to her on the hospital bed...

yay sequel! i can't wait. you better write it soon!!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ARG! not a cliffhanger! but nevertheless, wonderfully well-done! the characterization is great, detail impeccable, descriptions are good too... plus the wording you used was simply beautiful. i love this story, and whenever i listen to this song i'll think of him sitting next to her on the hospital bed...

yay sequel! i can't wait. you better write it soon!!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 30, 2009


Author

Lucia
Lucia

Candyland, OH



About
Hello, Lucia here! I'm a girl, sixteen years old, and an (almost Junior) in high school. I am also the youngest in my family... ... Many things I enjoy are writing (obviously), reading, listening .. more..

Writing