The Consuming Darkness

The Consuming Darkness

A Story by Lovely_Tradgity
"

I wrote this short story in school one day when I wasn't feeling good about myself. It captures the emotions I was feeling and describes them as the darkness.

"

It’s dark; so dark. The darkness is all I’ve ever known. It’s my guide, my enemy, and my demise.  It consumes my soul, my very being, with razor sharp claws it tears my consciousness to shreds and shatters my sanity utterly and completely. Its breath I can feel hot on my neck. The darkness whispers.

The nightmares. I never know if they’re real or fake. The sounds, the voices, I scream into the darkness until my throat is raw. Is it really my scream? I never really know. Am I hopelessly alone? Yes, the answer whispers to me and I believe it.

In the never-ending depths of this black, sightless, darkness lie my emotions.  Only three horrid emotions I have been allowed to feel and had ever known. Fear; fear of the darkness, fear of dying, fear of living. Fear.

Depression, sadness, the piercing, stabbing feeling of the heart breaking…shattering. The endless fall of tears run down my cheeks and wet my hair and neck. My frail body shakes with sobs that never seem to end as well. One would think I would run out of tears but not in this wretched place. My head bows and I cannot hold the burden much longer. I can’t.

Solitude. I’ve never known another soul. Not a caring soul. No one hears me crying in the night, the eternal night. No one hears the screams of a tattered and tortured soul. Only the cold darkness comes to greet me when I dare to reach out. But it does not bring comfort.  Oh no, it does not.

The darkness slowly, very slowly, squeezes my heart, suffocating me. It hurts, so much. The pain…it is too much. Please help me! But no one comes.  There is so savior of this being I once called myself. I am alone.

© 2013 Lovely_Tradgity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes dark is so white and we have to wait for the miraculous light which makes us travel far beyond our sight.
P.S: Expressed beyond the realm of darkness itself. WOW

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013

Author

Lovely_Tradgity
Lovely_Tradgity

PA



About
Just a girl who's passion and escape lays in her writing and singing.... more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lovely_Tradgity