Its Easier to hate opposed to love

Its Easier to hate opposed to love

A Poem by Lovelysongs

Why is it easier to say
"I hate you"
opposed to 
"I love you"?
Why do you want my love so bad,
but deep down,
you hate me?
Why is it easy for me to lie and say,
I love you?
But,
Why is it easier to tell the truth and say
I hate you?
Could it be that,
my true feelings were shinning through?
Why is it easier to hate opposed to love?
I'm Afraid I don't have an answer,
maybe you do,
But I doubt it,
Why is it easier to hate opposed to love?

© 2010 Lovelysongs


Author's Note

Lovelysongs
what do you think about the true feelings i am expressing?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely calm and powerful with emotions.Absolutely beutiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very powerful and speeks the truth

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful, kind of the classic I-hate-that-I-love-you relationship, I think, and it can always be harder to love than to hate, that's so true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good I liked this a lot...Very good descriptions...And it's true...It's easier to hate then to learn how to love...But it goes like this...All is fair in love in war...Very nice poem I liked it a lot...Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's just easier to hate! Why i don't know. Love is alot easier, but there are always reasons to hate. I guess people like to focus on the bad instead of the good. In th elong run Love is alot better and feels so much better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


For me it's a lot easier to hate than to love as well. But hate is like drinking poison and waiting for the OTHER person to die, maybe that's why it's easier though?
Because saying 'I love you' means your responsible and willing to put time and effort into a relationship, which to be honest, who wants to do?
I mean we live in a generation where satisfaction is immediate or not at all, maybe that's why saying 'I love you' is so darn hard.
But.. I'll tell you the truth, once you DO say it, you realize that all of the weights of doubt that were sitting on your heart dissolve into romantic and mushy thoughts, leaving us with nothing to fall back on if we fall out of love.
That's why saying 'I hate you' is so much easier, because once you say it it's final, there's nothing that comes after but a bunch of angry and unforgiving thoughts, and you know that after saying it that you can always go running back to that person, saying your sorry, because who doesn't want to hear I'm sorry after hearing I hate you?
Well, I was full on rambling haha, sorry about that.
Let me put this is short and simple terms for you and whom ever else reads this...
When you say 'I hate you' It's a statement, but when you say 'I love you' it's a commitment, one that is not taken lightly so often.
Regarding your piece, I enjoyed reading it, it was simple and really made me think, which by your note I can tell is what you wanted to do, gorgeous write.
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010

Author

Lovelysongs
Lovelysongs

don't give a care, MA



About
Hello there, my Name is Paige. I am 13, and i am in 8th grade. I am a loving, carefree person who enjoys to write about my feelings about others. I like to write anything. I enjoy art. more..

Writing
New Love New Love

A Poem by Lovelysongs


Oreo Oreo

A Story by Lovelysongs



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Manda