Chapter 4;

Chapter 4;

A Chapter by CatOfOrion
"

From an unknown person's point of view.

"
The figure continued on with exhausted, heavy steps, crushing the century old bones beneath their feet to bits and pieces. A grumble came from a darker part of the forest, a part littered with jagged stone and smooth, marble boulders charred by some sort of force. The silhouetted person paused, squinting at the stone and coming to the conclusion that first came to mind.

Fire breather. Dragon.

A chuckle erupted from the darkness, sounding like a storm had just rolled through with its thunderous tone. Stepping from the abyss of darkness, came a metallic dragon, its silver scales shining like bright diamonds in the moonlight. Its red hues locked onto the stranger. Smiling, it showcased its sharp-toothed grin that proved that those jaws could only bring death.

"My my, and just as I was getting a hunger." The deep growl rumbled through the night air.

They took a few steps back, away from the threat, while their hand fled to the hilt of their curved sword blades in case they needed to be used at short notice.

The dragon noticed immediately, and again, the thunder erupted.
"Mere swords what slay me, mortal." It cocked its head to the side, seemingly in though. And it mused aloud for the sake of conversation, strange as it sounded. Speaking with food.
"Reikon decided to be encased for a time, and a long time that has become. No sign of that seal breaking. But what..could make him want to stay around, I wonder." The head of the dragon did a twist, 180 degrees so its red eyes now shown brightly from where its toothy grin once was and vice versa.

"Mortal, amuse these wonders of mine, hn?"

A pain stricken scream broke through the quiet air, interrupting an owl's coo to the moon, and stopped all travelers in their tracks.


© 2012 CatOfOrion


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on November 1, 2012
Last Updated on November 1, 2012


Author

CatOfOrion
CatOfOrion

Where Mind Meets Matter, MI



About
Dear Stranger, My name is Cat, and "I want to find the future." I no longer have a map to find my way on my journey. Despite that, I still walk on. I obsess over the sky, am in love with the stars,.. more..

Writing
Spiral Spiral

A Poem by CatOfOrion


Lost Lost

A Poem by CatOfOrion