S and L

S and L

A Story by Andrea Parks
"

Sammy was an average high school girl. She has friends, she was a straight a student, she was pretty. She was everything a guy would want. Luke was a jock, he was popular, he was hot, he was the woman

"
Chapter 1

S & L

Written by : Queen of Hearts 

© Copy Righted 2013 at VanAnhKieu 


        Summer has always been fun, well, used to be fun. It has always been S & L. Samantha and Lucas against the whole world. It was the two crazy best friends, who always had each other's back. They were neighbors,  he would climb through her window to wake her up in the middle of the night forcing her to talk to him because he couldn't sleep. Those nights, they would always fall asleep in his bedroom. But it wasn't like that anymore. It was Sammy, Luke and his new girlfriend,


Angeline. 

"Ms Hastings!" It was her last name. The brown haired boy
 from the window across from her room was yelling on top of his lungs. The curtains to her bedroom was open, letting the sun shine bright into her dark bed. The girl was sound asleep, she was cuddling her big teddy bear she had since she was 3. Her hand was under the soft white pillow that she rested her head on, her other hand, gripping onto the blanket. She murmured a few words that no one could hear and turned to her left side, facing her back to the sun rays. 


The  boy from across her window chuckled, he loved seeing her sleep. She was more peaceful and was quiet when she sleeps. He thought of her as his little sister, his little buddy who always tagged along by his side. The girl who would refuse to join his pranks but ending up being the pranker because she couldn't bare studying and seeing him have fun. He thought of her, as a girl who would always lend him her homework but would never let him cheat on a test. She was his sidekick, and she will always be. Never did he know, she thought of him different. To her, he was the only boy she wanted, and could not have. 

He called again, 


"Sam!" He cupped his mouth with both his hands and shouted. This time, the girl shifted a little in her small bed. She was a deep sleeper, and he knew that the day he moved here. The day they met, he caught her writing into her diary and was laughing at it, he made her cry by snatching it from her hands and reading it. A diary of an 8 year old girl was nothing, compared to how she slapped him. Her small red hand print was tatooed on his face, making his parents worried that day. And from that day on, they became friends, and none of them really realized it. 


She still didn't move from her bed as he let out a loud sigh. He climbed though his big window, wearing his jersey with WestCoast Academy written across his chest. Extending his hands to reach the bars on her balcony, he made it to her bedroom. 

He barged into her room, knowing she left the balcon
y door open for a reason. 


"Sammy! Wake up! Its your first day at school!" He yelled into her ear and yanked her blankets away from her, making her groan from the cold. She was wearing a black over-sized sweater with her pyjama bottoms. That was one thing he liked about her, she wasn't like the girls he dated. Who would think pj's are for kids. He smiled as he saw it was the sweater he bought her at camp. 


"Go away Luke. Its Monday." Sammy grumbled. She hated Mondays, scratch that, everyone hates Mondays. Luke, the brown haired boy settled himself on her bed, sitting ever so carefully so she didn't sense his weight on her bed. He began outstretching his arms and tickling her to no end. Her stomach, her neck, her foot, his fingers were roaming, poking and scratching, making her wriggle and squirm out of his reach. He kept tickling her until she screamed in surrender. 

"Okay! Stop! Stop! I'll get up!" She yelled. Her parents were quite used to the screaming. They knew it was no other but Luke and did nothing to stop it to Sammy's dismay. 

He started laughing at her while she rolled out of her bed, not before throwing her pillow in his way, which he dodged. 

"You're gonna have to be faster than that to get me, -" He couldn't finish his sentence as another pillow was thrown his way, w
hich hit him square in the face. It was Sammy's turn to laugh. 


Before he could send something harder than a pillow her way, she hid behind the bathroom door, locking it carefully and sliding down, collapsing onto the ground. Bringing her knees up to her chest, she sat there, thinking about how she will always just be 'his sister from another mother'

"Chop chop Sam! Quick, we have exactly 5 minutes before your mom goes rage!" He shouted from her bedroom and she instantly scrambled up to her legs and rushed to the sink. 

She smiled, while fixing her wavy, brown hair and brushing her teeth. She put on some eye-liner and that was it, wrapping a towel around herself, she headed into her bedroom.

"Turn around, pervert." She mumbled, and he turned, chuckling at her. She quickly dropped her towel, grabbing the tank top she set out yesterday and yanked it on. Same thing to the incredibly short shorts. 


"Hurry up, god. You girls take too long to put on some clothes." He groaned impatiently and she sighed. It was what she liked best about him, he could be annoying at times. 

"You never complained watching your girlfriend s-l-o-w-l-y put on her clothes..." He laughed as she looked at herself again in the mirror, tilting her head slightly to the side, making a cute affect. 

"Well, only if I could turn around..."He let the sentence hang and she knew exactly what he meant. Turning around, she hit him upside the head, making him shot his hands up to cover his head. She smirked. 

"Ow, you're so violent Sammy!" He whined in pain and Samantha smirked towards the mirror. "You're never going to get a boyfriend." He faked being mad at her. Which earned him a laugh. She was hard to stay mad at. 

Grabbing her Marc Jacobs bag, they left the room and went downstairs where her family was all waiting at the table. She smiled as he slung an arm over her shoulder 
and greeted her family. 


"Mr and Mrs Hastings!" He happily greeted, and her dad lowered his newspaper to say good morning back. Her mum, who was making an extra plate of bacons for him, kept on going about how he should call her Ashley, her first name. 

" 'Sup pumpkin?" He ruffled her 6 years old brother's hair as the boy smiled back at him. He was always welcomed here. Samantha grabbed her brown lunch bag and gave Luke one too, which he happily took. They sat down on the sofa in the living room and began finishing up their bacons. 






Lucas and Sammy walked to school, like they always do, when a car drove by, it was Luke's girlfriend and a couple of the other guys, including Jake and Harry. Jake and Harry used to tease Sammy when she was little, they used to scare her away with the caterpillars, saying if she is scared of these insects, she can't play with them. Sammy eventually got over the fear for worms and caterpillar, it was when their friendships bloomed. They became closer and closer, just like she did with Lucas. 

"Hey! Want a ride?" It was Angeline, glaring at Sammy with such hatred it could burn her clothes. Sammy waved hello to the boys as they gestured her to come in. Much to their dismay, she refused. 

"Come on, Sam. Stop being so difficult." Harry whined as he flung his arm in the air, exagerating it. At the corner of her eye, she could see Angeline kissing Luke. It was nearly heartbreaking just to watch him look into her eyes like she was an angel. She silently wished he would look at her that way. 

"I have to go to Spencer's house." Sammy lied, Spencer was probably at school by now. She was always early, claiming she wanted to read before class starts. 

"Guys, give her a break. The girl wants to walk." Angeline purred as Sammy glared at her. She then switched into smiling, nodding at what the b***h said. The car finally drove off. Leaving her alone on the road. 

"Luv ya! Bye!" Lucas shouted to her, leaving her mouth hanging. If only he knew what that really mean to her. She was in love with him, and yet he thought of her as a cute sister. She wanted to be the girl kissing him, she wanted to be the girl who he would smile everytime he sees her. She wants to be his girlfriend.

Love is such sweet sorrow. 



© 2013 Andrea Parks


Author's Note

Andrea Parks
thanks for reading. Follow, comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 14, 2013
Tags: Sammy, luke, teenagers, love, romance, highschool

Author

Andrea Parks
Andrea Parks

Ho Chi Minh , Vietnam



About
Lol, does anyone ever read these? Well, since its an about me, imma start with, I LOVE: Baseball, volleyball, my friends, Stefan Salvatore, food, Danny Swchars, Victoria Secret more..