I Want...

I Want...

A Poem by Lowesy

I want to live,

Live everyday at its fullest.

I want to have friends,

Who I can laugh and joke with.

I want to build

A life that’s meaningful to me.

I want to swim

In all of the earth’s wonderful seas.

I want to run

Across meadows and the African plains.

I want to fly

To the outer reaches of space.

I want to climb

Up where the air is lean.

I want to write,

Make every emotion real.

I want to be

All that I can be,

But mostly I want to love,

And for someone to love me.

© 2012 Lowesy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice projection of dreams and desire, but in my personal opinion (which I don't think is all wise and great just one artist to another) I think you should add some metaphors and exaggeration to add more of a poetic touch to it, add some symbolism to get rid of the blunt statements. I love the expression but dig a little deeper and express it a bit more suspenseful. Just one artist to another. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Too sweet for words! This is just lovely. A positive outlook does wonders for the soul.
I enjoyed the exuberant emotion in this piece. Nice work! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I want everything thats in that poem. lol! Great writing. Love the desire to want.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
I really like the repitition and form of them poem, and what dreams and wishes you have for your life. I want all the same things... Really good job! I love the last few lines as well..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the repetitions. The poem really manages to convey the basic desires of most people. The beginning creates an affinity, a desire, and the end creates finality. Good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love... Ah! Sweet misery and euphoria. An emotion desired by some, discarded by others, but within the emotion many others reside. Believe me when I say that you ARE loved. Take a look around at the people in your life and even through heartbreak and upsets there is always one that you can say has truly loved you even if you haven't discovered it yet.
I love the I want... To empower the soul is to know what the heart wants. Dream on my friend and make your own path.

Posted 11 Years Ago


My favorite lines were the last four

"I want to be

All that I can be,

But mostly I want to love,

And for someone to love me."

It reminds me of Anabel Lee, by Edgar Allan Poe. He is by far my favorite author, and I think this poem reflects the same theme- The heart's desire. Those last four lines, though, are every person's wish. Whether they'd like to admit it or not, in some way, we all need to be loved. We all want to love.

The poem was very well written, and even if for only those last four lines, very beautiful. I liked it. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


tall words, surely

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was well penned and inspiring. We should all dream big and never stop chasing your dream. Great write, thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A well-penned way to express the heart's desires. I like this poem for its simplicity, and yet for the deeper ideas it brings to mind, as can be seen in all your reviews. Ending it with love was beautiful, especially since you added an additional line, emphasizing its importance. Aside from that, "I want to fly," was my favorite. It has an "I'm not afraid to dream big" air. Plus that would be awesome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yer I think we all have our wants, but I think a lot of us already have what we want but cant see the tree s for the woods. I love this poem, across meadows and African plains, the flow is brillaint, but I think theres lots of unseen freedom in it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

956 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012
Tags: Love, Want, I, Me, Life

Author

Lowesy
Lowesy

United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFailedMusicians?feature=mhee www.twitter.com/authorlowes I'm back with avengance! Read, Review.....something else that begins with 'R' RR's are on for now but .. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Poem by Lowesy


Jack Jack

A Poem by Lowesy


She She

A Poem by Lowesy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic