I Want...

I Want...

A Poem by Lowesy

I want to live,

Live everyday at its fullest.

I want to have friends,

Who I can laugh and joke with.

I want to build

A life that’s meaningful to me.

I want to swim

In all of the earth’s wonderful seas.

I want to run

Across meadows and the African plains.

I want to fly

To the outer reaches of space.

I want to climb

Up where the air is lean.

I want to write,

Make every emotion real.

I want to be

All that I can be,

But mostly I want to love,

And for someone to love me.

© 2012 Lowesy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice projection of dreams and desire, but in my personal opinion (which I don't think is all wise and great just one artist to another) I think you should add some metaphors and exaggeration to add more of a poetic touch to it, add some symbolism to get rid of the blunt statements. I love the expression but dig a little deeper and express it a bit more suspenseful. Just one artist to another. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very nice piece. it definitely captures all of your desires. I like that you ended the poem with love. Although all of your dreams and passions are extremely important and i hope you can fulfill them, love is one of the most fulfilling emotions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice projection of dreams and desire, but in my personal opinion (which I don't think is all wise and great just one artist to another) I think you should add some metaphors and exaggeration to add more of a poetic touch to it, add some symbolism to get rid of the blunt statements. I love the expression but dig a little deeper and express it a bit more suspenseful. Just one artist to another. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful work with a nice covering at the end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The flow is really nice in this piece; I think it gives it as a whole a quality of many different aspects of true happiness and desire.
I found it interesting how you used "African plains" as well because well, why African plains? Maybe the expanse, the originality of the land, its purity, possibility.
Well, this is a true wish of most of us here. We have to work toward it always, though. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well, we all have our wants, now what are we ging to do about it. I was always told if you want something bad enough you'll go out and find it, earn it, and make it your own. Sometimes we discover what we want isn't really what we wanted after all. Life's funny that way. Love...well, that's an animal of a different color. It's tricky, and changes always. In love one has to choose carefully. I chose unwisely and paid for my mistake. Good write and GOOD LUCK.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Desire is the path to despair, my friend. Want to much, and you will only be left with disappointment. Never allow anything to make you happy. Extra things and people can make you happier, gleeful, stoked, etc. But when all else is gone, be happy with you first.
Still a nice poem.
'Captain

Posted 12 Years Ago


oooh, so sweet! i'm jelous!!!!! :) such talent i will never have! not your usual, eh, Mark? surprised me on this one. This is going in my favs, man!

100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hey! I really like this poem. On short lines you carry clear images of places and activities. It's really cool the way you alternate between the location and the action, such as 'run--across meadows' and 'climb--where the air is lean'. The phrases are so clear and easy to follow. There's nothing wrong with simple, easy-to-understand statements. It works for me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice flow of thoughts and desires in the poem. We need what you wanted and love is the thing that make us want life and create hope. I enjoyed the flow of thoughts and the very good ending. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I Want........... Love it!
Simple & straight to the point=D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

956 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2012
Last Updated on April 15, 2012
Tags: Love, Want, I, Me, Life

Author

Lowesy
Lowesy

United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFailedMusicians?feature=mhee www.twitter.com/authorlowes I'm back with avengance! Read, Review.....something else that begins with 'R' RR's are on for now but .. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Poem by Lowesy


Jack Jack

A Poem by Lowesy


She She

A Poem by Lowesy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT