Chapter 1 - The Meet

Chapter 1 - The Meet

A Chapter by Tyler and Lozza

   You never know when love comes around, but when it does... life begins to have some meaning and purpose. No one knows what it is like to be loved until the one you love is within your reach. When you reach for the one you love they will reach too, and when you reach one another... your life changes forever.

~~


   I was sitting there, at my graffiti covered desk, in my so called school on a seemingly endless, overlong normal day. The teacher had nearly bored me to death with her spiritless, blasé of a voice coming out of her staggeringly awful, pink stained lips of hers. Then, all of a sudden in the middle of her ever so interesting history lesson of the civil war, my head teacher struts in through the classroom door. Now, normally we NEVER see our head teacher around the school. He normally comes out of his office on special days and parents evening and as I said, it was a perfectly normal day.

 

   Anyway, he had asked me and my best friend, Blossom, to come with him to his office. I was pretty confused. Quickly, I whipped my head round to look over to the other side of the room at Blossom. She gave me 'The look'. The look that says, 'What's this about?” She was as flummoxed as I was!

 

   Slowly, we stood up and made our way out of the classroom not knowing what lay ahead of us. We followed him till we reached his office, he lead us in and told us to sit on the two, red chairs by the washed out wall opposite his desk. Both Blossom and I sat down holding hands; we didn't know what was happening. Were we in trouble? Has something happened? Sir sat at his desk in his big, brown leather chair. Blossoms sparkling, auburn eyes were wandering around the room, yet I couldn't peel my eyes away from Sir. He was beaming a smile, at me? Not at Blossom, but at me. I swiftly moved my eyes away and let them dance around the room a bit like Blossom did.

 

   Something suddenly caught my eye. An old Victorian oil painting with a delicately painted gold frame with the most beautifully, intricate handcrafted patterns, hanging on the wall above the slow burning woodstove fire. The picture looked like nothing I have ever seen before in my whole life. It seemed to touch my heart. Before I could fully engross myself in the picture, there was a thundering knock at the door which made us all jump out of our skin.

   "Come in!" shouted the head teacher in a jolly tone. At this point I was totally confused. I looked over at the now wide open door to find a drop dead gorgeous boy, around my age, standing there before me. He ruffled his short, spiky hair. It was as black as sin. My eyes were drawn to his eyes; they were as green as a thousand crushed emeralds. They seemed to be gazing into mine. He stared at me like you would an old lover. He looked like he knew me, and I felt I knew him too. This connection I had with this mysterious boy made my head spin. Who was he?

   After a few restless seconds Blossom finally spoke “What the HELL is going on Jade? Who is this boy? Why is he here? Why are we here? What is going on Jade?” She just kept spitting out these questions like word vomit, so I let her rant on as my eyes just wouldn’t tear away from this beautiful, pulchritudinous person. He was, heavenly. But when Sir spoke, his words had my full attention.

   “Toby has come to collect Jade. He has something important to show her but the thing is...” Sir seemed to look at Toby for some help.

   “You might be a long time, Jade. We have found your parents and they live in America, Alaska in fact and it might take a while for them to except you again.” Toby sounded confident as if he had practised the speech before he came into the room. 

   “Wait a second,” I yelled which made Blossom jump out of her skin again, “You found my parents!? You want me to travel to America with this boy who is no older then I am?! And then say I might not come back for a long time! What about my parents too? Are you going to force me to live with them or something? I can’t understand why this is happening. I don’t want to go. No, I won’t go. I do not care what you say to persuade me. I will not go!” 

   “After all that Jade has been through, you put her through this s**t too!” Blossom shouted just after I finished. She made no impact. I could feel the heat of anger rush through my body. My eyes stayed on Toby’s and his on mine. It looked like he was looking through my eyes into my heart. I felt a connection, and I couldn’t put my finger on it. I wanted to look away, but my eyes would not shift. Suddenly, I thought of a way of getting out of this mess and seeing my parents who abandoned me all those years ago.

   “So, Toby,” I said in a flirty, coy tone as I slowly raised myself off the chair and wandered towards him. “Why have you come to get me and not my social worker then? And if you are the same age as me, how can I trust you? How can I trust you didn’t just look into my folder and find out everything about me? How can I trust that you are telling me the truth and just not trying to get me out of this s**t hole of a school? Tell me then” I stopped just a few feet in front of him. I was staring up at him and the whole time our eyes have been locked. “Go on, Tell me.” I just couldn’t look away. Finally he spoke.

   “I am Steve’s son, your social worker Steve? He asked me to come and collect you for him today and I will take you to the airport to meet him.” He said matter of factually, yet I could hear the tiniest bit of flirt coming back at me. I felt like I could flirt with him all day, however I remembered Blossom and Sir were still in the room.

   “And where is Steve then Toby?” I asked ever so politely.

   “He is in a meeting at the moment with other social workers. If all goes to plan we will be flying off to Alaska tonight” Toby gave me a small corner smile which tugged one of my heart strings. I remember him from somewhere, I know it! Then, something made me think.

   “We?”

   “Yes. You, me and Steve.”

   “You’re coming too? And we’re going TONIGHT!? Bloody Hell!” I didn’t know if to sound angry or pleased. They haven’t given me enough time to think it over. I was pleased to be getting out of school, but did I really want to meet my parents who haven’t bothered to contact me? Do they even want to see me?

   “Yes, I lost my mother years ago. My father, well Steve, and I are sort of… inseparable” Sluggishly, he turned his head away and our eyes finally unlocked. I felt invisible, deserted and broken. What had come over me? I wanted to hug this boy, not to comfort him but just so I could be in his strong, masculine arms. It was all just a maze, why did I want all of this? My emotions were on a roller coaster of a ride. My head was spinning.

   “I know what that feels like” I wanted to hide away and cry, hide in a corner in a dark room and just cry me a heartbroken river.

   “So, Toby is going to take Jade away today, I’m going to be on my own? Pretending she's beside me? And I deserve this because?” Blossom was just worried again but I turned to face her and she had tears streaming down her flushed face. I wanted to run over to her to comfort her, but she ran out of the room before I could even take a single step. I watched her sprit down the hall before the door clamped shut. it was only me, Sir and Toby left in the room.

 

   There was silence.



© 2012 Tyler and Lozza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you, Share our story with Your friends :) - Tyler and Lozza x

Posted 13 Years Ago


good. better than anything ive done, all one page of it,!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

800 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 6, 2012


Author

Tyler and Lozza
Tyler and Lozza

Portsmouth :D, United Kingdom



About
Oh My Giddy Aunt!!! We Got asked if we wanted a book published internationally and it isn't even finished yet, but we had to say no as it was a 'tad' to £ :( but we have another publisher at our.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tyler and Lozza