Melody Six

Melody Six

A Chapter by Spade

 I woke up with a start. Reaching for my phone, I realized it was over on the opposite side of the room where my bed was. Then I remembered everything.
 I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Posh was still next to me, but where was Rina?
 I stretched and yawned. Yesterday was one hell of a day. I almost forgot we has another day off. After all, it was Sunday.
 I wondered if they had church here. Maybe that's where Rina went?
 Wait. Why am I thinking about her? I need to get a grip, and fast.
 I looked up at the clock. 12:30? No wonder Rina was MIA; I slept for almost 12 hours!
 But it still would've been nice if she left me a note.
 I hopped out of bed and brushed my teeth. What was I going to wear with my new uniform today? Being the girl I am, I was giddy at all the possibilities.
 I finished brushing and stepped into the closet. Should the sub-theme be green? Yellow?
 But in the end, I chose pale- baby blue to go with the plain white outfit. I wore mu white ballet flats, my blue leg warmers, and a blue fitted blazer with a white heart (represent!) broach to go with the plain white polo and skirt.
 I threw on some white heart earrings and a matching ring (to go with the broach!), let my hair hang loose, and put on a dab of mascara.  In a land of boring daisies, I am the blue butterfly that makes things beautiful.
 I'm ready to go.
 Just as I was about to step out of my room, I heard a knock at the door. I scrambled to get my phone and key then opened it.
 "Hi!" shrieked Mio. The only thing that stood out on her uniform was her hair, and that's only because it's purple.
 "Hey," I said. "Why so happy?"
 She giggled. "I'm always happy, you should know that by now! But I'm extra happy today because I heard that you were walking around with Kam yesterday while I was cleaning, and someone told me that you were making out with Hunter Brill! He is so hot! It's only your second day and-"
 "What?" I yelled.  I stepped out the room and locked the door. "We weren't making out! Who did you hear that from?"
 She blinked twice. "Well, I actually didn't hear it from anyone, it's been going around the school since this morning. What's the matter? Why are you frowning?"
 I put my head in my hands. Great. Just what I need; everyone thinking I'm a w***e who makes out with boys on their first day. "Mio, Hunter and I were not making out. He introduced himself to me, and kissed. my hand." I left out the part about him kissing my cheek. "That's all."
 She started walking to the elevator and I followed. "It doesn't surprise me that a lie spread so quickly about you. Everyone always thinks the pretty girl is a w***e. I can't believe someone would do that!"
 "You and me both," I grumbled. We boarded the elevator. "So what's everyone doing today?"
  Mio smiled. "It's a Sunday. People who didn't do their homework on Saturday, which is usually everyone, is doing it today." She looked me up and down. "Cute outfit, by the way. Love the blue!"
 "Thanks!" I beamed as we stepped out. "I'm in love with those All-Stars you've got on. Super kawaii!"
 We walked outside and a thought suddenly popped into my min. "Um, where are we going?"
 "We were gonna go get our nails done, but now I have a change of plans."
 What the hell? They have a nail salon here? "So, what are the change of plans?" I asked.
 "It's a secret."
 I pouted. "Please?"
 She poked my chubby cheek. "Nope."
 After about 10 minutes of walking, I realized we were in the Star area. Something clicked. "Hey, are we going to see Hunter?"
 She giggled. She seems to do that a lot. "Maybe..."
 I play-punched her arm. "Mio!"
 She full out laughed now. 'Okay, okay! We're going to see him. Even if you didn't make-out with him, he is still hot. And I also heard that he said you were cute."
 Me, cute? No way. More like unlovely. "If the first rumor was a lie, that one probably is, too. But you're right...he is hot." I laughed along with her.
 We stepped inside the Star Chamber, which was just like the Heart Chamber, only the shapes stars and the colors gold. Mio went to the elevator.
 I was reluctant to follow along. "Um, Mio, what will we say when we see him? And what if his roommate is there?"
 She pulled me inside. "Since there are only 3 boys, they each get their own room. And we're just going to say hello."
 Up, up, up we went. When we finally stopped she and I walked across the hallway to room 1-2-2. She knocked before I could convince her not to.
 "Hold on!" I heard Hunter's honeyed voice called out. Even his voice is hot.
 Within 30 seconds, he opened the door and smiled. He was wearing a white polo and white skinny jeans, with white shoes. I noticed a small diamond stud in his ear. "Oh, hey, guys," he said. "What's up?"
 Mio, who had been happy this whole time, started to cry all of the sudden. "Oh Hunter, you won't believe what happened! This whole school has been talking about Spade, and she's brand new! She's devastated!"
 Hunter himself looked devastated. "That is horrible. If there's one thing I don't like about this school, it's that everyone is always talking about everyone. You wanna talk, Spade?"
 "I, um, well-" Mio stepped on my foot. "Yes, I mean yeah, I would love to talk about it." What was going on?
 Hunter opened his door wider and let us in. When he was out of ear shot and eye shot, I whispered to Mio, "What the fu-?"
 She quickly shushed me. "Just play along!"
 Hunter closed the door behind him. "Sit anywhere you like. I know what it feels like to have everyone talk about you." I wondered what he meant by that.
 I studied the room around me. Posters of J-pop bands surrounded the room. Was he a singer?
 Sitting down in a chair next to Mio (because he was by himself, he has room for that!), I wondered what was about to happen. I hope nothing worse that what's happened already.
 "So, what were they saying about you, Spade?" Hunter inquired.
 I mumbled what they said.
 "What was that? I couldn't quite hear you..." He took my hand. "You can tell me anything, you know."
 I could feel my blush start. "Well...they were saying that yesterday you and I were making out. Not that that's a bad thing, because you are, um, very attractive, but..."
 "...You're afraid they'll think you're fast?" he finished for me.
 "Well, yeah..."
 He laughed. "Let me let you in on a little secret- As fast as your reputation falls here, you can build it up just as quickly. But if it makes you feel better, I can set the rumors straight. Alright?"
 I nodded. "Thank you."
 He lifted me up out of the chair. Mio, who had been sniffling the whole time, sat up. Acting must be her talent. "No problem. Well, seeing how that's taken care of, do you have anything else you want to talk about?"
 Mio grabbed my arm. "No. Thank you for making my friend and I better. 'Bye."
 I was pulled out the door. When we were in the elevator again, I screamed.
 "What?" Mio asked innocently.
 "What was all of that for? I wasn't even that sad!"
 She smiled. "I just did you a huge favor. Now, not only does Hunter want to be friendly with you and defend your reputation, he has the idea of kissing you stuck in his head!"
 I was lost. "How do you know?"
 "Because," she said. "He had no idea that there were rumors of you two making-out. Now that he knows, he'll be thinking about it. Things like, I wonder what it would be like to kiss her."
 "Oh..."
 "Yeah! Unless you don't like Hunter?"
 I cleared my throat. "It's not that I don't like him, it's just that I don't know him. And I think I like someone else, but I can't be sure..."
 We stepped out the Star Chamber and she pulled me in a corner. "Who? Who? Who?"
 I smiled. "Calm down, will you? And it's a secret."
 She pouted. "Why can't I know? I don't ever tell anyone's secrets. Like the time when Aska cheated on her boyfriend with-" she paused. "Well, that doesn't count. He was long distance anyway, so it's not like he could hear me. But tell me!"
 I laughed. "When I know for sure, I'll tell you."





 I think I'll take that color," I requested, pointing to a nude shade of nail polish. Mio and I (alongside some other girls who were whispering by us) were at the  nail salon. "With so many of the outfits I have, I think nude would go best with all of them."

 "Oh, oh, oh!" Mio gasped. "I want that shade of yellow! It's so sunny!" I glanced over at the color. It was pretty, but it was a bold yellow. I'm more of a pastel girl.
 The manicurists began putting the polish on our nails, the last step of the process. One of the two girls next to us looked over at me and kept whispering in her friend's ear.
 I couldn't help myself. "Well hello there, darlings! It's an easy Sunday morning, wouldn't you say?"
 Her and her friend smirked at each other. "I'm sorry, but we don't talk to hoes."
 "Well, that makes things a little awakward. You see, I don't talk to w****s, either." I looked pointedly at their outfits. With the too hiked up skirt, and too unbuttoned shirt, they looked like they were walking into a school girl fetish club. "But I guess today I made an exception." I smiled at them.
 The other girl, quiet so far, scoffed. "Says they girl who made-out with a boy on her first day."
 By now, the polish was on my nails. I sprayed some quick dry stuff on them. Turning to the girls, I spoke. "Listen here, dolls. I don't need to make out with a boy to spark his interest in me. My personality does all the work. But that would be a concept you'd never understand, right?"
 The girls sat there, mouths opened. I giggled. "Now girls, it's a Sunday! You're off duty," I walked up to them and snapped their mouths shut. "You can close your mouth. Gotta save that energy for tomorrow after hours." I winked. Mio and I got up to leave, but not before I saw the girls' nails. Blue with orange and white stripes. Ew.
 "Nice design," I commented. "Reminds me of a Frosted Flakes box." And then I exited the salon.
 I wonder what color Rina would've gotten.





© 2011 Spade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how Spade comes up with such great insults for the people who insult her! She's an entertaining character.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I so totally loved it! She sure slammed those girls at the nail salon! Great work! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: Melody Droplets


Author

Spade
Spade

Park Forest, IL



About
No words can describe me without being bleeped on television. :] more..

Writing
Blake Blake

A Poem by Spade


Melody One Melody One

A Chapter by Spade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Secrets Secrets

A Poem by ImagineItAll