Melody Seven

Melody Seven

A Chapter by Spade

Mio walked me back to my dorm at around 5:30. After we got our nails done, and I gave those girls something to really talk about, we kind of just dallied.
 I fumbled to find my key in my blazer pockets. Damnit, I really need to make a necklace for it, or something. Once I found it, I opened the door to room 399.
 My first instinct was to say hello and give Noa a hug. But that was before I fully processed what was happening.
 "Rina," I said slowly. "What in God's name are you doing?"
 Noa and her were in some complicated yoga-like move that involved Noa laying on the ground face up with her legs wrapped around Rina's neck. Rina was leaning toward her, an intent look on her face.
 She didn't look up from her position. "Warming up."
 "For what?"
 "For dance practice, that's what."
 I was stunned. With her, um, type of personality I would've pegged her to be an actress-in-training, not a dancer.
 Noa, obviously  in a tizzy of how she was positioned, darted her eyes to me. "Oh, h-hey Spade. Yeah, Rina and I sometimes do this before a practice."
 "Isn't there a studio for that?"
 Noa and Rina finally disassembled from their awkward embrace. About f*****g time. "Yes," Noa stated. "But it's always crowded, no matter what day of the week. Practicing with a friend in peace is way better."
 Why was I so hung up on them practicing together? Time to change the subject. "So, erm, what kind of dance do you do?" I'm smart. Tee hee.
 Rina adjusted her tight white beater. "I ballet and Noa tap."
 "Isn't that the same thing?"
 Rina rolled her eyes at me. "You tell me, my songbird. Is Opera and Rock the same?"
 I saw her point. "So, what time is practice for you guys?"
 Noa stood up. "Actually, we were just leaving, right Rina?"
 Rina took Noa's hand and stood up as well. "Yep."
 I like Noa, I really do, but I'm not so sure I like it when she's with Rina. "Well, have a nice time you two."
 Rina and Noa walked out.
 I jumped on my bed and laid down. I don't know why, but I felt exhausted. I reached for my phone before I took a nap, but I felt something flat. Not iPhone flat, but, like, card flat.
 I sat up to examine what I was touching. It was an ID with my name, picture, room, and homeroom teacher who was apparently named Ms.Kato. How did that even get there?
 I put the ID down and grabbed my shiny phone. I think I'll put the case Melissa gave me on it; a sparkly zebra print. Checking my texts, I frowned. Still nothing from anyone who matters.
 I laid back down and started to lose consciousness. But not before I realized something.
 Rina called me her songbird. I almost smiled at the thought. 










 I woke up to the door slamming. I moaned and grabbed my phone. It was 8:00 now.
 "Ughhhh, Rina, why'd you have to wake me up?"
 She walked into the bathroom, but left the door open. "All I did was close the door, Spade. Who the hello goes to sleep at 5:45, anyway?"
 I started to get off the bed. "People who are tired, that's who." I heard my raspy voice, and cleared my throat. "I'm going to the cafeteria. I'm starved."
 I heard the shower start just as I spoke. "Wait for me," Rina called out. "I'll only be a second."
 I sighed. "Alright."
 As I sat there waiting, I kept staring at my phone. When are the going to text? About 10 minutes later I was staring so hard I almost didn't see Rina walk out the bathroom naked. Almost.
 I shrieked. "What is with you not wearing clothes? God!"
 She walked into the closet. "It's not like you have to look. Hey," she said changing the subject. "Why were you staring at your phone like it held the secrets to immortality?"
 I saw my blush in the reflection of the phone. At least she couldn't see me. "I'm just waiting for a text or call."
 "Ah, some little boy you like, I assume?"
 The blush deepened. How could I even see the blush, being Black?! "N-No, just some friends."
 I could hear her opening and closing drawers. "Friends?"
 I felt offended. "Is it such a shocker that I have some?"
 She laughed. "Sorry. Why are you waiting for them to call you?"
 "Well, if they went to an all new school by themselves I would call them to see how they were adjusting." It felt weird talking to her about this. "But sometimes they just get busy and-"
 "I can already tell what kind of friends you have," she said, emphasizing the word 'friends'. Stepping out of the closet, she did a perfect twirl. I guess she really is a ballerina. "Alright, I'm ready. Let's jet."
 I took my gaze away from my phone and gave it to her. She was wearing pajama shorts and a black camisole. "You're going to the cafeteria in that?"
 She slipped on her slippers and grunted. "Half the people there at this time are usually dressed like this."
 I stood and shook my head. By the time I graduate from this school, I hope I don't walk around parading in my sleepwear.










 True to her word, at least half of the eating quarters was dressed to go to bed. Actually, most of them were. The only people who weren't were the ones who I saw last night, the night owls.
 Rina quickly said good bye and made her way to one of the tables. Scared of getting rejected by other people, I grabbed my meal and made my way to the Night Owl's table.
 "It was wonderful! You should've seen her dance, they way she- Oh, hey Spade!" Noa interrupted herself.
 I sat next to her and said hello to everyone else there. "So, what were you talking about?" I asked.
 Noa looked down and blushed ever so slightly, while everyone else giggled.
 The confused look on my face must have caused someone to take pity on me. "Noa was talking about Riiiiiina." Someone giggled.
 "Shut up, Cassidy," Noa mumbled.
 With a start, I realized what was going on. Awwwww, Noa had a little crush. How sweet. So why did I feel uneasy?
 I laughed, deciding to not dwell on my feelings. "Never mind. So, what's everyone up to?"
 Everyone started talking at once. I was so engaged in the talk, I didn't notice how eventually, it was just us Owls. I looked at my phone; it was 10:30.
 "Sorry guys," I said getting up from my seat. "I don't want to be too tired for tomorrow. I'm gonna go to bed."
 "What's tomorrow?" Someone called out.
 I laughed. "Um, the first day of school, maybe?"
 Noa stood up and followed me out the room. She touched me shoulder. "S-S-Spade?" she asked.
 "Hmm?"
 "Would you mind  not telling Rina about...um..."
 I hugged her. "Don't worry; I swear I won't tell her."
 She heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank you! I want to be the one to tell her and if I play my cards right, we might be dating by the end of the month!"
 I smiled tightly. "I look forward to seeing that happen."
 


© 2011 Spade


Author's Note

Spade
I tried to listen to everyone's suggestions, but I don't think I did a good job, haha <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Listen to your heart first and foremost. That is where your writing comes from. It was a great write. Love how the story is progressing. Keep on penning. Anxiously awaiting next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: Melody Droplets


Author

Spade
Spade

Park Forest, IL



About
No words can describe me without being bleeped on television. :] more..

Writing
Blake Blake

A Poem by Spade


Melody One Melody One

A Chapter by Spade