Melody Ten

Melody Ten

A Chapter by Spade

 I sighed.  For the rest of the evening, I hadn't seen Hunter. Anywhere. I mean, I didn't exactly look for him (that'd make me look like a stalker), but still.
 Having no one to talk to (Rina was still out and Mio decided she should go practice. Ugh.) usually make me feel at peace. At home, back in Rivercrest, I was always bothered. Weather I was picking up Zoey's puppy from dog therapy (that's actually common out there) or playing perfect daughter for Mother, I was just never sitting down. I relished the moments I had to myself.
 But now, I just felt lonely. It was 7:30 now, and nobody had come in yet. My thoughts wandered to Rina. Earlier, she was so nasty to Mio. I understand Rina's popular, that much is obvious, but does she have to be so bitchy?
 Around me, she's so nice...Well, nice for her, anyway. I personally think if she was nice to everyone like that, she'd be more popular. Struck my inspiration, I typed into LyricSoul. I swear, Rina's issues could make me famous.
 Once I was done making a rough draft of the song, I kept on thinking about her. Why was she still out? What could she and Noa still be out doing?
 Noa. Hm. She seems sweet; and she really is. But I feel the tiniest bit sad for her. Because there is no way Rina could like her. I may not know Rina that well, but I know her well enough to know that she doesn't like Noa.
 I wonder when Noa will tell Rina that she likes her. I wonder how Rina will reject her. I sure hope not too mean; oh, and definitely not in a public place.
 Tired of getting lost in my thoughts, I scooted off the bed. I was bored, so naturally, I was hungry.
 Right before I stepped in the elevator, I heard someone talking about a party.
 "So, are you going? You have to, 'cause it's, like, the first of the year," one raspy-voiced girl said.
 "Sure, I guess I'll go. I'll tell my mom to send me a party dress. Have I shown you it?" another replied.
 "Oh my gosh, no! You have to! What color-"
 "Sorry," I said, cutting Raspy off. "But I heard you say something about a party?"
 Raspy's friend, a girl wearing turtle shell (gasp) glasses, turned her head to look at me. "Oh, um, yeah. Kai is having a Back-To-School Bash,"
 "Kai? Kai who?"
 Raspy rolled her eyes and smiled. "Kam Kai. Like, the only Kai in this school worthy of throwing a party?"
 Glasses stuck her tongue out at Raspy. "Be nice."
 "Where would she even throw the party?" I asked.
 Glasses answered me this time. "In her hall. Each of the ten rooms would be a part of the party. She's not having it until, like, Saturday 'cause it'll take a long time to get he hall ready."
 Thank God there was going to be something exciting. And thank God it was a party.
 "Oh, well, thanks," I said boarding the elevator.





 Looking around, I didn't see my usual food buddies around. Fear of being rejected, I sat alone at a table in a corner. Sitting in the pink (sigh) chair, I picked at my salad. Just when I was about to throw it away completely, a group of girls (about four or five) came to the table. "Oh, hey," I said brightly.
 "Hi, said one with pink hair. "We saw you weren't busy over here..."
 I felt my cheeks turn pink.
 "...so we wanted to come over here and ask you how yo be fashionable like you," she finished in a rush. The girls behind her nodded along.
 I blinked. I wasn't expecting that."Oh, well, I-" I stopped. I could feel a light bulb shining above my head. "Hey, can you guys come in my room? I can show you better than I can tell you."





 I ushered them into my room. "Here, you guys can sit on the bed." They sat.
 "So, um, where do we start?"
 All of them spoke at once. I vaguely heard the word "make-up".
 "Okay, okay! We'll start with make-up. You see, there are different types of make-up styles for different occasions..."
 And it went on like that for a while. I instructed them on how to put on enough mascara without looking like you're trying to hard, things you can wear to style these dreadful uniforms, and how to control split ends. By the time I looked at the clock, it was already 9:45!
 "Sorry, ya'll," I said, interrupting the happy chatter. "But I have to start getting ready for bed, and my roommate-"
 "What the f**k is going on?" Rina snarled.
 It went dead silent. I might not be afraid of Rina, but the rest of people who aren't in her inner circle...That's a different story.
 The pink-haired girl, Kaya, spoke after a uncomfortable silence. "Well, we were just-"
 "No!" snapped Rina. "Whatever you're doing, you're not doing it anymore! Get. Out. Now." she spoke the last words with such venom, I think she poisoned me.
 The girls quickly scurried out. Kaya, the last one, whispered "Thank you!" before shutting the door.
 Rina walked to her bed like nothing just happened. I could not believe this b***h!
 "Rina!" I walked over to her on the fluffy white carpet. "What is wrong with you?"
 "What?" she asked, genuinely confused.
 "You just yelled at five nice girls, for no reason. Why?" I growled the last word.
 She rolled her eyes. "Oh, calm down, will you? I just didn't want them here. They're so lame,"
 I was appalled. Lame? Lame? "Rina!" I screeched. "Just because they're not as popular as you doesn't mean you can do that! What did they do to you? Do you even think about how others feel when you do s**t like that?"
 Rina stood up. I was short, so I was used to people above me. But Rina was 6 feet, almost as tall as Hunter. I could see why people found her intimidating. But I held my ground.
 "Rina, it's people like you that make others commit suicide! You can't judge someone on their social status, or something dumb like that! You have to get to know them! Something you don't want to do because you have a damn stick up your perky a*s twenty-four seven!" My cheeks were red from anger, I could feel the heat. I was breathing hard, like I'd just run a marathon. My fists were balled up on my side. If this girl wanted to fight, I'd fight her, no matter how bad I'd get my a*s kicked. Because what she was doing was wrong.
 Taking slow steps, Rina walked toward me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see the first blow coming. I didn't even want to feel it.
 So I was surprised to hear sniffles. I opened one eye. Rina stood above me crying. Opening both eyes, I lifted my head up. It wasn't until then that Rina spoke.
"Do you think people cared about my feelings when they shunned me for what my mom did to me? Do you think they cared when I was in a loony house for trying to kill myself, and not one friend called? It might seem like I'm just a raging b***h, and honestly, I am," she said. "But I don't do anything to anybody unless they deserve it. And trust me, Spade. These girls deserve it. Pretty, ugly, popular, geek, black, white, they all do."
 Rina pushed past me. "I'm going out. Don't wait up for me."
 









 I lay in bed. Hugging Posh, I realized I was doing exactly what Rina told me not to do; wait for her.
 But it was almost 11:00. Actually, it was 10:55. She told me on my first day that you had to be in your Chamber by eleven o'clock. Absently, I wondered what would happen if she didn't make it in time.
 The five minutes went by quickly, and at exactly the deadline, a knock came at the door.
 I wonder who it was? It's can't be Rina; she has a key. Mio? Hm, she does like to talk, but I have a feeling it's not her who wants to have an almost-midnight chat.
 I crawled out of bed and dragged my feet to the door. If this was some sort of newbie prank, I swear, I am going to shove my fist down their throat.
 I opened the door and I could feel my eyes narrowing. It was Ms. Hosten, that very ugly hawk lady from my first day. "Yes?"
 "Where is your roommate, Ms. Rose?"
 "Um, I can tell you where she's not." I was still mad at Rina for yelling at those girls (and also sad for yelling at her, after I found out her side of the story), but I didn't want to get her in trouble.
 "This is not a joke, Ms. Rose. Tell me where she is. Now."
 "I don't know where she is, Hawk-Ms. Hosten." I smirked, a la Rina.
 "Ms. Rose, if you don't stop playing these silly little-"
 Just then, Rina shoved her out the way. "Excuse me, but I need to go to bed. Do you know what time it is, Ms. Hosten?"
 Ms. Hosten gave me one last snarl before turning her attention to Rina. "Yes, Ms. Mint, I do. It's 11:03, and you should've been in here 90 seconds ago."
 "What the hell," I whispered to myself in Japanese.
 "Correction, ma'am. I was supposed to be in the building, not my room specifically. And I was in the building. Ask the monitor in the lobby."
  Ms. Hosten blinked. She looked like a ghost in the dark hallway, with her ugly pale skin. "Next time, don't cut so close," was all she said before scurrying off.
 Mumbling to herself, Rina pushed past me, too. I closed the door and sighed. I was kinda, sorta, sorry for how I, um, yelled at her.
 But before I could ask her to sit down, so I could apologize, she stripped and went in the shower. She hurried away from me, talking her long, shiny, pale blonde hair out of a ponytail. I knocked on the wooden, pink bathroom door. "Rina? Can I come in?"
 She ignored me.
 Once she was out the shower, she put on her barley-there pj's and climbed into bed. I walked timidly towards the corner of it. She was sad earlier, but now? She still might want to punch me. In my face.
 "Rina," I sat Indian-style on the edge. "Can we talk?" She didn't answer, but she did use the covers to hide.. "Rina?" I shook her leg. "I'm sorry."
 When she didn't reply, again, I switched tactics. When I was little, I used to bug my Mother with this, but it always worked. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I whined. I really was sorry. I don't know what for, but I was.
 I don't know how long I did that for, but eventually I felt my tears on my leg. "Rina, Rina, Rina, I'm sorry, I really am,"
 She didn't so much as stir.
 I stood up and walked to my bed. I'd try in the morning.
 Right when I was almost asleep, I heard her whisper, "It's not your fault."


© 2011 Spade


Author's Note

Spade
Sorry I've been taking so long. I've been forcing myself to read EVERYONE'S read requests. 38. -_- But, I did, I just didn't review them. That's too much, hahah, but you all are great a this writing stuff. OH, And I changed the title picture. Take a look at it, please. :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is strong writing. The language is 'Real Life' and the kind of drama a lot of people like to read about. The syntax is strong and correct in most ways, and the situations are interesting enough to be developed into a full story. It is probably good enough for publication with a publisher as is, but getting that done is never as easy as somoene might think it is - you sort of have to be really excellent or really lucky, these days, to have the slightest chance. I enjoyed the tale, and you can send me read requests for future chapters if you like. A strong effort. Daniel.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah, on read requests? Try 450. Besides, this is really good. I really like it. Keep it coming.

P.S> out of the 450 requests I have, yours was the first I went to :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cute new picture. I loved the confrontation between Spade and Rina. She's not afraid to say what she feels!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Loved this chapter! Another great one! This story is just excellent! Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

keep on going and yeah i had 110 read request lol i get what you mean :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

397 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: Melody Droplets


Author

Spade
Spade

Park Forest, IL



About
No words can describe me without being bleeped on television. :] more..

Writing
Blake Blake

A Poem by Spade


Melody One Melody One

A Chapter by Spade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Melody Eleven Melody Eleven

A Chapter by Spade