Dead

Dead

A Story by im-who
"

First word of my daily writing thing. As in, every day I have a word topic, and I write for ten minutes based off that.

"
I leaped over the concrete barrier in front of our base, gun in hand, as I started sprinting for the enemy lines. As I passed a tree, bullets shoot through it, with a splintering of wood. I roll, before crouching and looking down my scope to try find the one who had shot at me. Nothing. That was sneaky.
I continued running over the grassy landscape, keeping an eye out for any other shooters. Where was my team? I needed them. Suddenly, I could hear bullets overhead. Seeing where the flash was coming from, I fired back, the recoil making me point my heavy gun upwards a bit. I don't know if I had hit him, but the firing had stopped. I continue running, and as I passed over a hill, I saw a small, concrete base. That's what I was heading for. I ran in a zig-zag, in case anybody was trying to snipe me. As I got closer, I began to hear shooting again. But not near me. I turn my head, and see a member of my squad and an enemy shooting at each other. My team mate fell. I shot the guy who had killed my team mate. He fell, just like my team mate did. I ran to the wall of the base, and look for the entrance. Too late. With a bullet to the back, I was dead. I sighed, as I readied to press the 'respawn' button, to begin again.

© 2014 im-who


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: game, dead

Author

im-who
im-who

Canberra, A.C.T., Australia



Writing
The Orb The Orb

A Chapter by im-who


Ice Ice

A Poem by im-who