FREE PREVIEW #1 :The Long Way.

FREE PREVIEW #1 :The Long Way.

A Chapter by V. Lucien Maier
"

Taylor and Scott are having a normal day of climbing, when events pull them into a whole new world. Check out the first chapter of The In The Blood Series for Free! Please Review

"



© 2009 V. Lucien Maier


Author's Note

V. Lucien Maier
Please let me know what you think.
If you are interested in the full series. (THere is oh so much more) check out
Www.Inthebloodonline.Com

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personally I have trouble with audio novels. And if you're looking for a review of any productive sort, I would recommend posting at least a chapter on this site in print format. That way it's much easier to read and understand.

Nonetheless, I did happen to watch a bit of the audio and enjoyed it. I liked how you illustrated and animated it so that if flowed with your words. Sometimes it was a bit hard to understand what you or the recorder was trying to say, it was very monotone sounding - I would have someone with an acting background who can enunciate clearly, to do a recording for it instead. With Audio's you really need someone who can get into character and make them seem real.

I'm hoping you will post a print version of this so I can get a better grasp on your story. It sounds interesting though from what I've seen and heard so far : ]

Lady

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked it!
But, I think I would understand it a bit more when I'm reading it....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For most of the day I tried to load your audio of this peice at work....and failed. The servers at work don't support alot of that type. And then, when I finally got to listen to it I really enjoyed the story. It holds power and lots of emotion....I just wish that I might have been able to read it in format rather then listening to it on audio....You have quite a bit of talent as a writer and would like to know where the story goes from here...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not really an audio person, I get more of a feel for something if I read it, but this did spark interest as to what the next chapter will be!
The illustration/animation was relaxing to watch, especially the beginning xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this is really sad my friend ,i was never expecting an end like this..
how the two good friend used to climbing together in that lovely area as you describe it beautifully ,and how one of them lost a parent
I could not garb the details for the chat came a little hasty..and then his girl friend was not on good terms with him ..
all that was ok ..and then they decided to cross the river ,i thought it to be a simple ride ..but really I was surprised
that you finish it this way as the rope gave way and no matter how they both tried to hang to each other
both went down to the raging stream of water to be swollowed down for good..its really tragic
never expected such an end for they were both full of young dreams,hopes and expectations..really too bad it had to end like this
lovely audio..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was a good story line.
the only thing is I usually don't listen to audio, and whoever did the recording sounded very monotone, so it kind of took away from the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

THis was a very good story. I loved the strong friendship between Scott and Taylor. They were (basically) will to sacrifice their own safety to save one another. I also liked how their friendship lasted grew stronger from childhood to adulthood. It was bittersweet. Two friends always together, died together...swept away in the current. The descriptions that you gave of both of them made the story even more real. Excellent read! Well done! You are an excellent writer!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's good. I liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the first chapeter it really pulls me into the story and makes me want to know the characters more and see what is going to happen to them next!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Once again, another remarkable story! I loved the dialogue, the characters, plot, and everything! The details, and descriptions were great. I loved how you left the reader wondering what was going to happen to the guys at the end! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

People here will always complain about your stories being in audio instead of print, but they're not going to phase you at all. I admire that. There were things I liked and didn't like about this recording--I didn't like the static and popping noises, probably from stopping and restarting the recorder. I liked the sound effects and the illustrations. I didn't like getting all these guys' background stories in audio, without being able to read and absorb it all in print. And I did like your voice. It's very calming.

Audio aside, I like the dialogue between the two guys. The tone and vocabulary they use is true to their age. But something weird I noticed was: "'Tiffany's going to be pissed at you,' asked Taylor in return." And for a moment there, I got distracted and I had to listen to it again. "Asked Taylor," it said...but that wasn't a question!

Good speaking voice, good sound effects, and good illustrations, but I wonder a bit if that's all to accompany the story or to make up for something lacking. If we could see the story in print, could the words stand all on their own? I guess it doesn't matter, since it really is meant to be enjoyed in an audio form. You have wandered into a whole other genre here that not everyone really understands.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1058 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 23, 2009


Author

V. Lucien Maier
V. Lucien Maier

Tooele, UT



About
V. Lucien Maier was born in 1973, in Amersfoort, in the Netherlands. His father a civil engineer had a love of travel, and both parents loved skiing. When the opportunity arose to move to .. more..

Writing
WooF WooF

A Story by V. Lucien Maier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..