Christina

Christina

A Story by Luciole
"

A very short story of self-harm.

"

She smelt it before she had seen it. Blood. She felt it drip from her arm. She remembers how just last year, her friends and her had made fun of a girl at the mall for the scars running along her arm. Now, as Christina cut into her own arm the memory feels several years old.

She kept her eyes focused on the painting in her bathroom. It was a copy of a beautiful painting she’d seen at the Museum of Modern Art. When she first saw it on the white walls of the New York City museum, she felt something spark within her. She fell in love with the painting and had to have it. As she gazed at it now, it was like it wasn’t there. All it did now was allow her to ignore the sting of the razor cutting into her.

“Christina!”

She stopped, not scared or nervous, simply interrupted.

“I’m only shaving, I’ll be out in a few minutes.” She let this out with such an emotionless tone; even she picked up on it. She added an “I promise” to seal the deal. She was answered with an okay. Finally Christina looked down at her arm. With a deep breath she threw the razor into the sink and put the water on. She proceeded to wash her arm too and finally placing a large gauze band-aid. She was surprised it didn’t hurt as much as she thought it would. Then again isn’t that point?

 

 

© 2013 Luciole


Author's Note

Luciole
I may add more to this in the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As I read though this short story, it is developing into something that could take one's breath away, a little too short, and I felt that there was more to come.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Definitely interested in reading more of this. It's very drawing. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very good. I do hope you continue to better your writing and add more in the future. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very good start! I cant wait to read more if you decide to make more!


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013
Tags: self harm, girl, teen, trouble

Author

Luciole
Luciole

My Imagination , NJ



About
Luciole is a pen name. In French it means "firefly" I'm a 18 year-old girl who loves to write, read, and listen to music. I'm a little bit of a nerd. I like to sing a lot more than I'd care to ad.. more..

Writing
observing.. observing..

A Poem by Luciole