Remembrance.

Remembrance.

A Poem by Luke Cazalet-Smith
"

For a Brother, a Friend, to whom departed this world on a glorious adventure; to touch the face of God.

"
There is a lovely ideology of Death frolicking amongst a garden. A garden rich with the wildest, most exotic of flowers; blossoming-bursting with colour and life. This pierced the eye of Death, and captivated her entire attention. So, she hurringly harvested the flowers fueling her own selfish desires. But, it were only the most beautiful, the most unique of flowers that she picked first, to keep for herself; as if were that of a disgrace to allow another moment to pass by in which those very flowers were not in her possession.

And the flowers, in this ideology, are the people we hold closest to our hearts. So, we should not mourn their absence, but rejoice in their departure. For they are simply amongst the most beautiful and the most unique of people; so much so, that Death could not wait a moment more to caress them and hold her for herself.

I love you, Brother.

© 2015 Luke Cazalet-Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Bless you and your family, this is beautiful and I enjoyed the message, thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luke Cazalet-Smith

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your condolences, but your blessings needn't be with I, nor my family. For it was a ve.. read more
my codolences. This is just a wonderful piece with a beautiful message.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luke Cazalet-Smith

9 Years Ago

Thank you, ever so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015

Author

Luke Cazalet-Smith
Luke Cazalet-Smith

Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am not a writer. Nor do I claim to be. I am merely a young man with a mind suffused with words, attempting to put them to paper. I hope you enjoy what it is I am fortunate enough to conjure. more..

Writing