Fairy Tales Do Exist

Fairy Tales Do Exist

A Story by Lizzy
"

Just a short story about a princess... This is dedicated to my fiancé. Just a random thought that came to mind. :D

"
Princess Sara was supposed to be attending this ball. According to her mother she was supposed to search for a suitable husband. Sara was anything but excited.

Sara rolled her eyes. "I don't want to look for a suitor or a husband, mother." She looked very annoyed. "Oh come now darling you couldn't possibly wish to be alone forever?" Sara shook her head. "I will go but I don't intend on finding anyone." Her mother just sighed. "Well, honey could you at least go into town and pick up some things." She handed her a list of things they would need to prepare for the ball. "Sure.." She didn't look pleased but headed out anyways.

"Why must she always be on my back about men. Men are idiotic, they have a small field of emotions and could never romance me." She stuck her nose in the air. "I'm tired of being badgered about being betrothed and blah blah blah." She wasn't paying attention and tripped over a crate of apples by one of the street vendors in town. She fell on top of some young man. "Ouch..." She opened her eyes to see the guy she had landed on. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry." She tried getting up quickly but ripped her skirt causing it to unravel. "Ah!" She screamed clutching her skirt. "Awesome....now I look like a total bafoon." The guy chuckled slightly. "Miss? I happen to be a tailor if you would like I could help sew your skirt back to new." The guy smiled the most charming smile she had seen. Rolling her eyes at his pompous attitude she replied. "Sure.." She figured she'd give him the honor considering she fell on him.

"So mi'lady what's your name." She hesitated. She didn't like telling people who she was when outside the castle. But she felt something different about this gentleman. "Princess Sara..." She looked away slightly embarrassed. His mouth dropped slightly. "Wow...you're incredibly beautiful princess. I've only ever heard about you." Thinking to himself that he'd never stand a chance with a girl like that. "Why thank you..I don't usually boast about my royalty it's rather annoying how people respond.." She looked away. He laughed. "Yeah I'm sure. But then again I'm just a lowly peasant." He said smirking. She giggled. "So what's your name, mister?" He looked up at her pausing his work on her skirt. "Robert Stoneheart..I obviously do tailoring work but I'm also a swell blacksmith. Not much else fascinating about me." He looked away concentrating on his work. "Oh..well Robert..I have something to ask of you?" He looked back up at the princess. "Yes?" She blushed and took his hand for a moment. "My parents are throwing me this lame-o ball for me to attend and I was wondering if you'd like to go?" She said turning her head slightly out of embarrassment. Robert chuckled and gave her a small smile. "I would love to go with you, Princess."

© 2010 Lizzy


Author's Note

Lizzy
not yet complete :p

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The classic romance between a peasant and a royal princess. I enjoy stories like that. I have a story similar to it if you want to look into it, it is titled Crystal Lips. Please let me know what you think. It's about a princess and a peasant, it is actually a dream I had. I will be awiaitng for its completion.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is really good :) I can't wait to read more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


incomplete but sweet! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like it & i cant wait to see it finished.

by the way

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 17, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010

Author

Lizzy
Lizzy

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada



About
http://www.myspace.com/Tohru513 http://www.facebook.com/lyndseyrich http://www.youtube.com/user/KunoichiRed I'm from North Carolina moving to Canada soon. I love to write randomly...Sometimes gre.. more..

Writing