A Best Friend Till The End

A Best Friend Till The End

A Story by Elysa Kristen Lavelle
"

It's just a short story about how I first met him and how he went... It's just like a memory of him

"

My kindergarten school wasn't that popular. My primary school wasn't all that popular too. But at least people know that school. Primary one wasn't all that interesting. New friends, New life, Not much. Primary was almost the same.

Let's just say his name was Henry. He became my best friend. His left arm has been operated before due to car accident. We were close friends. Had fun together, had lunch together, did almost everything together? His parents know me well and so does my parents to him. Although he wasn't all that rich, he still lived a happy life. He enjoyed it. Until one day.

Henry met with a car accident again. He was seriously injured. Henry was admitted to hospital for a long time. I knew coz his mom told me. I went to visit him most of the days. Accompany him, Talk to him, and entertain him.

But due the exams, I couldn't go. I had to stay at home and the library to study. He has been in the hospital for at least 2 months. He was still badly injured. His wounds aren't getting any better and he had already up to three operations. Still, he was badly injured.

I regretted not going to see him even during examinations. He was being put in coma. I was shocked when I heard about the news. I went to the hospital and look after him every day. I did my homework there and also revision there. I couldn't stay away from him. He was my best friend. He was the kindest person I've ever met. He was perfect to me.

After three weeks of coma, I hoped he would wake up. The doctor said the coma might last for three weeks and it has been three weeks. I've tried to call out to him every day. I went back to his room in the hospital every day after school and every Sunday after church service.

But... after a few weeks of trying to wake him up, something finally made me stop. The single tone on the heart beat measure and also the news from the doctor. He was gone. Henry is no longer with me. He left me. He left earth. To a whole better place. I cried nonstop on his lifeless body before they take him away.

I went to his funeral. He was in the coffin. Lying peacefully in it. I wondered what he was thinking... What was his feeling...? What were his last words before his coma...? I took one last look at him before they closed the coffin. I tried hard not to cry but tears just fell off the tip of my eyes. I felt so weak I dropped onto the ground crying. I left a stalk of Forget-Me-Not on top of the soil after the coffin was being buried.

Forget-Me-Not was a flower that he liked most. I still remember the time when he asked me to leave a Forget-Me-Not for him on his funeral when he gets old and goes. No one has ever wondered it would be so soon. I did as he said. I left it there. Also as a sign that I will Never forget about him...

© 2014 Elysa Kristen Lavelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was so heart breaking! I am so sorry for the lost of your Best Friend. I am sure he is with you always, and is watching over you! Always keep in memory the great times you shared together. very good writing as well. keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Elysa Kristen Lavelle

10 Years Ago

Thank you~ I really do miss him though... Some times when I go pass my primary school I still think .. read more
ANGELO TIWANA QUIAMCO

10 Years Ago

i like your story....very much. :-D
Elysa Kristen Lavelle

10 Years Ago

Thanks~ and I really like typing stories~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014

Author

Elysa Kristen Lavelle
Elysa Kristen Lavelle

Christian, Malaysia



About
Writing has been my hobby ever since I was in kindergarten. My parents, teachers and friends supported me every time I join a writing competition. I love making friends with everyone and meeting new p.. more..

Writing