Unthinkable (3)

Unthinkable (3)

A Chapter by Luna
"

Chapter three :D

"
Amarantha jogged back to the hospital. It was getting late, the sun was setting, and her feet crunched in the dead leaves as she ran. She shivered, pulling her coat closer around her. It was in early October, the twins would have been having their birthday in a three weeks. Hallowe'en, to be precise. Talk about a bonus.

Only... Amara had a feeling that Iris wouldn't live to see her sixteenth birthday.

Amarantha shivered again as she jogged through the alley ways. It was dark and she was lost? How could she have left her sister in such a fragile state?!

"Hello." Came his voice, soft and cold.

Amarantha shrieked, and he hurried to put his hand on her mouth. "Shh.. Shhh... I won't hurt you! You looked lost!" The boy said.

Amarantha gasped as an electrical current ran through her, and she backed up, eyeing the boy. He had light grey-ish hair and grey-blue eyes. Was tall and muscled, but not overly buff. Lean, but not superskinny. He gave the appearance of being strong without actually looking like a steroid user.

"Who the hell are you?!" She snapped.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Acanthus Grey." The boy said.

"It fits." She chuckled, "Everything about you is grey. Now can I go? My sister is very sick and I am afraid to leave her alone with her boyfriend."

It was Acanthus's turn to chuckle. Inconspicously, he massaged the hand that the shock had hit. "What is your name?"

Amarantha didn't feel like herself. This was not how she normally acted. She crossed her arms, tossed her golden hair behind her shoulder and glared at him. "Amarantha. Amarantha Johnson. Now will you please move?!" When she didn't receive a response, she tried to push past him.

"Your sister is Iris right? Is her boyfriend a certain tattoo artist named Jonas Jones?"

Amarantha froze and turned around warily. "Yes.."

Acanthus's eyes turned grave. "Allow me to walk you back to the hospital then. I don't trust Jonas more than I trust a wolf around a baby deer." He growled, eyes flashing red.

It was his strange eyes that made Amarantha forget that she was about to ask him how he knew she was going to the hospital.

"It's this way." Acanthus said, leading the way.
                *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amarantha walked up the stairs to her sister's hospital room. 119. She opened the door, but that was when she heard him speaking. Hastily, she shut it, then opened it a slight crack so she could hear what he was saying.

"What are you saying Bones?" Her sister rasped.

"I'm saying that everything you knew about the world is a lie. I am a demon Iris, I can turn you into one too."

Amarantha eyed Jonas. Tall, long black hair, black bangs that covered his left eye, and eyes that, if she looked close enough, were red. He had multiple peircings. One on his eyebrow, tongue, multiple lip peircings and nose piercings, spiked studs in his ears, and the tattoos. Dragon tattoos, snake tattoos, horrible tattoos she couldn't even put a name on, all on his arms and down his black Bring Me The Horizon t-shirt.

She could definetly see how this guy was a demon.

"But they don't exist!" Her sister protested, "It's like saying that Witches exist."

In a completely serious tone he said, "They do. But not how the media protrays them."

Amarantha looked at her sister, she looked sicker than before! "So your saying that this is my only option? What about Vampires and Werewolves?"

"Too risky. Vampires you have to exchange blood, and it can go all wrong. Werewolves are tempermental and can kill you without a second thought. Plus, do you really want to be a Werewolf?"

"No, I guess  not." Iris said, sounding very tired, "Are you going to do it now?"

"No, not now. I've exhausted my power already tonight in making your sister get lost so that she wouldn't hear us have this talk."

Iris suddenly sounded very mad and very alive. "You can't do that! There are bad people out there!"

"Shh.. shhh I only did it so that we could have this chat." He reasoned. "As soon as we are done, I will undo it."

"I'm done talking to you now, so undo it." Iris snapped.

Jonas huffed and there was an audible 'pop' as he flicked his wrist.

Amarantha could not believe it. Without shutting the door, she fled the building, startling Acanthus. She ran right past him, and he grabbed her arm, causing her to slam into his chest. Amarantha sobbed for the fourth-or maybe four hundreth- time that day.

Acanthus had no idea what to do. He patted her back awkwardly. "Shh.... there... there...?" He sighed, one hand behind his head.

"How much of what I know is  lie?" She sobbed, startling the young Vampire, "Acanthus, what are you?"

Acanthus sighed yet again. "Oh boy... Looks like I have some explaining to do..."


© 2011 Luna


Author's Note

Luna
yadayada yada

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011
Tags: fantasy, shapeshifters, Amarantha, Iris, Twins, Cancer, Supernatural, Original


Author

Luna
Luna

Ontario, Canada



About
I'm a fourteen year old Canadian girl who loves supernatural, paranormal stories. I also love fantasy. Evanescence, Epica and Paramore are three of my favourite bands, and I also love Emilie Autumn. T.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Luna


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Luna