The Fight Begins

The Fight Begins

A Chapter by LunarDragon

Chapter Three: The Fight Begins


I sat in the guild basement, arms folded. I bit my lip. All of this was for Lucy. It made me mad. Why would Phantom want Lucy? Well yeah, they were hired by Lucy’s father, but, I knew they weren’t going to give her to her father immediately. I turned my head to look at her. She was crying. Then I heard Laxus’s voice. I haven’t been in the guild very long, but I most definitely knew that voice to be Laxus’. I got up and headed over to MiraJane and Cana.

“Why should I help? It’s the old mans problem not mine.” My hands balled into fists. Soon I was next to MiraJane.

“Shut up Laxus!” MiraJane jumped back in surprise. Normally I wasn’t this angry, but, unluckily for Laxus, I was. “If you want to be this guilds master, you got to at least fight for it! You’re a coward if you don’t come!” Laxus was as smug as ever.

“I don’t have to come.” He said. “And I don’t want to come to help the weaklings of the guild, so-”

“We’re not ‘the weaklings of the guild’! The weakling is you Laxus! You won’t come! If you’re not a weakling than prove it! Come and fight for the guild!”

“No thanks.” He said. “And if you can’t even beat me in a fight then, I’m stronger than you.”

“It’s not by power, Laxus. It’s by spirit and heart. You’ll never become the guild master if you don’t understand those two words.” I said. Laxus was now getting irritated.

“Whatever, weak-” I smashed the lacrima.


Phantom’s guild towered over Fairy Tail. It was big. But, it wasn’t a living thing so using my magic silently would do nothing but expose me. Natsu, Grey, and Elfman had gone inside, and we left on the ground battled Phantom’s ‘puppets’. Then I made up my mind. I was going to go into that thing, too. I turned to Lee.

“Give me a boost!” Lee looked at me.

“Why?”

“Just give me a boost.” I said. She shrugged and used her earth magic and launched me up. At first I thought I was going to hit the wall, but I flew through a hole and barreled into someone. I opened my eyes. I lay next to Natsu. He had a bump on his head.

“Natsu!” I shook him. I did it a few more times. No use. He was out cold. I pushed myself up and went to the opening.

“Seriously Lee?!”

“Sorry!” She called up. I turned back to Natsu. He would be back up in a minute. I turned and ran down the hall. My nostrils were burning and my eyes stung. I had no idea why, though. I stopped short of a half opened door. My nostrils burned so bad and my eyes stung so bad that my eyes were watering. I gingerly stepped forward, pushing the door out  of my way. A smell reached my nose and I lurched backward. It was a smell that made me go crazy. I grabbed a handkerchief and held it over my face. I went through the door this time and there standing not to far away, was one of the elemental four. His eyes were covered and he wore a green hat and coat and tears ran down his face. I tied the handkerchief around my head and pressed myself into the wall. My hands went out, one grabbing onto the door. The magical pressure was immense. I now realized that the smell that was killing me was his magical pressure emanating off him. I shut my eyes and sank down onto the cold ground next to the door. And at that moment, Natsu came in.


I had apparently, fainted. I awoke to the scream of Lucy. The smell and magical pressure that had been killing me had faded and I felt better than ever. But, what troubled me was that Phantom had gotten Lucy. I stood up and removed my make shift mask. This was going to end badly.


I breathed hard as I entered the room where all the noise was coming from. Natsu was fighting the iron dragon slayer, Black Steel Gajeel. Lucy watched at one side of the room. I went along the walls and soon I stood behind Lucy.

“Lucy.” She turned. I smiled and then my gaze drifted to Natsu. He was getting the crap kicked out of him. He hadn’t been able to eat, whereas, Gajeel had. Then I saw a piece of iron flying toward Lucy. I looked at her and then my instincts kicked in and I rushed in front of her. A great pain filled my body as I sank down onto the ground. Lucy knelt down quickly and started fussing over me.

“What should I do? What should I do?” She kept saying over and over again. At the same time I looked over and saw the guild get destroyed.


© 2013 LunarDragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013


Author

LunarDragon
LunarDragon

IL



About
I like writing, drawing, and reading. I'm trying to write a novel and I love mechanics and engineering. Favorite Movies/TV: Knight and Day The A-Team Spirited Away My Neighbor Totoro Princes.. more..

Writing