The Angelic Demon's Rapture: Starving for Paridise

The Angelic Demon's Rapture: Starving for Paridise

A Story by LyNay Bain
"

This is the ground shaking first book to the Angelic Demon's Rapture. In this book we zero in of a high born hellhound pup named Brooklyn, his life will soon be pulled into Jericho Bellamy's war.

"

I am Famine.

I am evil.

I am a lion in a house of lambs.

A monster who thirsts on the sins of other monsters.

I am a hound of Hell.

A creature here to collect the souls of the fools who struck their silly little deals with the devil.

I am the Hellhound Famine, and I am tired of Hell’s fire.

I am Famine, the creature who hides from his own kind in human skin.

I am a greedy thing, who wants nothing more then to be another one of the lambs.

I am a lair, a trickster, and a lost soulless thing.

Just another fool wanting to live like the children of God, even if my version isn’t so godly.

I am Famine?

Am I greedy for wanting to be like everyone else?

I don’t know the answers to my questions.

God please save my retched soulless self, for I am Famine.

I am Famine.

I am a sorry soulless monster, who longs to be one of the butchered lambs.

Damn it, I am Famine.

c     d

 

 

 

 

 

“When you have insomnia, you're

never really asleep... and you're

never really awake.”

-Narrator, ‘Fight Club, by Chuck

 

 

 

Chapter One

There I was again, laying on my back on someone else’s bed, looking up at a very dingy looking ceiling with a rickety old ceiling fan whirling haphazardly about over my head.

No I’m not a teenage male prostitute and no I’m not drunk.

I am however a very sadistic teen who has one of the most demoralizing jobs in the world.

The pay and health coverage is even worse.

You see as I laid there, moping in a rather pathetic fashion, just in the next room some drug addict was shooting himself up with a rather deadly dose of heroin.

A very deadly dose.

Thing is I was pretty sure he wasn’t going to make it to see sunrise.

In fact I knew he wasn’t.

Want to know how I know?

I know you’re taking that collective pause for the dramatic effect, so even if my answer is lame it’ll still at least sound cool.

Yes people my soul was removed to my room for all my sarcasm.

I’m just warning you now because as this story moves along my snippy remarks only get worse.

Well I knew because I had been sent to collect that this poor b*****d’s soul.

See, somewhere along this guy’s life he made a deal with another Hellhound.

Okay before you go asking me what the deal was he made just let me say, I don’t know what it was and I could care less.

My job is just collecting the dealmaker’s soul not knowing his life story.

Cruel and cold, I know.

I don’t get paid to be kind and loving.

I’m not a damn angel.

I’m a Hellhound.

I sighed as I listening the erratic pace of the guy’s heart, he was freaking out really bad.

He knew that payday on his little deal was coming up.

He knew some scary monster was coming for him and he was hopping that before the thing got to his apartment that he could kill himself and not have to suffer through whatever horrors awaited him.

I swear humans are one of the dumbest species on earth.

I mean do they really think that breaking a demonic contract with a Hellhound is going to be that easy?

So sorry to burst your bubble, but demonic deals are a bit more complex then that and the whole breaking out of them isn’t as probable as the movies and TV shows make it seem.

Believe me it’s better to just let the collectors come and get you, sure there will be a lot of blood, teeth, pain, and there’s always the part were we have to rip out you soul and devour your every sin.

Okay all that’s pretty painful, but it’s better to us do it then have the soulless, they usually eat your heart; which ends up turning the debtor into a heartless too.

Believe when I say this being a soulless is not a good thing.

If I was ever placed in this type of situation, I would really rather pick the one with the blood, teeth, pain, and the ripping out of the soul with the side order of having all my sins devoured.

Of course, I probably being bias.

“Oh s**t.”

I smirked as I heard the druggie in the next room start to feel the effects of his poison as it worked its way through his veins.

“Smart move dip wad,” I mumbled as I used my elbows to prop

myself up, “all you’ve done is make this easier.”

It was always easy to take down a drugged up debtor.

They were usually to busy tripping out over my appearance.

Yeah, see Hellhound are in human form while stuck on earth, but when we are about the collect souls are mouths go all demonic.

Basically meaning that we went all Joker from Batman and our mouths ripped open all the way to our ears; our teeth then became the equivalent of butch knife sized needles, and it got very demonic from there.

It’s pretty creepy, even for me.

I wasn’t to big on the sharp ripping pain that the shift between human and Hellhound caused.

Sure I could take a the sting of a piercing gun or the sharp burn from a tattoo, but damn it hurt like a b***h to have my mouth ripped open and razor blade fangs to rip out from my gums.

I slid off the dingy little mattress and stretched.

I could feel the sharp burning of my mark alerting me to the fact that it was time to feed.

“Oh Freddie,” I called gently as I slowly made my way to the bathroom, “it’s time to pay up.”

“Holey s**t!”

I chuckled, that was so highly original.

Hell, if I had a dime for every time I heard a human say that when I popped up out of no where I wouldn’t currently be living me immortal life as a damn squatter.

I rolled my eyes as I leaned against the bathroom’s doorframe, watching Freddie started to sweat and panic.

“You’re not going to make this hard on me, now are Freddie?”

“Get away from me you monster!”

I frowned and gave a fake pout, sure I was a monster but I still didn’t like being called one.

“That’s not very nice Freddie boy, I mean sure I’m not exactly like you, but come on, at least I’m not the one responsible for selling poison to kids. I’m not the one who beats women, or kills innocent people. No see that would be your department Freddie. So you might want to restate that comment. No who is the real monster here?”

I watched him stumbled over himself as he attempted to put distance between us.

I chuckled as I realized that this guy was going to end up on his a*s in his bath tub.

It had to really suck to be found dead in a bathroom of all places.

I had kind of been hopping that he would have stumbled out into the bedroom before my mark would begin burning; in all honesty, I hated feeding in other people’s bathrooms.

Okay, so maybe that sounds a little heartless, but I’ve always been more of a bedroom type of feeder.

Toilets, bath tubs, and dirty clothes hampers are not my style.

Yes, this is just a little insight on how cruel this story gets.

“Please! Please don’t hurt me,” whimpered Freddie as he watched me lay my head against the door frame.

I raked a clawed hand gently through my messy auburn hair and flashed Freddie boy a rather seductive look with my true golden demonic eyes.

“Come on now Freddie,” I whispered huskily, “you were told what would happen when you made the deal. So just come into the bedroom and get comfortable and I’ll try to make this as non-pain as possible.”

I lied through my damn burning teeth, just anything to get this guy out of the damn bathroom. Okay, yes I was being picky, but like hell was I about to feed in this nasty a*s bathroom.

“Alright,” Freddie whimpered as he starred into my eyes.

Yes, finally a guy who doesn’t want to go screaming and kicking like a baby.

You have to understand I am not completely cruel, yes I am picky, but this job had very few upsides and I refuse to waste sympathy on guys like this one. The whole reason this guy was about to have his soul ripped into hell was because he sold it to make a profit.

Sure I didn’t know his whole story but this guy obviously hadn’t made his deal to help people, no the freaking rubber band around his arm assured me of that.

I forced a kind smile and motioned for Freddie to led the way, that’s when the smelly b*****d flashed his true colors- he threw holey water at me.

How the hell did this little s**t get his hands on holey-freaking -water!

I quickly dodged a lethally large dose of it but still managed to get a few good drops on me, and believe me, even those smaller drops hurt like hell.

I roared out in anger as drops of the holey water landed on my face, the smell of burning flesh and the pain that followed suit only seemed to make me that much angrier.

Freddie pushed past me as I quickly tried to wipe the burning liquid from my face. I growled angrily as I turned in time to see the panicking drug dealer heading for his bedroom door.

Okay, see now I was really mad.

Nobody throws holey water in my face and gets away with it.

I turned and ran at a speed that no human could ever hope to match and slammed the door shut just as Freddie had managed to open it.

The look on the guy’s face was beyond priceless.

Stupid little fool.

“Oh Freddie boy, you’ve don it now,” I growled, “ I was going to at least a little humane, but now you just screwed yourself over buddy.”

I grinned wickedly at Freddie, giving him a full Hellhound grin.

That was what sent him into screaming fits.

No don’t judge him because he starting screaming like a little grin, be honest, if you saw a guy whose smile literally went all the way up to his ears you’d probably scream to.

“P-please don’t, I’m so sorry! Please no!”

I chuckled as I drummed my clawed fingers against the wooden door; this guy was shameless.

“I think you should really just shut now Freddie boy. See with that little half a*s attempt at offing me, all you managed to do was really piss me off.”

My hand wrapped rather tightly around Freddie’s neck as my mark burned painfully on my skin.

Damn it.

I was about to go feral on this poor guy.

“I-I’m sorry,” he sobbed.

I tightened my grip just enough to make the panic on Freddie’s face turn to all out fear.

Don’t lie! I know you aren’t sorry, I know you have never been sorry for anything you’ve done or caused. You are just another cruel son of Adam, a damn monster in the graces of God and I’m the poor sap who is forever condemned to a life of feeding off every sin you children of Adam and Eve commit! I know for a fact that your kind are never truly sorry, so don’t feed me your bullshit!”

I couldn’t hide the feral demonic tone in my voice anymore, hunger and primal demonic instincts that were centuries old were taking over and I would never be able to stop them.

I threw Freddie across the room and on to his bed, he hit the head board with a loud sickening thud and crack.

I had broken his neck and possibly cracked his skull, but he wasn’t dead.

No the debtors couldn’t die while within the bonds of their contract, they could suffer and long for death but that was a privilege they could never have.

I took a deep breath and scolded myself for making a mess of the body, now the cops were going to make an effort at an investigation.

Great, now Diabolos was going to kill me.

I growled as I made my way to the bed and crawled on top of Freddie.

I know weird freaky homo erotica moment; but honestly he’s not my type, plus I have a strict no flirting with food policy.

I grabbed the now franticly gargling Freddie by his chin and forced him to face me. I could basically smell the fear rolling of him.

I could also see he didn’t like the idea of a guy straddling him.

“Don’t worry you homophobic jerk,” I growled, “you aren’t my type. I generally go for the tall, dark, sexy, and deadly guys; which you don’t happen to be. Plus, I’m bisexual and my current interests are more focused on the fairer sex.”

I felt my teeth rip out from my gums as I gave Freddie another toothy grin. Freddie’s eyes went wide; I would’ve been lying if I had said I wasn’t having fun now.

“Alright there buddy boy it’s time for me to chow down and for you to go burn in hell. Say hey to my dad for me, he’ll be the big scary three headed dog who’s in charge of torturing you for eternity.”

I watched as Freddie’s eyes went wider then humanly possible.

“Yeah I know the family resemblance is uncanny,” I chuckled, “well bye-bye.”

I opened my mouth wide as Freddie let out a gargled screech then bit into his throat.

My eyes basically rolled back into my head as I pierced through the curse mark on his neck. I could feel every sin, every act of cruelty, and every life lost due to his actions.

The sharp metallic taste of blood filled my mouth as I bit through muscle and bone, it alerted me to the fact that I had to stop before I lost control.

Tainted blood was like a drug, or better a very rich dessert, to Hellhounds, we didn’t need it but once we drank to much of it when we pierced the curse mark we usually got a little greedy and that usually ended badly for the bodies and the debtors’ souls.

I hated having to pull back, I loved the variety of flavors that tainted blood had, it was my little drug.

I pulled back, wincing as I my teeth raked against broken bone and my mouth began to painfully stitch itself back together.

I flexed my claws and slowly started to retract as I rolled off of Freddie’s, now draining, corpse and laid silently on the bed next to him.

“Freddie boy I didn’t mean to break your neck.”

“You smug b*****d!”

I glanced up from the dingy pillow as a see through Freddie appeared at the foot of the bed- he didn’t look to happy.

“Oh shut up you,” I yawned, “you’re dead now and I’m exhausted. You humans just don’t seem to understand just how difficult it is for creatures like me to actually shift forms when we’re earth bound. Hell it’s beyond exhausting.”

“I don’t care you a*****e! You freaking killed me! Do you hear me, you killed me!”

I groaned as Freddie continued to yell, he was giving me a headache.

This guy was a very annoying thorn in my side.

I flopped back onto the pillow, then rolled onto my side, facing the dead Freddie.

His blood was starting to tempt me.

A little taste and that was it.

“Are you even listening you freaking monster?”

I rolled my eyes as I dipped two fingers into Freddie’s blood, the substance was a dark almost black looking liquid; it was thick and still very warm.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent of tainted blood, then licked the blood from my fingers.

If this guy’s blood had been a type of candy it would’ve been chocolate based. I don’t know why but drug addicts always had a chocolaty effect with their blood’s taste.

Hell even the sharp taste of the heroin in his blood tasted delicious.

“Alright see that’s beyond gross! You know what I hope I have some kind of STD just so you catch it you sick b*****d.”

I threw Freddie the bird and inhaled the soothing scent of death in the room.

“It wouldn’t matter,” I yawned, “human sicknesses don’t effect my kind.”

“Damn you,” growled Freddie.

I laughed as I found myself watching the ceiling fan again.

“Sorry to break it to you Freddie boy but you’re about a couple million years late on damning me. Been there, suffered that, and currently became bitter from it.”

I took a quickly peek at the digital clock on Freddie’s dresser top, and relaxed further into the soft dingy sheets of the lousy mattress.

“Well Freddie, if I were you I would start praying to whatever ‘God’ it is you believe in.”

I could physically feel the air in the small apartment bedroom starting to crackle with electric energy- they were coming.

I rolled off the bed and lazily made my way to the bedroom door, I really had no want or need to see Ezekiel.

Angels never really understood the messiness that came with collecting debtors’ souls.

You know how Angels are, they have this whole ’violence against humans is not needed’ motto that’s been drilled into their heads.

Sure I hadn’t needed to get all violent, but hell, I’m tired of bitchy human’s throwing holey water at me just for doing my job.

I knew that trying to use that excuse with an Angel was basically little screaming at a brick wall.

Yes, that’s how tight assed Angels are.

Ezekiel wasn’t that bad but since I had broken dear old Freddie’s neck, a nice long lecture about my unneeded brutality was a guarantee.

Angels were sticklers for lectures, no matter how new age they were.

Lectures seemed to be in their DNA makeup.

“Where are you going?”

I jerked open the bedroom door, when I had slammed it shut I think I might have broke it.

“I’m going to raid your fridge for beer and take a nap on your couch,” I answered bluntly, “and you are going to stay here and let Ezekiel come to whisk you off to judgment and then Hell. That answer your question?”

Freddie responded with silent horror.

Finally I got the tosser to shut up.

“I don’t want to go to Hell,” Freddie whimpered.

“Tough s**t Mr. Big and Bad, you made the deal. I just hope it was worth an eternity in Hell.”

I closed the door behind me, and made my way to the kitchen.

I sighed as I examined the near empty fridge, there was one long neck left and I was grateful for that.

Sure Hellhounds didn’t eat human food but we thrived off their beverages, so yeah a nice iced beer every now and then was just as nice to us as it was to the children of Adam and Eve.

I used my thumb claw to pop off the cap and took a swig as I shuffled into Freddie’s living room.

Wow, big surprise, the guy’s living room was just as gross as his bedroom.

I pushed a few hundred beer cans and dirty magazines from the couch and laid down; but not before I had to drain my mind of all the disgusting stuff that had probably been done on this poor couch.

I draped my arm over my eyes as I worked on finishing off the beer, I was sure that I’d get gripe at for drinking on the job as soon as Ezekiel showed up, so finishing this thing off was important.

“Hey! Why can’t I get the hell out of this room!”

I growled as Freddie’s voice once again polluted my eardrums.

“Because, dumb a*s, your body is in that room! As long as you’re under contract you are bound to stay near that decaying lump of meat,” I shouted back.

“What! Are you for real?”

Wow, it’s amazing how humans can say the dumbest things.

Their lack of creativity at times like this never cease to amaze me.

“Yes I am for real. Idiot.”

“So is this Hell? Am I suppose to buried alive with my own dead body?”

I rolled my eyes.

I’m sure if he would’ve went back over what he said he would’ve seen how much that sentence lack any ounce of sense.

“No, you aren’t going to be locked to the body long enough to be buried with it. Someone should be on their way to pick up your soul and take you off to be judge so just sit tight and take in the last few moments you have of being somewhere where fire and brimstone aren’t.

If I were you I be taking in the scenery outside my window.”

I took another swig from my bottle and sighed happily as the air conditioner kicked on. It was hot hell in here.

(Pun only slightly intended.)

“There’s nothing be concrete, traffic, and sky scrapers outside my damn window!”

I chuckled and took another sip from the frosty beer.

“Sucks to be you.”

I listened as Freddie made quite a few comments on my moral character and family heritage.

Wow, this guy’s vocabulary a bit more extended then I had realized.

I closed my eyes and sat the nearly empty bottle on the floor maybe after this I could finally get a few winks of sleep.

I was exhausted, sore, and in need of a nice long hot shower.

I couldn’t wait to meet up with Diabolos and Zillah, at least then I could climb into Zillah’s camper and past out on her bed.

No more alleyways, dark stoops, or cardboard boxes for this pup.

Nope, just Zillah’s nice warm camper.

“I never thought I’d say this but Ezekiel better hurry his winged butt up,” I mumbled out loud.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing Freddie, just that I think your taste in beer sucks.”

That set him off on yet another cursing fit, this time it involved my grandparents and something about poodles.

This guy was pretty damn creative.

“Aren’t you a little young to be drinking anyway Brooklyn?”

There was a blindingly bright light followed by the sound of wings as a familiar voice reprimanded me.

“About time you showed up Ezekiel,” I chuckled, “the soul in there was starting to shouts out insults that made even me blush.”

I opened my eyes as the light faded away leaving only a tall hansom man in a dark trench coat in its place.

“I’m sure you deserved every word of it,” the Angel teased as he leaned back against the wall.

“Ouch that hurt. Watch wings, you keep teasing me so much and I might start to think that you just might have a crush on me.”

Ezekiel flashed me a smile that made my stomach quiver and not so angelic thoughts come to mind.

“Won’t want you to think to now would we, Brook,” Ezekiel teased.

I blushed, yes a demon can blush when residing in a human host.

I hated it when Ezekiel called me ‘Brook,’ because he managed to always make my name sound overly sexual; which usually led me to act like the seventeen year old boy that this body looked like.

I was a centuries old demon who made deals and collected souls as payment for said deals, not some little human boy whose hormones went wild every time a cute face popped up.

That was true and yet every time Ezekiel called me ‘Brook’ or flashed me that earth shattering smile of his, I managed to become putty in his hands; which then left me open for his lecture attacks.

Yup, it was that smile that had led me to be dumb enough to actually listen to his damn lectures on this and that, run errands for him, and basically do all his goody-goody angel work.

I’m a creature of Hell, alright people, so just imagine how much torture being an Angel’s lackey put me through.

Hell it was also the reason I was currently homeless and hadn’t made any deals with any humans in a while.

I was just lucky that Diabolos had given me this job or I probably would’ve starved.

See this debtor had been one of Diabolos’s, I had been sent to collect on his behalf which meant the meal was mine but all the financial crap and worldly possessions went to Diabolos.

I had no problem with that I had just needed to feed.

“What the hell is going on out there!”

I rolled my eyes, I couldn’t wait for Freddie to be gone.

“So how much damage did you cause this time Brook?”

I blushed, damn it there went that tone in his voice again.

“I broke his neck…and probably cracked open the back of his skull,” I admitted.

Ezekiel shook his head, here comes the damn lecture, time to head for the hills. I raised my hand quickly to silence the Angel.

“Not tonight wings,” I sigh, “I’m exhausted, I’m sore, and all I want is to go find a nice quiet place to sleep. I hate that this sounds so pissy, but please save the lectures for another time. This pup is not in the mood for angelic words of wisdom.”

I lay back down and stare up at the ceiling, there’s a ceiling fan in here too.

“Alright Brook,” Ezekiel sighs, “you can go I got this under control.”

I smile as I watch the ceiling fan spin in a rickety circle above me.

“Thanks Zeke,” I mumble, “ sorry about snapping and the mess in there. I’m just tired.”

I listened as Ezekiel turned and headed for the bedroom.

“It’s no big Brook, times have been hard lately and I understand that it’s been really hard on you. An earth bound high born Hellhound has a crap load of duties, but with the current state of panic between Heaven and Hell it seems to have gotten harder on you.”

I sighed he was right.

Life was currently harder then it was suppose to be.

“Yeah, s***s been really hitting the fan and only a select few seem to know why. Everyone seems to be going AWOL all of the sudden.”

I blinked slowly and as I listened to Ezekiel’s footsteps.

“Yeah. You should leave now Brook, you know demons aren’t allowed to be here when I take the souls off for judgment.”

I closed my eyes.

“I know, I’m going.”

Here I was again being pushed out on to the street.

Wow life really sucked.

* * *

 

I trudged my way down the apartment building's back alley.

Damn Ezekiel, only an angel would demand a guy like me to slip out the back door.

Don't risk drawing attention to yourself Brook. You're mouth still has those think black stitches holding it together. Take the back way and keep to the shadows, just till your human glamour reestablishes itself.

Great, once again Zeke was telling him what to do.

"I'm not actually a frick'in kid, damn it," I growled as I pulled my hood over my ead, "I'm frick'in older then he is in immortal years."

I clenched my fists as I stalked out onto the sidewalk, rejoining the clueless humans.

I hate having to interact with Angels. They are so annoying with those supiror attitudes they swing around.

Stupid Angels.

Ezekiel looked really cute tonight.

I like it whenhe spikes his hair.

He looked like a rockstar tonight.

I sighed, as I came to a crosswalk and waited for the little figure on the light to turn green.

Yeah, I was pathetic for crushing on a arrogant Reaper Angel and there was no excuse for it.

I really hated being in a human body; their emotions held less and less logic with each day.

I mean, one moment I felt hopeless and depressed over being a Hellhound, the next I was frick'in bouncing off the walls with lust and joy over having Ezekiel flashing me a mind numbing grin.

 I rubed at my face with my hands as I felt exhaustion making itself known yetagain.

Damn, I need some sleep. I got to get a hold of Zilliah and Diabolos before I kill over again.

I yawned as I pulled out my cell phone and dailed Diabolos's cell.

I slunk over into a less bright part ofthe sidewalk and leaned against the brick wall of one of the many shops as I listened to the phones ring.

"Yellow?"

I rolled my eyes, leave it to this guy to use a color as a greeting. He was a bad a*s demon wih a rep that was almost as bad as the Fallen Angel that had been going around causing trouble for the two kingdoms.

That guy was super bad a*s.

He was even cooler then Diabolos sometimesand that took alot of talent.

"Hey i this Diabolos or frick'in Sesame Street?"

"Hey Brooks."

I smirked as I heard him use his version of my nicknam, I loved hearing it come off his lips.

"How did you know? Was it my charmoing wit that gave it away or maybe my orgasmic voice?"

"It might've been a bit of both or maybe it was the caller ID alerting me to the fact that my sexy smart a*s was calling," he chuckled.

"D come pick me up. I'm full and really tired. You think Zil will let me crash in her camper tonight?"

"She's out of town right now Brook,"Diabolos informed.

I groaned in misery, that meant I was either going to end up sleeping under the stars tonight or I was going to have to find a nice abandoned little hole somewhere.

"You need a place to stay tonigh Brooks?"

I rubbed the back of my head as I swallowed my pride, I needed a nice safe place to sleep, I was basically dead on my feet.

"Yeah I do D. Could I bunk with you tonight?"

"Sure kid, I'm on my way to pick you up. Stillnear Freddie's place?"

"Yup, I'm at the bus stop next to Big Jay's Pawn Shop," I answer after I glance at all the landmarks.

"Okay, stay there and I'll be there in twenty."

"Okay, see you then."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

I closed my phone and slipped my cell back into my pocket then slid down the wall I was leaning against and sat on the dirty side walk.

I pulled my knees up to my chin and wrapped my arms around my legs.
I sighed as I felt a shiver surge through out my body.
Damn it I was cold.
I pulled my hood further down over my face and closed my eyes.
I was actually starting to miss Hell.
Sure there was a lot of screaming, and blood, and …well a lot of other bad things; but in all honesty, Hell was a piece of cake compared to this place.
It was warmer.
It had less rain.
When you had a huge a*s hangover, it was never to bright; eternal night was good for any hangover.
I pressed my cheek against the ruff fabric of my jeans.
I was tired, three weeks of no sleep can do that.
I was sore, that damn holy water, even with the small amounts that landed on me, was in my skin burning and making my sick to my stomach.
And the fact that I could  feel that idiot human’s heroin starting to sluggishly slide throughout my veins.
I hated having to collect drug addicts’ souls.
If it wasn’t for the fact that my demon blood kept drugs from effecting me, I’m pretty sure I would already have been a meth addict, a heroin addict, and many other kinds of addicts.
I whimpered as another shiver took hold of my body.
I instantly frowned as the need to be near another alpha over took me.
Sure I was an alpha Hellhound but I was a lone alpha Hellhound, meaning I didn’t do the whole pack thing; which, caused me to need another alpha when ever I was in a fragile state.
I don’t know how it made sense, considering that most of the time alphas were at each others throats, but I guess it was just something in our chemical balance that made even the strongest submit when their lives were on the line.
We were a bunch of selfish little pricks at times.
I blame global warming.
Global warming is the easiest thing to blame.
Someone’s car broke, global warming.
Someone spontaneously combusted, global warming.
The reason my life sucked, global f*****g warming.
I heard the sudden clap of thunder then the scent of rain.
I growled and started to silently urge Diabolos to hurry up, but I knew that with his scarying driving he’d probably end up crashing his Impala before he got here.
I sighed as I felt the first drop of rain land on the back of my hood.
“I miss Hell.”
Damn global warming.

 *                   *                     *

 

Diabolos showed up exactly forty minutes later.
It was just enough time for the rain to soak my clothes through and for my to start to slightly dose off.
It was the familiar sound of  Papa Roach and the familiar scent of some one of a kind body wash and cigars that alerted me to the fact that Diabolos had finally shown up.
I glanced up slowly as I watched Diabolos make his way across the street with an umbrella and a blanket tucked safely under the umbrella.
Wow, this guy was always on top of things.
I gave a little finger wave as he finally reached me, his umbrella was now keeping the rain off of both of us.
“Why in the name of Hell are you sitting out in the rain?”
“I was to tired to move,” I answered bluntly.
“Damn Brooks,” Diabolos leaned down and wrapped me into the blanket.
I snuggled into it like a damn puppy.
“Can you stand up?”
I shook my head, my legs where out of co-mission due to the fact that they were asleep and the fact the that the holy water was doing its job to cease most of my movement.
Damn that Freddie had gotten so straight up pure holy water, none of the second or third rate s**t for that little piss-ant.
Diabolos sighed as he reached down and picked me up, how he still managed to keep the umbrella perfectly still and over us will forever be a mystery to me.
Once he had me securely in his arms he caught the holy water’s scent.
“Damn it pup,” he hissed, “if I’d known that s**t face had access to stuff that serious I would’ve went with you.”
I nuzzled into the other alpha’s chest and couldn’t fight off my whimper of submission.
Diabolos was slight caught off guard, in all the centuries that we had known one another I had only submitted to him once and that had been when I had come here through the Hell Gate; I had been weak and in pain from my original form being ripped to shreds and rebuilt in the image of my current body.
“Hurts…..I hurt…..everywhere,” me voice was weak even to my ears.
“Damn it pup,” he whispered as he rushed me back to his car and slid me into the passenger’s seat.
I sighed happily as the heater was turned all the way up and Diabolos covered me with his trench coat.
I pulled both the blanket and trench coat tightly around me as Diabolos sped off for his house.
“What….took you so long to….g-get here?”
Diabolos’s hand pushed my hood back and slowly brushed its way through my wet hair.
“Traffic jam. It’s Friday night Brooks,” he answered, “some people have lives.”
I smirked, he was an a*****e even when I was sitting here sick with holy water poisoning.
His hand rubbed a sensitive spot behind my ear and cause a whimper to escape my throat.
“Submissive tonight aren’t we?”
“I’m sick…..need…an…….alpha close by,” my throat was starting to hurt.
I sighed as I thought about the possibility of me catching a human cold, that would really suck.
 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 LyNay Bain


Author's Note

LyNay Bain
This is only a little of chapter one i need to know what you guys think. am I going in the right direction with the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on March 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010
Tags: Famine, Anitchrist, hellhounds

Author