Halloween

Halloween

A Story by Lynx
"

Something I wrote for a halloween contest on vampirefreaks. http://vampirefreaks.com/u/LynxMCRomance?r=3219473. It's fiction. And not my favourite.

"

It’s Halloween. That’s it, a full stop. No excitement in a full stop. I despise Halloween.

I stare out through the bars on my window. Look at all those happy kids, smiling away without a care in the world. They don’t even know what the day celebrates they’re just running around dressed up as little monsters and robbing people of candy. Why do their parents let them do it? It’s like training for real future robbery. “Trick or Treat” my a*s.

I walk towards my bed and lay down on my back, closing my eyes in an attempt to find peace and quiet. It usually worked, brought calm. Not today however, thanks to those damn kids. Every time I thought I could finally have enough silence to think the doorbell would ring again, Marcy would open the door, and begin again the lecture she’s practically memorized.

“TRICK OR TREAAT!!!!”

“Oh hello children; Do you know the history of Halloween? It was a pagan festival, that’s what it was and now even young children are running around like little monsters, idolizing those blasphemic pagan rituals. Your parents even let you do it! God bless their souls�"hey where are you going!”

“Look lady if you’re not going to give us any candy why didn’t you just say so?”

“Wait I’m not finished yet!!” Of course by that time they would be too far away to hear her. She just ruined their ‘perfect evening’.

“Marcy, please! Let me out already I need to pee!”

“Sarah seriously, I am your mother, have some respect. You don’t have a right to call me by my first name!”

“Oh shove it Mrs. Rea.”

“You can’t talk to me like that…..” I didn’t hear the rest, her voice really faded in comparison to the more soothing sounds of Inhale Exhale’s “Not Ready to Die” blaring through my headphones. She won’t be letting me out for a good long while now. Too bad, I really, really have to pee.

I understood why she was upset about this whole thing, I mean it is a pagan ritual after all but does she really mistrust me that much? Does she think I would really go out and join those future druggies with their celebrations and free copulating. I’m a teenager now, I know better.

I close my eyes again, letting my being sink into the music, letting it take me over, letting myself forget. Forget that I’m 17 and don’t have a life at all, forget that I’ve never had a real friend, forget that I’ve never really taken more than a few steps outside of this house, forget that everything that I’ve ever known about anything came from the internet, and God knows the internet is often if not always inaccurate. A virtual life, that’s all I have. Now those people outside, the junkies and alcoholics and future robbers may very well go to hell when they die, never having a chance to get to know the Lord, but at least for now they felt like they belonged. What do I have? Love from a God who is always there for me, but never answers me straight on anything, and always keeps me in this room, in this house.

Oh how I despise Halloween.

© 2010 Lynx


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very good. You carry the reader along with the story. It's never overdone.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is disturbing that she lives, locked in her house. She access to the Internet, couldn't she get some help? Or does her mother have her that brainwashed?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sounds really good. I can almost feel your anger about the little children celebrating Halloween. Good write. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010

Author

Lynx
Lynx

Jakarta, Indonesia



About
Hi I'm just gettin back into writing again. more..

Writing
Bliss Bliss

A Story by Lynx