people

people

A Poem by Lyric


Good people are hard to find.
Good friends are even harder to find.
Something that truly "is delicate and rare", and priceless in that way that literally means, and is, 'priceless'
So much so, in fact, that it's hard to let go of something that literally cost you 'nothing'.
Nothing.
Not contribution of any kind, not, anything. Yet someone can still put up with your bull like you've given them everything they own and more.
That's what makes it painful. The idea that someone cares enough about me to not even care about themselves anymore.
"When love and life are fair" that means you're doing something wrong. When love and life are perfect that means someone's taken on your life and your problems. I've never understood why the best people are the people who are unloved and live triple shift lives, constantly working to uplift and help everyone but themselves; but the worst sit at home with everything they could ever want while acting like status makes them better than the people who love them enough to give them what they have.
You like "to dance upon air" being so damn sick headed and dumb that you think yourself special. Only to find yourself falling to your death in the end.

© 2015 Lyric


Author's Note

Lyric
Sorry about the quotation marks this is for a contest and the owner asks participants to quote the lines they wanted us to use

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

88 Views
Added on May 26, 2015
Last Updated on May 26, 2015
Tags: poem, pride, friends

Author

Lyric
Lyric

Newark, NJ



About
Hi, I love to write and I'd just really like some feed back on all of my stuff, and I love to read other poets'/writers' work more..

Writing
The poet The poet

A Poem by Lyric