Log off

Log off

A Poem by Lyric
"

Texting while driving

"
The road approaches steadily as she lifts her head above the traffic every few seconds.
She's not hesitant to push safety boundaries. Is her life meaningless? Is she worth no more than just another, dirty, attention w***e peasant?
The kid who's dumb enough to find snapping a picture for Insta more so pleasant than keeping her and every one else alive.
Drive, b***h, drive because these people really need you to figure out with way to swipe.
Log off.
I know you didn't listen to your mother, or your father, or that aunt you hate, and that you ignored your brother but I'm like you.
Listen to someone. And don't be such a damn fool.
Please. If only you knew how many angels who died from this are praying for you. How many people wish they would have tried to drive, when they were trying to be cool.
These people don't f*****g care who you are. Or what you want to be. These people care about how many times you'll like their pictures, how long you'll stay hooked on their stupid meaningless insanity.
It's sad that you can't see it.
Honey take it from me. There are some teenagers who would kill to be in a place you don't want to be.
What you're doing takes lives, wait till you get to where you're going cause believe me compared to death time is free.
If I hit you would I check your twitter posts? Do you think I'd follow you on Facebook? Is that what I'd want to see? Or would I be more concerned about your well being, and your family?
If I hit you, do you think I'd care what you were doing?
When your nieces and nephews ask how you died, do you want your brother to tell them you were cooing at some pervert on the Internet?
I bet not.
In your grave it won't matter that Rusty hasn't messaged you back yet, or which stranger thinks you're hot.
You've already lost enough to this now hold on to what you've got.
Please.
Don't prove our generation to be as air headed as we are perceived.
It's not that hard save us all set and example and just leave the site.
Fight. And look outside for once. At the planet that keeps you from dying. Please don't say this poem doesn't apply to you, you're lying.
I'm tired of seeing this stuff on the news, it's tiring and retarded.
Commercials and billboards do nothing. No one's trying to look up at that.
Give yourself a pat on the back.
Making money off of something like that.
Log off. Put the phone down. Do it for yourself. Not for them and not fot me. Or you're going to drown in your own vanity.

© 2015 Lyric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015
Tags: driving, texting, teens, social media

Author

Lyric
Lyric

Newark, NJ



About
Hi, I love to write and I'd just really like some feed back on all of my stuff, and I love to read other poets'/writers' work more..

Writing
The poet The poet

A Poem by Lyric