I need to see you...

I need to see you...

A Poem by Lyrical Love
"

This came to me at a moment-when I needed to wake up

"

 

 

 

I need to see you differently

Not as my other half

I am burying that in my past

I need to see you differently

For me to see you I have to trust

That is gone and survival is a must

I need to see you differently     

Not as my future, not as my king

That is why I have switched my ring

I need to see you differently

As someone who will soon depart

You are no longer there in my heart

I need to see you differently

For my beginning to arise

I am sorry you are not privy to my prize

I need to see you differently

And I wish you well, and to become new

For my love was right. Just not for you.



© 2008 Lyrical Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You've built up such a great reputation in my mind that I
have come to expect nothing but great poems from your hand.
This is a marvelous piece, that seemed to be written just after
your alarm clock woke you up tp a new reality. I could almost hear u
talking to yourself, telling your mind to be strong, reprogramming your
thoughts I am hooked to your work. Another great write Lyrik!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Emotions well written
We all have to wake up from time to time
Our love for a partner sometimes lets the heart to put blinders on our eyes
Sad that the heart gets stomped on from time to time
I enjoyed the write
Ray

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sorry, sai, for the belated comments. But, let's just say this caught my eye first in my long list of Requests.

And, after reading it, I'm not surprised. Like a good number of the others here, I too am in recovery, or at least still bitterly remember well enough, the pain of severance. However, I can relate, as at least in my instance, the circumstances did involve--indirectly--both of us "grasping something we weren't totally ready for," to use her words later. In truth, while I could see myself saying these words to her, she can just as well be saying them to me.

But enough of my rambling about myself! The poem, the poem!

The speaker has regret, bitter regret obviously in that subtle manner. I could see them speaking this at either two points in time...when they've gotten over the worst of it and are thinking this realization, and when they actually KNOW the realization. Is the speaker sincere? Most definitely. Is the speaker missing those old, golden times? Yes. But--depending on when they are saying this, as pointed out earlier--this could be coming out with still some bitterness left, or none at all. Biting the bullet and moving forward is different than being free and moving forward. The speaker wants that freedom, and has shrugged off the worst of those old bonds, but enough still cling. Mayhap both we the audience, and the speaker themself, can only hope that now after this has been said those bonds will have finally snapped.

But, just as love is reciprocal, so too must the severance. And if it was so, if the Other understands, then the speaker will truly be free, will KNOW the realization.

In short, thankee sai, for doing what poets do. Putting to words that which others can only feel.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a soul touching quiet rant on individuality.
The realization is beautiful.
good job,
and
thank you.

:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow...maybe its just cuz i broke up with my fiance, but that touched me deep.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My word, this piece gave me the chills. How haunting....and such a beautiful way to claim a departure. Lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I thought this piece was absolutely phenomenal, these words really touched me. Even though the wreckage that my life is sometimes does not entirely relate, I still saw it there anyway. Just in learning how to find the strength to move on rather than hold onto something from the past. And I really do think it takes more strength to live and let go than it does to hang on. I apologize for being on the edge of rambling a bit, but ultimately what I wanted to say was that your poem really was very moving. Great work. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Every now and again I like to read simple yet powerful poem...
Thanks for writing it!
I like the font lol
My favorite part was the last three lines, it was rather thought provoking and I'm glad I read it!



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its nice how the font compliments the poem... (that was a lame comment but it gets better i swear)
i like the situation, youre a powerful woman who knows whats best for yourself, and its apparent even to the lat line "my love was right, just not right for you"

so good! and so nice to read. thanks for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This would be a pleasant goodbye if it didn't imply that He was somehow holding Her back from becoming Her best... As it is, it reads subtly bitter, in the sense that if She has truly made piece with moving on, there would be no bitterness... Nonetheless, the topic of discussion hits home in every home known to man... Peace

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Healing is great when you can go back and read it and feel how you've grown as a person. and you will see it differently too. Good write. Honest and true.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

610 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 21, 2008

Author

Lyrical Love
Lyrical Love

DEEEE-TROOOOOIT, MI



About
Lyrical Love more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..