What's Our Problem?

What's Our Problem?

A Chapter by Ms. Starr
"

first real log; pissed due to my questioning, stubborn behavior getting me in trouble with two teachers and my mom. skill.

"
December 11th, 2009

Teenagers are stupid.
That’s the belief, isn’t it? Teenagers are all ridiculous, disrespectful, non-caring, irresponsible, oblivious kids who are stupid. They know nothing of the world except for what the Adults with a capital ‘A’ know.
Because they are superior.
Adults with a capital ‘A’ are superior while Teenagers are inferior and not worth anything more than what the Adults had. Teenagers with a capital ‘T’ because they’re juvenile delinquents and need to be handled with whatever care will make them shut up and listen. Usually, the choice of care is no care at all, whether or not the Teenagers are even talking. Which they usually aren’t.
But who cares about the slowly, rapidly building anger and depression in the Teenager’s eyes. They are stupid. Their opinions will pass, their longings will disintegrate, and they will shut up.  If they don’t, they will be punished. And they don’t want to be punished.
So they will shut up.
They will scream and yell and cry for awhile, but they are too young, they are too stupid to dwell.
Their emotions aren’t real, because of course they do not know what the Adults with a capital ‘A’ know. Adults are smarter, wiser, better, so they will not be punished. They never made mistakes because they were never Teenagers.
Being a Teenager with a capital ‘T’ is a disgrace, so the Adults were never Teenagers.
Because the Adults are superior.

They were here first, so they will not be punished. They never make mistakes. Only Teenagers do that. Stupid Teenagers who will always be wrong, or until the shut up. And they will shut up.
But Teenagers aren’t stupid. They’re real and passionate and they long and wish and
we
will not
shut up.




Site Contents Copyright 2010-Elysia Starr-All Rights Reserved


© 2010 Ms. Starr


Author's Note

Ms. Starr
adults: don't question this. please. just try to look at it from our view. this isn't a debate; i'm not looking for whether you think my opinions are wrong or right. this is about how it effects you. deeeep down. in that inner teen of yours. you know it still rocks out to pennywise every once and a while. c'mon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

sometimes i feel like this too sometimes i wish one of a random day adults will become teeengers and know what it feels like they think geting straight a's is easy everything is easy we are just making things dramatic ! i agree with you totally !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can relate so [inset word] much! Finally, someone got the Teenager's perspective out, instead of the Adults. Excellent writing, I enjoyed reading it.
And it's Adults who think like that who really make me seethe.
~N~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Looks like you're going to lead a revolt. I'm in.
[laughs]

Alright, very interesting stand point. Pictures a teenager's brash demeanor and an adults encompassing control. Which are both detrimental and beneficial to the relationship they share. I'm looking forward to hearing your other thoughts on the matter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha, I'm still a teen and will be for the next few 3-4 years ... I honestly loved your insight on Teens and Adults. Very amusing in a way for me. I'm still interesting in reading on, so that's a very good thing, seeing as I don't read anything I cannot enjoy. Again, good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 29, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2010
Tags: teenagers, adults, battle, wrong, right, misunderstanding


Author

Ms. Starr
Ms. Starr

MA



About
I enjoy writing. I don't do it enough. I'm unmotivated, uninspired, and have learned that unless you are deemed important or special enough for modern society, your words will generally go unheard. I'.. more..

Writing
oh, god. oh, god.

A Poem by Ms. Starr


speak speak

A Poem by Ms. Starr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..