The cycle of birth and death...

The cycle of birth and death...

A Story by MADAM
"

Before birth, what do you see? after death, where do you go?

"
The cycle of birth and death...

All I could remember was the beat of an accelerating drum and a flash of red and white. For a moment everything was dark, but slowly I started to see a most wonderful sight. A sea of lights surrounding me, cradling me in colors I had never seen before. Each had a small warmth that stroked me as they passed by and played idly around me. I felt no emotion, but I wanted it to stay like this. This utmost calm seemed to last an eternity and seconds at the same time. I never knew how long I was in this state, but soon I started to notice less and less lights. I didn't take it into account until I could only see a few stray ones above and underneath me. There was a loud howling of wind and strange sounds and below was an endless abyss which I didn't even know existed before hand.
As I looked down at the lights beneath me I noticed that they started to take the form of exotic entities. I hadn't even noticed that I was doing the same thing, then suddenly I felt myself falling. When I tried to reach up, I found that my hands were malformed, but quickly changing. Suddenly I wasn't falling anymore, it took me a while to realize this, but I found that I could see other lights lined up  in a perfect manner. They were all small little beings that were curled up into a ball. I found that I myself was in that position, but I couldn't move!
I along with the others grew restless and began struggling. As I waged war upon the invisible entity, I didn't see that some of the others had begun disappearing. I was too busy struggling...
For what? Why was I struggling? But before I could stop to think I saw a warm flash of red cover my vision. I felt blinded and scared and felt an immense wave of pressure and suffering. My soul was in anguish, and immense sadness, and I heard myself make a sound. I wasn't sure what it was at the time, I had never heard it before, and this only terrified me more. I felt a substance around me and in front of me. I tried desperately to remove it and sure enough it got out of the way. Slowly, the red transitioned to white. Suddenly I saw colors and shapes around me. It was odd and bewildering. Although there weren't as many colors as before, this place was completely different. It seemed like these colors stretched on and on and there were strange giants that walked among it, carrying me from place to place. The odd mantel that covered my being was a hassle, but when I rubbed at  the substance it became a red color and the giants placed a soft arrays of pinks and blues on them. I was covered in these colors, but I felt little concern as it felt warm and soft.

I began to feel strange and somehow I knew that If I didn't satisfy this need I would cease to exist. I didn't want to question the preordained knowledge of the world and looked desperately for someone. A giant looked down at me and put a substance in my mouth and I felt relaxed. This is what I needed right? It sure felt that way....and slowly but surely, I lost consciousness.

This world was strange, but as I grew, the memories of the old ones quickly faded. I learned many things about this world, but at times, I felt sad.
Thats when I would close my eyes and see the remnants of the beautiful lights which were imprinted into my mind. I felt comfort at watching them and often wondered if others saw them as well.

On the day of my death, I had been closing my eyes as well when it happened. I wasn't aware that I would die, but once I did, the sadness I had felt upon entering, went away in an instant, and everything faded once again with the beating of a drum, dying away slowly....

© 2014 MADAM


Author's Note

MADAM
**NOTE**
"substance" is skin XD so when they try to pul away the "substance" from in front of them, its the baby trying to open their eyes for the first time ^^)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This world was strange, but as I grew, the
memories of the old ones quickly faded. I
learned many things about this world, but at
times, I felt sad.

Actually that is great. How a live one can think about dead..... and most amazing.. about new born.
Criticle write about live and dead.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This world was strange, but as I grew, the
memories of the old ones quickly faded. I
learned many things about this world, but at
times, I felt sad.

Actually that is great. How a live one can think about dead..... and most amazing.. about new born.
Criticle write about live and dead.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm, interesting... This is the topic few dared write about. I like how you made my mind soar beyond the ordinary.

Posted 10 Years Ago


MADAM

10 Years Ago

Tank you^^) I had a somewhat clear image going in my head too, maybe thats why ^^)
I think you had a slight missing word in your second paragraph "...that they started to take form of exotic entities." Other than that. Yea this was something to take in

Posted 10 Years Ago


MADAM

10 Years Ago

thanks for pointing it out >.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014
Tags: birth, death, before, beginning, end, lights, soul, baby

Author

MADAM
MADAM

About
I love to write poems and create elaborate stories, I also draw art on deviant^^) I am currently making one of my stories into a manga:3 I am very passionate about my ideas, but I'm open to opinions a.. more..

Writing
Flower Flower

A Poem by MADAM


Ego-dreamer Ego-dreamer

A Poem by MADAM