Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Truth

Truth

A Story by Cody Wiggins

There is nothing quite as cold as the wing blowing in your face, yet you feel nothing
Nothing as dark as a morning in which you wish the sun never shined
Nothing as empty as a heart that can no longer bear the pain. Not again.
In the brief moments before we pass I will live out my life again and in those moments I will see her and those feelings will disappear. Even if its for the faintest of moments itll be worth it to feel loved one more time. You never quite realize how dark, alone and cold this world truly is until you find someone to be with and lose them. The moments that once made the world stand still now sit the back of my mind as the world races forward. The days in which I awoke and felt that there would never come a day that I felt sadness those are what I need. So please I ask this of you. When I do pull this trigger when I let slip the memoties of my past and you watch me fade know this. In an instant ill no longer exist on this plane but for that brief fleeting moment....ill remember what it means to truly be happy. Do not save me for there is nothing to save me from, do not cry for me for I do not wish you to feel anguish whilst I feel nothing and do not wish there was something you could have done this was my decision and it was made long ago. I only wish that the moment could last just a bit longer....now please...go. Go live your life to the greatest it can be and when you find that soul that enriches your life and fills it with passion and meaning, dont let go. Hold on tight and hope that the ride never ends.

© 2019 Cody Wiggins


Author's Note

Cody Wiggins
I honestly dont know what to turn this into. I usually write poetry vut this monolougue was rooting around in my mind and I want to see it come to life I just dont know how. Id like some help. If you have an idea let me know we can brainstorm and maybe perhaps you could be the one to breathe life to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was a heavy. honest read...'truth' fits this perfectly.
it has potential to be a beautiful poem. but that is not to say it has no worth as is.
{i know this is an old write ~ hope things are not so dark as of late.}


Posted 2 Months Ago


I can definitely feel the pain of the writer. Does he/she really want the lost love to move on? the love is sustained. Is he/she that unselfish or is there more to it? I would want to know how they met, what was the attraction, to "hear" conversations between the two, happy events and what went wrong. You could also have the other person telling his/her side of the story. This story is so poetic. You have a great way of using words to evoke emotions.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2019
Last Updated on October 12, 2019
Tags: Sad, death, love, loss, pain, suffering, lost, grief, story, truth

Author

Cody Wiggins
Cody Wiggins

Ft. Campbell, KY



About
I'm a soldier I"m all around a little strange. I love to be unnatural i love to be abnormal. Who really wants to be normal anyway. I like all people except for criminals duh. Absolutely lov.. more..

Writing
Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Cody Wiggins


For you For you

A Poem by Cody Wiggins