The way the world ends

The way the world ends

A Story by Cody Wiggins
"

My fight or at least the dream of it.

"
Hi, My name is Cody Wiggins. I was chosen for a top secret mission by the military. I would be using a drug that would help in ever aspect with no down falls. I Can only take it once a day though. Any more and i could die. I set up my identity and my life in a small town thinking know one could find me. I was wrong. We had no warning, no preparations, no soldiers. We had to rely on our on skills and what we had. It all started on a normal day.
       The day was  as common as the wind. Yet, it had an ominous feel to it. On that day my life was ruined. On that day the world was almost taken over. We were all sitting in class when a news station came on with a news bulliten came on. An alien race was fighting it's way towards our school no one knew why but me. I knew that they we're following and hunting me down. I got so tired of it. I ran to the front office.
       I yelled for an assembly on the intercom. Instructing all teachers and student to meet in the gym. As they filled in i wondered what to say. When i got up and spoke I told them who I was and what I was doing. At first they didn't believe me, but a my story went on they couldn't believe i was lying. I told them that even though they were civilians they could still help. Some stood, some cheered, some cried. When it was all over i had my own little troop of 19 soldiers. Including me making 20. I thought that now we have a chance. Then they asked a question.
        Weapons. They had no idea what to do about weapons I did i was ready for it. I had been planning this for years. I told them to all pick a locker. They did as instructed. Then i said put in the code 9-1-1. When they did four or five lockers in that row opened. Inside the secret room were weapons and armor. They could not believe their eyes. How was this possible. I told them to pick weapons based on their skills. Some chose sniper rifles. Some chose assault. Some pistols and knives. Some chose Rocket Launchers and grenades. I told the snipers and rockets to get on the roof. As they did i pulled out some artillery of my own. In my lockers were two mounted machine guns. With plenty of ammo.
        Weapons, soldiers, reason. Thats all you need to fight a war and we had all three. At exactly 2:30 p.m when we should be at home asleep exhausted from class we were holding our post at school ready to defend it to the last.

© 2010 Cody Wiggins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked the plot of your story. However, people in the real world wouldnt act the way you have them acting. Place a group of people under major threat from unknown thing, a threat that only exists to them because of you,,, then give a bunch of teen aged boys and middle aged teachers (no doubt the gym teacher and shop teacher taking point) guns. They are more likly to shoot you or eachother then the enemy.
people nice and neatly organizing into an effective fighting force? only in the movies.
But I did like the plot and your pacing. Looking forward to reading more of your work

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the plot of your story. However, people in the real world wouldnt act the way you have them acting. Place a group of people under major threat from unknown thing, a threat that only exists to them because of you,,, then give a bunch of teen aged boys and middle aged teachers (no doubt the gym teacher and shop teacher taking point) guns. They are more likly to shoot you or eachother then the enemy.
people nice and neatly organizing into an effective fighting force? only in the movies.
But I did like the plot and your pacing. Looking forward to reading more of your work

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 15, 2010

Author

Cody Wiggins
Cody Wiggins

Ft. Campbell, KY



About
I'm a soldier I"m all around a little strange. I love to be unnatural i love to be abnormal. Who really wants to be normal anyway. I like all people except for criminals duh. Absolutely lov.. more..

Writing
Truth Truth

A Story by Cody Wiggins


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Cody Wiggins


For you For you

A Poem by Cody Wiggins