Homesick

Homesick

A Chapter by SeihouThePandaHero

It was a cloudy, late afternoon in October. The weather had just turned cold, and people are now wearing overcoats and hats. As the people walked in the café, they let out a sigh of relief as they are greeted by artificial warmth, and the sweet scent of hot chocolate. Everything was designed to give the customers a warm welcome, and it did its job. Gentle colors that indicated autumn were equally placed all around the shop, and the atmosphere was just right. The cafe's specials were pumpkin based, and the scent of pumpkin, cinnamon and apple, along with a few spices, can be smelled from a few yards from the café.

It was a slow day at the café. Luna was sitting at the counter in front of the kitchen, wearing her working uniform: a white dress shirt with a green skirt and a black apron tied around her waist. Luna smiled and greeted some of the regulars, then continued to put her head down, looking out the window. She was feeling a bit down. Being on vacation is nice and all, but she missed her job, and she wanted to go back really badly. The café was located somewhere in the North, a couple of hours away from the base. She had only stayed there for at least three days, but she was miserable. She couldn't imagine being away for another four days.

A few minutes had passed, customers came and left. Luna turned to the chef and sighed. "You want to go back, don't you?" He replied as he stirred the pot, giving her a sympathetic look. Luna nodded and stood up, getting the orders on a tray and continued to work. She went into the kitchen and grabbed herself a cup of coffee, watching the chef cook as she waited. Luna turned to see a light brown haired man in a military uniform, along with a woman in a wheelchair. They headed to where Luna was, the man having a smirk and the woman looking at her with kind eyes.

"Mother! Uncle! What are you doing here?" Luna asked, pleasantly surprised. She quickly saluted, then gave them a big smile. "We're here to see how your very first vacation is going." Erich, the man with light brown hair said happily. Esmay watched her daughter closely. Luna shook her head. "I want to go home. I miss my office, I miss my family. I miss seeing Kimchi and Uncle sleeping everywhere. I miss drinking tea, making more medicine for the mafia.... I miss everything!" She exclaimed. Erich laughed before Esmay nodded slowly.

"A week of vacation seems to make you homesick," Esmay said thoughtfully. "If you really want, we can take you home now. It's not the same without you either, Lieutenant General." Erich replied as he placed a flower crown on Luna's head. Luna laughed as Erich placed another one on his head. Esmay gave Luna a small smile.

"Indeed, let's go home."


© 2015 SeihouThePandaHero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on March 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2015


Author

SeihouThePandaHero
SeihouThePandaHero

katy, TX



About
I love anime, and Manga! more..

Writing