Pearls

Pearls

A Poem by MOON

Pearls of life lying on the ocean floor

winds of change and tears that from my eyes fall

 say you love me when the savage  wind calls

wake me from the sorrow of ice cold shores

 

dreaming  I have walked with you at my side

waltzing in time holding touching the sky

sometimes a fall  yet we would always glide

Beyond the grey misery we would fly  

 

dwelling in paradise adorned with gems

 stone worn by  kings blunting a poison pen

The past is gone and the future is when

we still the pain, bleeding hearts and then

 

life will find us on the dark ocean floor

life will find us bringing us to the shore

© 2012 MOON


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The pearls of life, meanwhile pearl through the many years on the deep and darken seabed, But the end is in sight ... There are miracles ... I feel the positivity in your ending, beautiful moon. The structure too. It has a special touch...

Lovely.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This makes me think of how long it takes for a speck of sand to become a pearl. I think, too, of the ones I have seen that were not fully formed and for some reason had been taken too soon. The pearls that are allowed to age, grow, develop in those dark places are the ones most valuable and beautiful. Thank you for painting with your pen and heart.

Especially like those last two lines.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I read this last week but was unable to type. This is one of my favorite poems you have written. The metaphors and images painted are a wonderful, yet stark reminder of of how meaningful blessed relationships are. A pearl is a beautiful thing, Moon. You have woven its' symbolic beauty into an emotional piece of truth dripping with pearls of wisdom....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very pretty and delicate words flow through the lines...as a petal floating softly to earth. Beautiful poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know, I think many times over, life both drags us down to the depths and brings us back to dry land. But pearls live at the bottom, and somehow I think, they are there to show us that beauty survives no matter what is going on at the surface. I love the imagery, Moon. We can not find the pearls without braving the storm. So beautifully done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The pearls of life, meanwhile pearl through the many years on the deep and darken seabed, But the end is in sight ... There are miracles ... I feel the positivity in your ending, beautiful moon. The structure too. It has a special touch...

Lovely.

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

darn you!!! your writing is way to good. keep it up!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful, I love how you tied in pearls, paradise, the ocean, and love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
good and beautiful..well done..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful and meaningful lines that reflect wonderful images of togetherness. I like the relevance of the title to the last lines - it gave such an impact to the theme.

Posted 1 Second Ago

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1594 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012

Author

MOON
MOON

Writing
Mina Mina

A Poem by MOON


Everlasting Everlasting

A Poem by MOON


Covet Covet

A Poem by MOON



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse