Anger

Anger

A Poem by MOON

So the silence rages in your head,

You believe all love is dead.

Diets of bitter seeds fed,

This is life this is where you have fled.

 

Around you on eggshells we tread

Lofty promises and laughter shred

Blackened you have taken to your bed.

Opening old wounds and the past long dead.

 

Here I come with glowing smiles all clad.

You bite your lip, you believe you led,

To the undoing, love crimson red.

 Still to the demons of your mind you are wed.

 

© 2012 MOON


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with Angelink, I think that last line is the most powerful and thus my favourite. I like that it takes the struggle with this emotion in to the spiritual realm, as well as having it displayed out in the world and within oneself. Very good write.

D.C.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

'Anger'
MOON,
Anger is a solitary place, a lonely place. It confines us in walls of our own choosing and we become the victim and the captive. We become our own jailer. The above poem is given a position viewed from the outside by the narrator. In that humanity we can identify. Anger if left unchecked will take over. I found this poem telling and a warning.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 4 Years Ago


I agree with Angelink, I think that last line is the most powerful and thus my favourite. I like that it takes the struggle with this emotion in to the spiritual realm, as well as having it displayed out in the world and within oneself. Very good write.

D.C.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Very interesting piece of writing,sort of unconventional rhymes.
I enjoyed reading. :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Wow powerful writing, I was drawn to the title because anger used to dominate me and my life. My favorite part is the last line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written, thank you for the read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well written and apt description of what Anger does to a person - it imprisons him/her. Your lines laid out the realities that anger does, the repeated rewinding of past hurts, record keeping of offenses, while in silent growth it develops tendrils of bitter roots that wrap the heart in coldness and "darkness" (Blackened). The last lines also reveal the source of Anger ("demons") and its inability to take in care ("smiles") or life ("love crimson red") because to Anger it is wed. I like the style, natural flow, and the frank presentation of this poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Why are angry people really difficult, Sorry I don't agree with here under... they are only difficult for those who not understood them. And maybe didn't recognize the feeling. Difficult is a easy layed up word. All what is difficult, for example is for me to solve, and to explore. Some don't. My point is clear. As everyone has his/her own living or growing path.

YOUR POEM moon: once again... is amazing, Bitter is not per definition poor love, bitter can be bitingly hot. Like I love a bitter aftertaste in a beer, on a hot summer day.... But (that's my stuborn opinion) I got your wonderful point dear.

I belief, this write as for the one you wrote it, left behind marks of ways to Rome, in a sandal hike, to reach it. She had some powers, as you spit defence.

Amazing poetry, only those true felts I give a 100!

E.L.





Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


the similes, epithets and imagery are v intriguing. The emotion 'anger' appears as fetters, or as uncontrollable denial of happiness from an impure heart (since there are traces of contempt), and yet, it is a pure heart beating like of a normal person because it is such a natural feeling that every person possesses at one time or another. The climatic end is very moving with an untenable last say.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1516 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012

Author

MOON
MOON

Writing
Mina Mina

A Poem by MOON


Everlasting Everlasting

A Poem by MOON


Covet Covet

A Poem by MOON



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by MOON


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Moonlight Moonlight

A Poem by MOON