The Flowers Died on Monday

The Flowers Died on Monday

A Story by yuhee
"

Just made a prompt I saw on pinterest "The flowers died on Monday"

"
The flowers died on Monday. Slowly the once blooming cherry trees now became one of those dead trees in the old cemetery just around the corner of his house. It was spring yet the wind howls its mourning as the smell of death spread throughout the place. Despite of the inviting weather, he won’t take a single step out of his room. No he vowed never to get out of his room since the flowers died on Monday. He fears what will haunt him once he left his comfort zone so he won’t for everything that was outside reminded him of that one lone flower he once saw. That flower among those flowers which died on Monday.





The blue sky like of those eyes looking at him so tenderly and the warm soil of earth that reminded him of those sweet hands he loves to hold. That ghostly visage at the back of his mind and the past he had left behind. All of it would definitely come to get him once he set a foot outside of his abode and that thought scares him to his bones. He wanted to forget all but that flower is seems unforgettable. Perhaps it was a curse, an ill curse set for him to suffer when that flower dies and so it did. On that Monday, first Monday of winter, as the trees start to shed their leaves, those flowers slowly wilt then soon it had died together with his beautiful flower, his precious beautiful flower he had loved the most, the same flower that had caused him this tremendous grief and fear even though that Monday had already passed.

© 2020 yuhee


Author's Note

yuhee
Had been stressed out lately due to work so I decided to write a short prompt based on what I saw on pinterest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt the emotions and the struggle in the words.
"The blue sky like of those eyes looking at him so tenderly and the warm soil of earth that reminded him of those sweet hands he loves to hold. That ghostly visage at the back of his mind and the past he had left behind."
The above lines. So honest and the statement so worthwhile. Thank you for sharing the amazing story my friend.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Beautifully expressed, I don't usually read stories as some are long, but I decided to try yours and felt the sadness within each word as though a painted picture flowed across my mind. Nicely done.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2020
Last Updated on April 30, 2020
Tags: prompt, death, grief, sadness, fear

Author

yuhee
yuhee

XII, Philippines



About
Altschmerz. Jouska. Nodus Tollens. ツ A pretty average girl with complexity and madness inside. Expressionism is ❤ I write to express. I like reading Dan Brown's, Mitch Albom's, Lauren .. more..

Writing