To you, the one who got away

To you, the one who got away

A Story by yuhee
"

In the story of ours, what's only left was a farewell.

"
Tell me what am I supposed to do? What kind of tomorrow should I search in this town? Tell me how can I even look back when I'm trying to leave the bitter memories here behind? What is hope when even the sun sets and rises again, I had already lost the other half of my soul? What words should I describe to end this love? But then, how can I ever end this love when even now that you are gone, your shadow still lingers? If prayers could really reach the heavens, will my song reach you too?
"I love you always."

This note I had once sang now turn into muffled cries and "I'm sorry". Regret always come on every ending. Why didn't I believe in it? Now regret haunts me forever.

I'm sorry. Fate was never been cruel for I think it was I. My silence hurt you but it was my words that killed you.

"Please come back to me."
It only sounds like a curse. For how many times I speak of it, a torn sonnet will remain torn and a wilted flower will remain wilted.


If next life will be possible, would you still let me by your side?

"Farewell my beloved."

© 2020 yuhee


Author's Note

yuhee
....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

When love died. Died hard and painful.
"If next life will be possible, would you still let me by your side?
"Farewell my beloved."
The above lines. Maybe a wishful wish. Thank you my friend for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Good expression of heartache and the pain of healing of loss love ;-] nicely spoken.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2020
Last Updated on July 29, 2020
Tags: grief, death, prompt, sadness, fear, love, regret

Author

yuhee
yuhee

XII, Philippines



About
Altschmerz. Jouska. Nodus Tollens. ツ A pretty average girl with complexity and madness inside. Expressionism is ❤ I write to express. I like reading Dan Brown's, Mitch Albom's, Lauren .. more..

Writing