Feathers for My Path

Feathers for My Path

A Poem by Marianne Rose
"

Written this morning, 8/1/16, a gift of a vision to help me go out into the world today.

"
My sweet guardian has shed feathers to cover the path today,
to make soft my passage into the world.
Barefoot, I feel their tender touch
tickling the bottoms of my feet as I walk.

I have caught a cup of grace-filled water in my open hands.
Some of it trickles through my fingers
before I can take a sip to wet my parched lips,
or wash my sunburned face.

These are desert days:
The drought burning the roses to a crisp;
Wildfires spreading untended;
Fiery blazes bursting from forked tongues.

The fountain within sprinkles my thoughts with blessings.
My balance is secured by
the confidence of those whose love pours forth
from reservoirs of honor and truth.

To lose heart to those who kill kindness without mercy
would be to give up my essential nature,
in which joy lives as a hearty cactus flower
opening surprisingly in the dead of night.

Where I walk, Peace follows, shimmering in white cloth.
Impermeable light fills her countenance
as she looks out from crystal blue eyes.
A wake of untimely salt-filled waters flows behind her,
mystical dolphins dancing at the borders in silver playfulness.

The soft feathers beneath my feet cover jagged rocks and pitted pavement.
My steady gait is gentle and strong.
I can feel the beating of many hearts keeping rhythm for today's life-song.

Though shadows fall before me, they cannot touch the feet
of one who walks on the feathers of angel wings.

© 2016 Marianne Rose


Author's Note

Marianne Rose
This vision stayed with me today, and I am grateful for the gift of peace it gave me. I hope it will bring some measure of peace to you too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"peace follows, shimmering in white cloth" this line brought the feeling and imagery of peace in my mind... It's morning here right now and I'm just so very mesmerized by the feeling of this write... Isn't it awesome how our invisible guardian angels guides us every single day, even though we don't always follow their signals but when we do and feel it, we find truest happiness and peace in our life... A morning in which our heart is at peace is more amazing than any feeling...

Your subject matters are so touching and it shows your close relationship with life's adventures and your experiences... Can't help myself but get thoughtful towards this write... Such a peace building poem...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman, this was truly a gift to me today, to be able to feel that closeness with the bene.. read more



Reviews

This was wonderful. I try to keep my faith alive. Sometimes it's hard. So I just cling to things I enjoy like writing. Maybe I'm not very good but I enjoy it. I liked this so much because it seemed like the words of encouragement I needed now. Bless.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Blessings back, and thank you. I think I need to reread it myself today. It stayed with me until tod.. read more
Beautiful, an elegant reminder that our guardians do indeed watch over us at all times if we choose to look for the signs :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your heart-filling review, and the affirmation that we are indeed safely guarded in ou.. read more
Ohh Marianne, my dear friend! This is beautiful. I am totally able to relate to how one feels when they are so out of place, and when their kindness and nature of love has been incongruous with others around. I would say the "These are desert days" this line describes it all. However, when one has the heart that flows with love perennially, they certainly feel the softness of the feathers. As always, I love your poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you, my friend. I am cultivating the cactus flower as best I can, with a lot of help from my f.. read more
wow, if we can walk in peace, love and contentment in this world, there must be a guardian angel dropping petals on the ground for us to tread softly...

such positive thoughts expressed...there is hope for peace if it comes from within first.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you J- I sure can't walk in peace today without lotsa help! Whether it comes from deep inside .. read more
You got your gift of peace and so sweet of you to share it with us all. It speaks volumes of the type of person that you are.
In today's world we all need this spiritual guidance that can rekindle our sleeping conscience.
Your concluding lines sent me in a trance. The shadows are something dark and can be sinister but indeed they do not touch the one who walks on the feathers of angels wings.
Thank you for sharing your light.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

So happy this spoke to you, keep kindling the inner guidance, that's what I keep getting every day. .. read more
"peace follows, shimmering in white cloth" this line brought the feeling and imagery of peace in my mind... It's morning here right now and I'm just so very mesmerized by the feeling of this write... Isn't it awesome how our invisible guardian angels guides us every single day, even though we don't always follow their signals but when we do and feel it, we find truest happiness and peace in our life... A morning in which our heart is at peace is more amazing than any feeling...

Your subject matters are so touching and it shows your close relationship with life's adventures and your experiences... Can't help myself but get thoughtful towards this write... Such a peace building poem...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marianne Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman, this was truly a gift to me today, to be able to feel that closeness with the bene.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2016
Last Updated on August 2, 2016
Tags: Angel, feathers, grace, desert, darkness, light, love, spiritual

Author

Marianne Rose
Marianne Rose

Santa Rosa, CA



About
Recently retired from a Community College as an Employment Advisor and Program Developer - such inspiring, hopeful work. New dreams of futures born out of loss and confusion stimulate the writer in me.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Restless Restless

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay