The Truth About the Keto Diet

The Truth About the Keto Diet

A Story by Mobile Styles
"

The new fitness trend that has swept the nation is the Ketogenic diet or Keto for short.

"


The new fitness trend that has swept the nation is the Ketogenic diet or Keto for short. People are obsessed with it because it promises significant weight loss in a short amount of time, a feat many Americans are obsessed with. So, just how effective is this diet? Well, here’s the truth.


Breakdown


First and foremost, here’s what the diet consists of. You drastically reduce your daily calories from carbohydrates to about 10% and increase your calories from fats to about 70%. The rest comes from protein. This diet mainly consists of eggs, butter, meat, fish, poultry, salad, nuts, and seeds. The promise is that by getting most of your calories from fat, you force your body to use different energy pathways. Instead of carbs, the body burns fat, thus entering a state called ketosis. 


The Truth: Pros


Ok, you’re curious to know the answer already. Does the diet burn fat like it’s supposed to? Yes. People that have gone Keto for a few weeks have lost 8-15 pounds. Those who have stayed on the diet for a few months have claimed to lose a whopping 50 pounds.  


The Truth: Cons


Unfortunately, there are a lot more cons than pros. Let’s start with the simple one. A lack of variety. Cutting out carbs means you’re left eating the same thing over and over again, something you’ll get tired of very quickly. 


Second, a lack of fiber. Complex carbohydrates are the only source of dietary fiber. What does a low fiber diet mean? An increased risk of constipation, hemorrhoids, cardiovascular disease, and digestive cancers. Not pretty. On that note, you’re missing out on a lot of essential nutrients that can only be found in carbs.


And lastly, fatigue, irritability, and the inability to perform effectively at the gym. This diet means you’re getting low levels of blood glucose which will make you feel fatigued throughout the day, and get headaches more often. By cutting out carbs, a major fuel source for your muscles when working out, you’ll feel exhausted a lot easier. 


The Verdict



If you want fast and effective ways to burn fat, the Keto diet is for you. Just make sure to not use it over a long period, the cons far outweigh the pros of this diet.



© 2019 Mobile Styles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on July 25, 2019
Last Updated on July 25, 2019
Tags: keto, keto diet, health, food, healthy lifestyle

Author

Mobile Styles
Mobile Styles

New York, NY



About
Mobile Styles, the leading on-demand Beauty & Health app in the U.S. delivers talented professionals to any location at any time! Our amazing app allows you to instantly find Clients or PROs from Los .. more..

Writing