Scarred (A Love Lost)

Scarred (A Love Lost)

A Story by Gabriel Firebrand
"

They say that every person has two sides.

"
They say that every person has two sides. One that's full of positives, and the other full of negatives. I am one such person. Sometimes, I do the right thing, sometimes I don't. People love me for the things they want to see me do, but this kind of bipolarity is really hard to live with.

 

I'm scarred, and there may be no cure for me. There are times I'm easy to get along with, and times that I'm so cold to everybody. It's just sad, because I'm really a good-natured person inside. If only people would try and get to know me better, then they'll understand. Though, I have to admit, no one... ...and I mean NO ONE can ever understand my perspective.

 

I have feelings for this girl, and for a short time I felt like I was in heaven. She was the highlight of my life, and I tried to give the world to her. However, when the relationship soured out, I spiraled into depression.

 

One fateful night, things changed between me and her. For the worse.

...

 

 

I woke up to find myself tied to a chair, surrounded by gasoline cans. I didn't know where I was, but all I cared about was getting out of there. Just then, I heard a voice.

 

"Hello? Somebody please! Help me!"

 

It was her voice, coming from some speaker.

 

"Baby, is that you?"

 

"Honey? Oh, thank God! I'm trapped to a chair over here, with some gas cans. I don't know where the hell I am."

 

A tear dropped from my eye, and slowly went down up to my chin."

 

"Me too."

 

 

....

 

 

"Honey, tell me what's going on with you. Walk me through it."

 

I didn't reply. I tried freeing myself from the chair.

 

I fell down, knocking over a can. I was face first on the ground, and the gasoline poured all over the floor...

 

...its taste was horrid. The liquid was already on my face, and I had no way out.

 

 

"Honey, listen. If I don't survive this, I want you to know..."

 

 

 

I hear a crash, and then some footsteps. Someone drags me out of the room.

 

 

I look up, it was the Batman.

 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?! YOU SHOULD'VE SAVED HER! NOT ME! NOT ME!"

 

Over and over again, I shouted this.

 

Fire coming from the exploded warehouse reached up across half my face.

 

I screamed in terror, the pain was indescribable. I was being burnt alive.

 

 

 

 

Rachel was dead, and half of my face was burned.

 

 

 

They say everybody has two sides, but even though it seems that I would have "two faces" from now on, I know for a fact that I only have one side. That side is the side that will forever hold a grudge against Batman. Rachel shouldn't have died that night. Batman was the one who killed the love of my life, not those explosives.

...

 

 

 

 

That happened six hours ago. I now find myself at the hospital. I touch the left side of my face. It was bandaged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Love Lost

a retelling of Two-Face's origins on the movie "The Dark Knight"

by Miguel Asistio

© 2011 Gabriel Firebrand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011

Author

Gabriel Firebrand
Gabriel Firebrand

Gotham City



About
My ultimate dream is to be a comic book writer. How can I do that, when there are many hindrances in the way of my dream? First off, I live in the Philippines, so if I actually become a comic bo.. more..

Writing
29 29

A Poem by Gabriel Firebrand