I Love You (It Was All I Could Say)

I Love You (It Was All I Could Say)

A Story by Gabriel Firebrand
"

I only had three words for her.

"

Her gaze was enough to hypnotize me. Her every move was enough to captivate me. Whenever I tried approaching her, my feet would freeze, leaving me unable to move. When I try calling her name, my throat would get clogged up, leaving me with nothing to say. I would observe her, watch her every move. She was someone different, and she caught my heart, and we barely even know each other.

 

I decided to man up, and all insecurities aside, I approached her one day as she was all alone sitting in the park bench, reading a book. The soft wind blowing her brown-colored hair which reached to her waist. The look on her eyes, I could tell she was very interested in what she was reading. Her eyes flickering quickly from left to right, with the occasional slight nudge of the finger onto the bridge of her thick-rimmed glasses. I sighed heavily, she was truly an angel. "Nothing would ever make me love her less." I said to myself.

 

I sat beside her, a few inches' distance, and watched her as she turned a page. I could sit here in the spot and watch her forever if she'd allow me to. I took a deep breath, and said "Hi."

 

There was a silence. She didn't respond. I coughed to break the uneasy silence, and tried saying it again.

 

 

"Hi."

 

 

A little fazed, she looks at me, and smiles at me radiantly, showing her shining teeth. She places her book in her lap and waves at me

 

 

"Um, how are you doing?"

 

 

She opens her hand, with all fingers stretched out and shakes them with her thumb facing her chest.

 

 

"I feel fine too." I tell her.

 

 

I take a deep sigh, and and point to my chest several times, then pounding it. I then flash my hand to her, with the middle and ring fingers bent down, then I point to her.

 

 

"I love you." was all I could say.


End.

© 2012 Gabriel Firebrand


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

@riamongoso: Haha, yes, she is. Just to put a little spin on things. Thanks for reading and reviewing!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was great. So the girl there is mute? That is so sad :( But I like the girl. Being such a bookworm and all, just like me. Haha, just kidding. Good job! ☺

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2012
Tags: love

Author

Gabriel Firebrand
Gabriel Firebrand

Gotham City



About
My ultimate dream is to be a comic book writer. How can I do that, when there are many hindrances in the way of my dream? First off, I live in the Philippines, so if I actually become a comic bo.. more..

Writing
29 29

A Poem by Gabriel Firebrand