Scent of Summer

Scent of Summer

A Story by RiNNA<3
"

Inspired when I watched the sun set.

"
The hum of the AC in the car fills my ears. The windows are completely rolled down and the warm breeze blasts across my face, entangling my black hair. My mom and I mutually agree on not conversing as she drives the silver Lexus down the wide streets of San Francisco at the speed of 15 mph. I peer through the small frame of the car and discover that the sky above is tainted with a bright tinge of orange from the evening sun. And a thought occurs, wondering if all the world is seeing this sight with me at this very moment. As I stare in awe, from the corner of my eye, I spot my mom click the button signaling a left turn. I reluctantly tear my eyes away as the silver Lexus makes a smooth turn. After my mom turns the ignition off, I turn backwards in hope of catching a glimpse of that beautiful sky, but to my devastation, the sun had set and left behind the night sky.

© 2010 RiNNA<3


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how sudden and beautiful you made it sound. There's always those little moments that should be treasured and you captured one of them. Great write. xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a great moment you've captured here. I really love the whole feel of this write, from the ride with your mom, just enjoying the moment in silence and appreciating the sky and the setting sun then the disappointment of the sunset being over and the darkness arriving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this... I'm particularly fond of sunsets and the weather in general so this was great... your description was really well done... good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 13, 2010
Last Updated on June 13, 2010

Author

RiNNA&lt;3
RiNNA<3

About
just a girl. no more, no less. someone hoping to find her passion, her dreams. a girl who wants to express herself through words and a world created by no one but herself. just a girl. more..

Writing
Speak Now Speak Now

A Poem by RiNNA<3


The Other Side The Other Side

A Story by RiNNA<3