Labels

Labels

A Story by Ki
"

(:

"
Rose has dark, straight hair and bright eyes, which she often coats in dark makeup. She wears band tees and skinny jeans with converse. She's quiet and reserved, her nose often buried in a book. She likes rock, like screamo and alternative.
Jennifer has long blonde hair and blue eyes. She's happily ditzy. She's a cheerleader and the girlfriend to the star quarterback. She always wears the latest trends. She's only friends with the coolest people. She's super rich and super cool. So what if she's hurt some people clawing her way to the top?
Anne has mousy brown hair usually tied back into a pony. She has large glasses. She prefers to wear pleated skirts and crisp collared blouses. She is very smart, and takes pride in her knowledge. She is student body president, and captain of the Mathletes and science club.
Joyce has curly auburn hair and green eyes. She likes long, flowing clothing. She's an artist. She loves to paint. She also writes and reads poetry. She listens to all kinds of music, but she likes indie folk rock best.
Emily has brown hair which is usually back in a French braid. She often wears sweatsuits and tennis shoes. She is involved in track, basketball, softball, volleyball, and soccer. Most of her friends are also in these sports. It's her life.
Leslie doesn't have any friends. She doesn't wear any kind of special clothes or listen to special music. She's not in sports. Everyone says she's nobody. And she's starting to believe them.

Without thinking, how would you categorize these girls?
Just remember, labels are for soup cans.

BREAK AWAY FROM THE MOLD
END STEREOTYPES

© 2011 Ki


Author's Note

Ki
Note: I do not believe these stereotypes. This is what society believes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's sad that the first thing that any person will think when they look at these people is a stereotype, without even thinking about what they might really act like. You know, this reminds me of a part from the movie “The Invention of Lying.” Nobody could ever lie, so when the main character told a girl to look at a pair of young lovers with large glasses and artsy-looking clothes walking through the park, she immediately said “They’re nerds.” And that's what would first pop into anyone's mind. But the man told her “Don't tell me what they look like by their appearances. Can you see how happy they are? How happy to be together? They're obviously in love.”
That's it. That's the idea. No labels.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ugh, I hate stereotypes. It doesn't define you! Take Leslie for example: she's a loner, from what I understand. People think loners are people who get high and are stupid. I think stereotypes are utter bullshit.

Take celebrities for example. They always say they've been bullied while in high school. It means they were once LOSERS. Look at them now.

I love the message you convey :) END STEREOTYPES! HERE HERE! I try to mix with everyone and help those who look like they could use a friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's sad that the first thing that any person will think when they look at these people is a stereotype, without even thinking about what they might really act like. You know, this reminds me of a part from the movie “The Invention of Lying.” Nobody could ever lie, so when the main character told a girl to look at a pair of young lovers with large glasses and artsy-looking clothes walking through the park, she immediately said “They’re nerds.” And that's what would first pop into anyone's mind. But the man told her “Don't tell me what they look like by their appearances. Can you see how happy they are? How happy to be together? They're obviously in love.”
That's it. That's the idea. No labels.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Just remember, labels are for soup cans." I loved that sentence or fragment; whatever you wanna call it. Nice little story, Ki. I find stereotypes kind of annoying. I'm with you on the idea of ending them!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 18, 2011
Tags: Labels, stereotypes, people, teens, story, ki

Author

Ki
Ki

MN



About
Hi. I'm currently not adding any additional writing. more..

Writing
We are one We are one

A Poem by Ki


Who I Am Who I Am

A Poem by Ki


Breaking Dawn Breaking Dawn

A Poem by Ki