Journals of a Southern Gentleman (Part 1)

Journals of a Southern Gentleman (Part 1)

A Story by Mackenzie Brooke
"

A history project.

"

Dear Journal  

 

May 7th  1864

 

General Lee marched us through the forest of Virginia all day today, we only laid down to rest an hour ago after finishing yet another battle.

 

I grow tired of this never ending war, everyday questioning my decision to join The Confederate army. The only thing that’s keeps me going is that in a few months I will go home to Georgia and to my darling Annabelle.

 

She sent me a letter not even two weeks ago saying she is  almost positive that the little baby growing inside of her be a girl. I write her back saying “Annabelle, you shall believe what you shall believe, but trust me whether that child be boy, girl, horse, goat, or pig I will love it almost as much as I love you.”

 

The hour is almost eleven and the clouds cover the sky tonight as I lay my head down to sleep.

 

Sincerely,

Rory McFinnigan

© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have captured so much emotion and strength in such short writing. So many men are out there right now feeling exactally like this. I see it says part one, I can't wait to see where you go with this.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing