Journals of a Southern Gentleman (Part4)

Journals of a Southern Gentleman (Part4)

A Story by Mackenzie Brooke
"

a history project

"

Dear Journal

 

May 11th 1864

 

A letter.

 

 A letter I received from Annabelle today shall change my life and hers forever. For you see on April 21st only a day after Annabelle sent me her last letter, she began to feel a sharp pain through her stomach. Her mother called the doctor to our home to see to her health, that is when Annabelle started to deliver the baby.

 

After hours of intense pain and misery Annabelle gave birth, the baby did not move, did not cry, did not breath.

 

Annabelle wrote about how she buried the little baby under the apple tree and how it was the prettiest sight you ever did saw. However no matter how much Annabelle tries to make things better it will not change the fact that the first time I see my child it will be at a grave.

 

My little girl…….. Iris.

 

Sincerely,
Rory McFinnigan

 

© 2012 Mackenzie Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I need to re read stuff, cause I think I missed some stuff, But love the tone.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2012

Author

Mackenzie Brooke
Mackenzie Brooke

wonderland



About
About Me Hello I'm Mackenzie (not my real name) and writing is my life. I love to write more then anything. I will never stop writing till the day I die. I went through a very dark period o.. more..

Writing