We Love You Emmett Till

We Love You Emmett Till

A Poem by Madame Murrell

Al though your death was over 60 years ago, your spirit lives on, beautiful Black boy....as you smile side by side with God holding your hand as you watch over the survival of your black people. Sorry things couldn't change the way it should have Emmet. Sorry the same hate that took your young soul still lives on to kill black children, particularly young black boys like yourself. Young Black boys with stars in their eyes and innocence throughout their body. Young Black boys from all walks of life who never got the chance to become a man. Al though you've been gone long before I was born, your soul lives on. It lives on through the body of young black boys who grow up into honorable men. It lives on through the love of black mothers for their young Black sons. It lives on through us all and we keep you alive everyday.
Rest in Peace Emmett

© 2018 Madame Murrell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on February 24, 2018
Last Updated on February 24, 2018
Tags: Blackness, love, unity

Author

Madame Murrell
Madame Murrell

Homestead, FL



About
Hello, my name is Kacie, I'm a 23 year old college (FIU) student with a major in Biology! and I love to write :) I am also a very big fan of The Weeknd, his voice has the power to MAKE ME SUPER WEAK!!.. more..

Writing