The simplified secularist

The simplified secularist

A Story by Madhur Khanna
"

The story of a man who starts as a confused person, in search of his true religious identity and ends up discovering that the answer is after all not necessary.

"
Ali Pandit, a young person wishes to eat meat. But is he a Brahmin or a Muslim? He himself gets confused, because he is the son Sudeep Pandit and Fatima Khan. Like every other kid in the world, he is the symbol of love that both his parents have created in order to enter a divided world. But when he burns his hand, does he pray to Vishnu or Allah? Is he the disciple of a very structured and disciplined prophet Mohammad or is he in love like Krishna with his gopis? These questions have time and again been asked by erudite communities and the end has always been an open horizon, where some choose to suicide and some dare to fly. It has never been the question of whether Mohammad would have loved a Jihadi or Shiva have embraced a person drunk to the neck. The fight has always been the meat vs potato, Diwali vs Eid, Jews vs  Cathloics and finally, if someone had some energy left, Christ vs Satan. Freedom was given to god’s child when he was born. Mohammad didn’t send the girl in a burqa and neither did Vishnu send his son marked with a tikka. The divide were always materialistic and created by man. This divided, however was faded to an extent by books, which politely just presented data and gave the liberty of reader’s opinion, which has greatly enhanced perspective, if not something else. Today a college student doesn’t wear a dhoti to the temple but wears Jeans and Kurtas. Now that’s an apt example of freedom in religion. Is Hinduism, Islam or Christianity organized enough? Well that’s a question which is quite well answered in the Geeta, Quran and Bible respectively. Ali Pandit has read all of these noble books and has finally embraced his Christian girlfriend’s last name in his identity. And even after 2000 years of civilization, Ali Pandit D’Souza is a happy man.   

© 2014 Madhur Khanna


Author's Note

Madhur Khanna
Do leave comments and your point of views.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on August 31, 2014
Last Updated on August 31, 2014
Tags: Religion, Philosophy, Christian, Hinduism, Islam, Teen

Author

Madhur Khanna
Madhur Khanna

Faridabad, Haryana, India



About
I m an engineering student pursuing automotive engineering. I am passionate about reading articles based on views/perceptions of society and have a special place in my heart for writers who tend to op.. more..

Writing