At the bus stop..

At the bus stop..

A Story by Madhusudha

  • He looks for her. And finds her.  She stood to the far edge as if hiding from the world.

    She stands at the far edge as if hiding from the world. Or him.

    He walks slowly towards her.

    Sensing his presence, she looks up.

     “So?”, he said.

    She turns away. Then looks back at him, bites her lip.

    “How did it go?”, he persists.

    “Well, what did you expect?”, she countered.

    Impatiently, “How did he take it?”

    Shaking her head, “He was upset… he looked betrayed, sort of”

    Umm... I kinda expected that… Did he put up a fight?

    “No, not really. Rather, he gave me the silent treatment. He never saw this coming.”

    Then, “And, with you?

    “Dad’s fine. Mom seemed a bit taken aback. She will be okay, though.” He said confidently. “Besides it's not that far away. Not like going away to another country.”

    Uncertain about that argument, she nods slightly.

    “Well, she never liked me.”, she whispers.

    He shook his head vigorously.” Don’t say that. Of course, she does!”

    She looks down, not answering.

     “Not so. It’s all new. Hey, give her some time.” he held her hand and squeezed it as if to reassure her.

    She sighs deeply and looks to the right.

    The bus.

    They board. It’s the long bearded, friendly driver.

    “Hello there, my dears. Hop on! It’s a glorious day for a ride.”

    They show their clipper cards, then find a seat.

    They sit together.

    Lost in their own thoughts, they looked out of the window at the passing scenery.

© 2016 Madhusudha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it. Had to re-read to figure out what was actually going on, but I thought the minimalist writing was nice. Might want to put some more subconscious clues in the beginning, I honestly thought the girl was breaking up with her boyfriend for the guy until halfway, and then I realized it was the dad and they were leaving.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hi Jesse,
Thanks for reading and your review. Yes, I had to write a scene at the bus stop for my creative writing class so I came up with this...

Posted 7 Years Ago


I liked it. Had to re-read to figure out what was actually going on, but I thought the minimalist writing was nice. Might want to put some more subconscious clues in the beginning, I honestly thought the girl was breaking up with her boyfriend for the guy until halfway, and then I realized it was the dad and they were leaving.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2016
Last Updated on December 12, 2016

Author

Madhusudha
Madhusudha

CA



About
I used to write when I was much younger but lost touch with it. Now I have resumed writing and more than anything I feel more alive than I have been in all these years... more..

Writing